PDA

View Full Version : GRAW online

ynnek
07-09-06, 03:57 PM
anyone playing this game online?

The 1.20 patch fixed most of the false disconnect/anticheat issues.. Widescreen ratio still gets messed up though.. But the game is pretty stable now, except for an occasional crash once in a blue moon in MP (although I'm not sure what the blame is)

One thing I love about this game, whereever you are, theres always a whole bunch of places you have to keep an eye out.. There's much less of feeling that you are simply shooting in a room or hallway with only 2 or 3 spots.. Guns are pretty balanced too.. although the grenade launchers somes can get annoying on servers with free weapons. Don't get me wrong though, the noob tube definantly has its place/use though.

Domination is fun, when you are playing with people that know what they are doing.. or at least have some idea.

Deathmatch IMO is awesome, only when the map is big enough so that spawn camping is a minimum.. There some custom maps out there are really nice.

good servers are kinda rare since they still haven'yt released dedicated servers files! HOwever, my favorite server is GhostSquad's DOM and DM servers. Buch of more mature guys on there in GS, and its fun to blab with them on their ventrilo site.

For this game to go anywhere though.. Ubi has to release a dedicated server setup though..

Superfly
07-09-06, 04:33 PM
GRAW is rather sucky IMHO, so no im not playing it online - or at all in fact.

BioHazZarD
07-09-06, 05:12 PM
Bunch of cheaters online only not fun :(

ynnek
07-10-06, 10:30 AM
Bah.. It simply has an insane learning curve, which probably fustrates new people.. You can't play it like UT or even CS... You gotta be aware of whats around you and how the maps flow.. Cause almost anywher you are, there's like 10 places someone can pop out and get you. Weapon recoil is kinda harsh too. Also, another trick is the slide manuver..

ynnek
07-10-06, 10:41 AM
i love g.r.a.w.

...gives back memories why rainbow six and ghost recon pwn! :)

I'm kinda sad I never bothered playing those games.. Doh!

But I totally understand now why there's a nice niche of people playing these types of games.. and only a niche too.

|MaguS|
07-10-06, 10:43 AM
Raven Shield > GRAW

|MaguS|
07-10-06, 10:57 AM
While RS had issues it was alot more enjoyable then GRAW. T Hunt is just fun as hell and the custom maps were just a great twist.

GRAW just feels poorly put together.

ynnek
07-10-06, 11:04 AM
While RS had issues it was alot more enjoyable then GRAW. T Hunt is just fun as hell and the custom maps were just a great twist.

GRAW just feels poorly put together.

I gotta admit though.. GRAW lack of dedi, and widescreen bugs, and a few of the just recently fixed was/is really annoying though.

But even to this day, people tell me RS still has some major bugs floating around.. Ugh!

Sadly, reality is stuff like this will always happen as long as 90% of the online FPS players are still stuck to CS... (and even CS and CS Source went through a phase of wierd problems, bugs and stuff.)

PS: Arguing between two threads on the same subject is kinda confusing.. lol :)