PDA

View Full Version : Optimising a 7900GTX

wallis1905
07-10-06, 01:46 PM
Hello all,
I hope I can get some help here, I got a lot of hardware but not great performance.
CPU is an XPS 600 tower, 3.8GHz P4, 3Gb ram and a new 7900gtx 512mb. Am I mistaken or should I not suffer from framerate problems on reasonanble settings in Rainbow six lockdown?
My first problem is I cannot identify the manufacturer of the card. I bought it cheap from a bit without a box and there does not seem to be any lables on it. Any advice here.
Question, I replaced the 6800 GT that was in the computer, Is it possible to do that sli linkey thingey with these two cards?
I have attempted to overclock the 7900 using RivaTuner but it doesent seem to detect or allow me to control any clock speeds. Any advice?
Hope sombody can help me here, and no I'm not a rich kid! All hardware bought at discount prices from a friend.
Maybe my driver is crap? I have tried a few but the results remain unspectacular.

lmetza
07-11-06, 11:10 PM
Edited.
my bad, still havent gone to pci-e lol forgot about no agp drivers.

K007
07-11-06, 11:13 PM
Erm 7900GTX ...why install agp drivers? From the sound of it you got sold a crap card. If there are no warranty stickers then there is nothing you can do :/. Otherwise RMA.

My Card cant even handle 750 on the memory or even 799..that itself shows how bad the memory screws up :/..only works on 600.

mike686
07-12-06, 12:43 AM
pics of the card?

Xion X2
07-13-06, 08:29 AM
Am I mistaken or should I not suffer from framerate problems on reasonanble settings in Rainbow six lockdown?

That depends. What are your settings?

Also, please create a signature with your rig details in it, including power supply make/model, memory manufacturer, etc.