PDA

View Full Version : Are you gaming wirelessly?

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
07-10-06, 06:53 PM
As the poll says, post a comment if you feel like it. I find it so annoying when people tried an old unripe technology and holds on to their negative impression for all time to come. Gaming with a Logitech G7 myself I find the ongoing wireless mouse bashing utterly ridiculous. Some people just can't seem to catch on with time :D

And wireless both on the PC (mouse not keyboard) and with my X360 controllers. I absolutely love it! The future is wireless and changing/recharging batteries has never been easier and it definently makes up for the cable IMO ^^

Anyway what are your preferences?

nVidi0t
07-10-06, 07:03 PM
I'm still a die hard corded mouse fan, but I've tried the G7, and yeah, there's absolutely no reason not to go wireless. I just usually prefer corded models (such as the copperhead)

Roadhog
07-10-06, 07:09 PM
I love my MX1000 :D

Becoming
07-10-06, 07:11 PM

Ditto. :D

OWA
07-10-06, 07:12 PM
No for the PC (not considering it). Yes on the Xbox 360 and I really like it.

|MaguS|
07-10-06, 07:16 PM

Same, I will on the PC when MS releases the adapter for the X360 wireless controllers.

Sazar
07-10-06, 08:19 PM

:thumbsup:

Stoneyguy
07-10-06, 09:38 PM

me four! :jumping:

got it when it first came out and it's still like new with awesome battery life. Heck the MX 700 that got passed on to my girls' pc is only now starting to show a shortened battery life. Logitech knows mice and speakers. :super:

stncttr908
07-10-06, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't say I love it, but it doesn't feel any better or worse than my previous wired mice. So I suppose you could say I'm satisfied. :D

Son Goku
07-11-06, 12:13 AM
I might with my next moush, though a new mouse isn't exactly on the top of my list of priorities right now. It could prevent me from having to tug on the mouse every once in awhile to get more slack/less resistance in moving the mouse...

I've got a crap load of wires behind my comp desk, don't bother to ask :rofl

Smokey
07-11-06, 12:19 AM

The question is, is your mouse wireless? didnt know the 360 had a wireless mouse :D

Love gaming with my Logitech G7

einstein_314
07-11-06, 12:54 AM
Ever since I got my first wireless mouse (Logitech MX700) I've been in love with the freedom. Now with my Logitech G7, it's even better!! I can't stand wired mice anymore. The mice we have at school drive me nuts!! I never understood were all the wireless mouse bashing came from. Wireless is the way to go.

jAkUp
07-11-06, 01:00 AM
I still take the wired.... I know it makes no difference, but the peace of mind of the absolute fastest connection to my PC is what gets to me :) The cord does not really bother me.

With that being said, on my 2nd pc I have an MX1000 and the thing is absolutely amazing. No lag at all.

Zelda_fan
07-11-06, 01:07 AM
I have been wireless since the 360 and I have no intention to go back. It's kind of like useing a LCD vs CRT. Sure CRTs have their advantages, but once you go LCD you love the design so much you stick with it.

wysiwyg
07-11-06, 05:26 AM
im a mx1000 owner and avid gamer too. its performance is good enough to control the helicopters and planes in BF2 with

Gaco
07-11-06, 05:29 AM
I still take the wired.... I know it makes no difference, but the peace of mind of the absolute fastest connection to my PC is what gets to me :) The cord does not really bother me.

With that being said, on my 2nd pc I have an MX1000 and the thing is absolutely amazing. No lag at all.

Now you should really try the G7. I was having a Diamondback at the time I tried the MX1000 over at a friend's house and while I was surprised of the quality and smoothness I wasn't convinced of the whole wireless mouse thing for myself yet. That changed totally with the G7 - best mouse I ever had (and I have had a whole bunch of Logitech and Razor mice) :thumbsup:

Oh and BTW I can recommend the Steelpad 5L for anyone considering new mousepad - likewise best mousepad I ever had!! It feels like very hard cloth, but it's the best. It has five layers of something-something to make it great, and you've got to be a pretty hardcore chemist to truly understand how it works. Anyway I am SO finished with the nouisy icemats and classic steelpads :D

Lazaredz
07-11-06, 07:53 AM
MX700, still going strong after 3 years +

nemecb
07-11-06, 09:56 AM
Not right now, but only because Razer doesn't make a wireless mouse. I loved my old Logitech wireless mouse, but it was a very basic two button + wheel mouse and it's falling apart. I don't like the enormous new Logitech wireless mice so Razer it is. That said, I've been surprised that the cord doesn't bother me that much. I didn't think I'd ever be able to use corded mice again.

Gaco
07-11-06, 12:29 PM
Not right now, but only because Razer doesn't make a wireless mouse. I loved my old Logitech wireless mouse, but it was a very basic two button + wheel mouse and it's falling apart. I don't like the enormous new Logitech wireless mice so Razer it is. That said, I've been surprised that the cord doesn't bother me that much. I didn't think I'd ever be able to use corded mice again.

MX1000 is pretty big. G7 is more like Diamondback in size ;)

nemecb
07-11-06, 12:58 PM
Might have to check it out then. Come to think of it though, I didn't like the offset optical sensor on the bottom of my MX 700 either. Never could get used to it. Just my mousing style I guess. Does the G7 still have that?

CaptNKILL
07-11-06, 01:19 PM
No wireless here. I have my 4 year old MX500 here at work and the MX518 I got for christmas at home. Best mice ever :D

Gaco
07-11-06, 01:24 PM
Might have to check it out then. Come to think of it though, I didn't like the offset optical sensor on the bottom of my MX 700 either. Never could get used to it. Just my mousing style I guess. Does the G7 still have that?

Not sure what you mean exactly. This is how the G7 bottom looks like: http://www.bytesector.com/reviews/id-587/pic3.jpg

Anyway I think the G7 is not longer nor wider than the Diamondback, but it is a little higher and feels rounder. Both designs and gribs are confortable IMO, but the MX1000 was a little too big and heavy for me as well..

MaXThReAT
07-11-06, 01:28 PM
MX1000 here. I absolutely love the feel of this mouse over any other. I think the size, weight and contours are just right. I'll carry my mouse around with me all over the house. Use it to skip songs FF RR with hotkeys while I'm doing my dishes in the kitchen. I even tested it out from my neighbors apt and it works through 2 walls over 60ft away. :D

SH64
07-11-06, 01:46 PM
I do when i LAN/Network with my friends using my lappy. its good but seems to lag more than wired connections.

Gaco
07-19-06, 09:43 AM
Well in conclusion I think it's pretty striking that not a single person here has regretted going wireless yet we see so many people not even considering it. I guess you can interpret this your own way but IMO some of the explanation is undoubtly "gamer conservatism mentality" :)