PDA

View Full Version : Prey Reviews

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
07-10-06, 01:40 PM
Shacknews (http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2006/071006_prey_1.x)

Got-Next (http://www.got-next.com/reviews_read.php?id=417)

superklye
07-10-06, 01:51 PM
Awesome. I can't wait to eat that monkey.

nVidi0t
07-10-06, 01:56 PM
Stocking up on Bawls as we speak :)

jAkUp
07-10-06, 02:06 PM
haha nice :D I really hope I can find it today.

nVidi0t
07-10-06, 02:09 PM
I have a convenience store around the corner that stocks it most of the year. Not near in the numbers they stock that other crap like Red Bull/Rockstar though, so I usually leave there with at least 2 crates.

Rayman1968
07-10-06, 02:17 PM
Some sites say the release date is the 10th, some say the 11th. So which is it?

jAkUp
07-10-06, 02:22 PM
I have a convenience store around the corner that stocks it most of the year. Not near in the numbers they stock that other crap like Red Bull/Rockstar though, so I usually leave there with at least 2 crates.

Recently I have been really addicted to Monster Energy Drink. I think Bawls and Monster are my favorites. I don't like anything else and I've tried just about all of them. Rockstar is kinda gross same with Full Throttle.

Monster is much easier to find though..heh

nVidi0t
07-10-06, 02:58 PM
Monster gives a stronger, longer lasting buzz. I can handle the flavor if I pour it into a glass with lots of ice. Nothing beats the smoothness of Bawls though :D

PeterJensen
07-10-06, 03:14 PM
Red Bull please :)

Superfly
07-10-06, 03:41 PM
I tend to stick to crack cocaine

grey_1
07-10-06, 03:47 PM
Some sites say the release date is the 10th, some say the 11th. So which is it?

EB told me tomorrow. Should be accurate, the manager says he's going crazy waiting for it. :)

nVidi0t
07-10-06, 03:52 PM
My copy from Amazon is shipping today :D

stncttr908
07-10-06, 04:31 PM
Going back to the green size just in time for this one. :thumbsup:

grey_1
07-10-06, 05:36 PM
Going back to the green size just in time for this one.
Red Bull please
Recently I have been really addicted to Monster Energy Drink.
Stocking up on Bawls as we speak

Meh, amatuers...Double strong black coffee on one hand, iced Jolt on the other, Doritos in teh lap. If you ain't shaking hard enough for the hair to come off your arms it ain't no good :D

Thanks for the review link btw, looks tasty :p

OWA
07-10-06, 06:31 PM
Yep, thanks for the links. Sounds like it won't disappoint.

Shacknews: I am happy to tell you that in the case of Prey, developed by Human Head Studios and published by 3D Realms, the wait was worth it. So, so worth it.
<snip>
Prey is a game that will get you tons of bang for your buck. It's like I said, game fans: FPS titles have felt stale for quite a while now. It's time for something to remind us why this genre is one of the best in gaming, and Prey does that and more. You'll be reminded of your first time playing the all time greats (Wolf3D, Doom, Duke3D, Quake, Half-Life) due to the fact that Prey doesn't just feel like something that has come before; it's a trend setter, and a worthy addition to any gamer's library.

Got-Next: We all remember those great "Oh ****" moments in our favorite first-person shooters: looking at Half Life 2's Citadel for the first time, crossing over into the bowels of Hell in Doom 3, or taking down your first Shambler in Quake. But what Human Head has effectively attempted here is to make an entire game of these jaw-dropping moments. It never fails to surprise, nor to create new or interesting scenarios to play. It's not an especially long (nor disappointingly short) journey, but it's an exceptionally memorable one.

nVidi0t
07-10-06, 07:01 PM
Meh, amatuers...Double strong black coffee on one hand, iced Jolt on the other, Doritos in teh lap. If you ain't shaking hard enough for the hair to come off your arms it ain't no good :D

Thanks for the review link btw, looks tasty :p

When I'm not drinking Bawls, I'm drinking coffee/water!

grey_1
07-10-06, 07:25 PM
When I'm not drinking Bawls, I'm drinking coffee/water!
:thumbsup:

whiskeychaser
07-10-06, 07:33 PM
Is the game available for legal download yet? If so, could someone point me in the right direction.

|MaguS|
07-10-06, 07:38 PM
Is the game available for legal download yet? If so, could someone point me in the right direction.

Probably will be on Direct2Drive tomorrow... or atleast sometime before the end of this week.

jAkUp
07-10-06, 07:40 PM
You can order it off triton now and have it by 12 today.

OWA
07-10-06, 07:52 PM
Has anyone used Triton? Since I usually have a hard time finding games on the release date in my area, I'd like to use this service. But, I'm not familiar with them.

The link: http://www.playtriton.com/prey/

|MaguS|
07-10-06, 07:54 PM
Has anyone used Triton? Since I usually have a hard time finding games on the release date in my area, I'd like to use this service. But, I'm not familiar with them.

The link: http://www.playtriton.com/prey/

They just started up... if you look at their selection theres not much there and honestly they don't have a large enough reputation for me to blow $50 in.

I will stick to D2D, I have had no problems with them and Fileplanet always has the best serves for me.

Sazar
07-10-06, 08:28 PM
Everyone should use Steam content delivery :cool:

|MaguS|
07-10-06, 08:37 PM
Everyone should use Steam content delivery :cool:

or Direct 2 Drive. :cool:

Sazer, Just noticed your title and avatar... you do know thats not a picture from DBZ right?

Banko
07-10-06, 08:42 PM
or Direct 2 Drive. :cool:

Sazer, Just noticed your title and avatar... you do know thats not a picture from DBZ right?
Knowing his title I would think he does, but anyways Trition looks like a good system. Does it really matter where you download the game from?