PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled my GeForce FX pre-order!

Gwave65
02-08-03, 05:39 PM
I've been hearing all this smack about the possible cancellation of the FX, so i decided to go check my pre-order status at Outpost.com. They took the freaking thing off the web site. So I said to hell with this and called them up to cancel my order and bought a 9700 Pro instead. Dang. All those months of waiting down the drain. :mad:

digitalwanderer
02-08-03, 05:53 PM
On the brightside, you're gonna love your 9700 Pro! (I'm really missing the 9500 Pro I was playing with. :( )

volt
02-08-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Gwave65
I've been hearing all this smack about the possible cancellation of the FX, so i decided to go check my pre-order status at Outpost.com. They took the freaking thing off the web site. So I said to hell with this and called them up to cancel my order and bought a 9700 Pro instead. Dang. All those months of waiting down the drain. :mad:

Good choice there. Better spend the money on something worth it.

ATI LoVeR 9700
02-08-03, 07:16 PM
Wow...

Am I out of my mind, or are people in the hardcore nVidia forum encouraging the purchase of ATi products? Wow...

I think you made the WRONG choice. The Geforce FX has not been officialy scrapped, and it might just be a better card than the Radeon 9700 Pro.

Typedef Enum
02-08-03, 07:46 PM
Under no circumstances will that ever happen. The 9700 mops the floor when it comes to the most important thing in 3D...and this view IS also shared by nVidia (check some of the interviews with Kirk/etc)...Image Quality.

The performance is just one part of the problem, and in many ways, one of the problems I put towards the bottom. Not having done anything to significantly improve IQ is right @ the very top.

thcdru2k
02-08-03, 07:53 PM
you made the good choice...why take a chance on the geforcefx when the r9700 has been out for months now. if the ultra is truly canned, how much support and optimization do you really expect out of it.

ATI LoVeR 9700
02-08-03, 07:54 PM
Drivers can do miracles. Don't pass this card off...

***Looks at Self***

***Looks at Forum attitude***

Am I a nVidiot? :confused:

volt
02-08-03, 08:07 PM
At least we can acknowledge what has happened to NV30. We simply don't like it. Is that bad?

creedamd
02-08-03, 10:06 PM
If the Gffx would have been a 9700pro as$ kicker, it would have been a win win situation for all, it truly sucks that it wasn't, both Ati fans and Nvidia should be in mourning. I love new technology, I don't care what the brand name is. Bring on an Ibm Gpu that beats the pants off of ati and nvidia. (Just don't call it the DeathStar)

scott123
02-08-03, 10:42 PM
Yup, it was becoming pretty clear that the FX was a disaster for the consumer and Nvidia. Anyone that buys a heavily overclocked and overvolted card like that, is being somewhat foolish, because it won't last in performance, and probably won't be realiable for very long.

I canceled my pre-order last week and went for a 2800+ instead. Im going to skip a product cycle this time around. I don't think ANY FX card will ever make to the folks who keep there pre-orders.

Scott

UDawg
02-09-03, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ATI LoVeR 9700
Wow...

Am I out of my mind, or are people in the hardcore nVidia forum encouraging the purchase of ATi products? Wow...

I think you made the WRONG choice. The Geforce FX has not been officialy scrapped, and it might just be a better card than the Radeon 9700 Pro.

Rage3D is hard core. NvNews isn't. It is more a puter gadget site with a Nvidia slant. You hose head! Now beat it!
Or I shall get Serath to smite you with his sword. The Nanner ownz j00! :nana:

LORD-eX-Bu
02-09-03, 12:56 AM
I've been tellin you guys ATI ATI ATI! 9700 PRO! for months, lol, sure, don't listen to me....I like my avatar alot, don't you?:D

Uttar
02-09-03, 02:16 AM
On the value point of view, I got to agree you made a good choice :)

But on the other hand, your order was probably for an Ultra. According to rumors, the preorders were gonna be shipped, but not more. So it would have become a true collector's item in a way...

I wonder if we'll see a GFFX Ultra selling for $2000 in a few years...
Nothing is certain on that front, as nVidia could have billions of them in their warehouses and try to give them over the years to reviewers. Who knows.

But wait... If so many people are cancelling their GFFX Ultra preorders... nVidia was probably going to create exactly the number of GFFX Ultra required for the preorders...
But now, they've got a few too much... Hmm...

nVidia, can I have a free GFFX Ultra? :D

Uttar

Smokey
02-09-03, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by UDawg71
Rage3D is hard core. NvNews isn't. It is more a puter gadget site with a Nvidia slant. You hose head! Now beat it!
Or I shall get Serath to smite you with his sword. The Nanner ownz j00! :nana:

Dont mind him, he has been coming here for along time ;) That post of his is quite tame really, the thing is he has had so many different names, even GF3 lover I think :D

UDawg
02-09-03, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Dont mind him, he has been coming here for along time ;) That post of his is quite tame really, the thing is he has had so many different names, even GF3 lover I think :D

I'm just messing with him. Trolls don't really bug me much.