View Full Version : Oblivion : The Vile Lair Expansion

SH64
07-11-06, 08:12 PM
Coming tomorrow!
http://obliviondownloads.com/Coming_Soon_DLC5.aspx

Features:

* A multilevel lair for murderous players to find refuge

* The Font of Renewal, where a player may purge himself of Vampirism

* The Shrine of Sithis where the infamous player may heal and be cured of disease

* A Dark Minion, who the player may employ to find gold in a most unseemly manner

* A 'cattle pen' for vampires to dine

* An indoor garden of venomous plants, including the notorious Chokeberry to feed to your enemy

* Various furnishing upgrades, including a study room and storage area

http://obliviondownloads.com/Images/ProductPage_Images/TES4-VileLair03.jpg

anticitizenzero
07-11-06, 10:21 PM
When are they gonna announce an expansion PACK!

|MaguS|
07-11-06, 10:22 PM
Never because people are stupid enough to buy these worthless addons...

Give me quests and extra lands to explore not more houses and lairs...

Zelda_fan
07-11-06, 10:38 PM
actually this thing sounds pretty sweet. I've stopped playing Oblivion, but if I was still playing it, I'd get this.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 04:19 AM

Do you think NOT buying this will actually make them suddenly decide to make an expansion pack that adds another whole province? :lol:

Besides, some people actually like things like this, and for $1.89, it sounds like a damn good deal. I havent even done half of what there is to do in the game yet, so I dont really have any need for this plugin, but I did buy a few of the other ones.

If I ever start another game as a murderer, I will probably get this.

I think one thing the game really needed was a profile system. Theres just so much to do, but it doesnt always fit the character youre using. Plus, some times I want to be evil, and other times I want to be the good guy. If I had some seperate characters I'd be able to do it all.

Superfly
07-12-06, 04:22 AM
Yawn

memmy
07-12-06, 11:26 AM
Are you kidding? I think it's more like people would be stupid not to spend a measly $1.89 to get this! :tool:
Worthless? I think a dollar and 89 cents is more worthless than this.

memmy
07-12-06, 11:28 AM
Yea a profile system would be real cool.
So this isn't the only plug in? There are more?
I'll have to go check that link out!

msxyz
07-12-06, 12:14 PM

QFT.

Acid Rain
07-14-06, 01:38 AM
So buying something for next to nothing which one deeply enjoys is stupid? Check your heads, men.

Arioch
07-14-06, 05:40 AM
What makes some of you think they aren't working on an expansion already? I would not be surprised to see something at the end of the year.

KickAssCop
07-14-06, 06:25 AM
If you people only knew where to look.. :bleh:

nekrosoft13
07-14-06, 07:40 AM
So buying something for next to nothing which one deeply enjoys is stupid? Check your heads, men.

because all this **** should have been in full game, they probably left it out on purpose to they can charge more money later.

so when will they release actuall story add-on?

|MaguS|
07-14-06, 10:11 AM

Because it adds NOTHING that the modding community can add for free... When I mean it adds nothing, it adds NOTHING.

There are already tons of new homes, lands and even towns that work perfectly with the game. If they expect people to pay for a new feature it should be something that only they can add due to limitiations with the construction kit... it shouldn't be something that the free mod community has been doing for months already.

I would pay for a mini expansion... not a mod.

Becoming
07-14-06, 04:01 PM
Until one of the community mods (that's so awesome you forgot you had it) breaks something and then you blame Bethesda for releasing a buggy game?

People buy them and enjoy them and those that don't want them don't have to waste a single moment of thought on them. I really don't see the issue, beyond some vague morality arguement which is itself just plain silly when you realize that games are a business whether you like it or not.

|MaguS|
07-14-06, 05:42 PM
The community mod I was using had more content then all of their payed mods total and more... The developer of the mod has yet to even release the update for the mod which he promises to include more content and fixes...

So yeah it broke ONE thing and added alot more then anything Bethesda has done yet.

I know that gaming is a business... I was in the business but to charge for something that offers nothing that the community has already provided is stupid. I want more monsters or further development of the world...

Hell, you would think they would include an official better UI with one of these updates but we have to depend on the community to make it more functional and just more PC aimed rather then the horrible console version we got.

Becoming
07-14-06, 06:06 PM
I agree with some of that, but the fact remains that the only reason we have some of those great mods is that they provide us with the tools to make them. They certainly aren't obligated to do so, but they DO.

I can certainly look the other way if they are able to make some spare change assigning a few people to make these plugins. I'd also love more quests like the ones included and more areas (I'm a total explorer/wanderer type of player), but I don't for a second believe that the "evil plugins" are somehow keeping me from getting that.

As for the plugins themselves, how many (if any) have you actually tried yourself? Some of them are pretty neat and I'm glad to have them. I have seen very few mods yet that have the kind of polish that the official ones do, so I'm not really sure what you mean about them adding nothing.

CaptNKILL
07-14-06, 07:01 PM
Can someone please link me to the mods that add more than the official mods? People have been saying that crap since the first set of 3 mods came out, yet anywhere I looked there were no mods that added anything similar to the game.

There are new lands and quests available now, but they arent the same as the official ones. In fact, there are very few that add anything other than a generic new town with a couple small side quests (of which there are already hundreds of in the game as it is).

Theres nothing wrong with the unnofficial ones, some of them actually are really cool (from the descriptions I've read) but I dont see why a few well made fan-made mods make Bethesda a bunch of crooks for selling a few of their own for $1.89.

If you dont want it, dont buy it. We arent morons for buying well made and well supported official content for less than $2.

People need to just relax and stop flipping out and flaming everything they dont agree with.

Also, the whole argument that "the mods add nothing that the community cant add" is a bunch of crap. I COULD have spent 6 months making a mod myself, I COULD have gone through and fixed every glitch in the game, I COULD have thought up and made the most amazing plugin the world has ever seen... but I didnt. Just like the community *didnt* make anything that was made in an official mod.

If the community has the same developement potential as Bethesda, then by all means, start gathering up dozens of modders and have everyone start working on a major fan made expansion that adds a new continent to the game.

Becoming
07-14-06, 07:34 PM
While they are at it, the geniuses in the community can also go and make a game as good as Oblivion and release it. When they finally go to sell it or make any money off of it they can put up with all the bull**** people like to throw at Bethesda just for the fact that they aren't allergic to making money for their hard work.

memmy
07-15-06, 01:35 AM
Until one of the community mods (that's so awesome you forgot you had it) breaks something and then you blame Bethesda for releasing a buggy game?

People buy them and enjoy them and those that don't want them don't have to waste a single moment of thought on them. I really don't see the issue, beyond some vague morality arguement which is itself just plain silly when you realize that games are a business whether you like it or not.
Exactly.
Why waste your time and energy if you are not interested?
If people want to add stuff to their game for the price of a cup of coffee,then there is no harm in that!

memmy
07-15-06, 01:37 AM
The community mod I was using had more content then all of their payed mods total and more... The developer of the mod has yet to even release the update for the mod which he promises to include more content and fixes...

So yeah it broke ONE thing and added alot more then anything Bethesda has done yet.

I know that gaming is a business... I was in the business but to charge for something that offers nothing that the community has already provided is stupid. I want more monsters or further development of the world...

Hell, you would think they would include an official better UI with one of these updates but we have to depend on the community to make it more functional and just more PC aimed rather then the horrible console version we got.
Horrible console version we got?
You are the 1st one ive seen to make that strange complaint.
Your opinions don't make other people idiots btw.

CaptNKILL
07-15-06, 04:36 AM
While they are at it, the geniuses in the community can also go and make a game as good as Oblivion and release it. When they finally go to sell it or make any money off of it they can put up with all the bull**** people like to throw at Bethesda just for the fact that they aren't allergic to making money for their hard work.
:werd:

I spent months working on the texture mods I made for everyone to use and enjoy and you dont see me whining about Bethesda charging for their plugins.

Sidric
07-15-06, 08:09 AM
yea this mod is all good and great, but I already have like 5 havens as it is(including the Thieves Den) so what exactly is so special about this one? not only that, after beating the game once I really don't have the enthusiam to get back into it again and while good, this mod really isn't helping.

/patiently waits for a full-fledged expansion

Acid Rain
07-15-06, 03:54 PM
:werd:

I spent months working on the texture mods I made for everyone to use and enjoy and you dont see me whining about Bethesda charging for their plugins.Yeah. Now imagine charging people a dollar each to download your finished work. Sounds pretty damn sweet, doesn't it? And still VERY inexpensive. I'd have no qualms about giving you a little pocket change for your product, and you certainly won't catch me blasting you if you manage to make a ton of money off the thing. I like others to be prosperous too, not just me.

People need to stop moaning every time someone asks them to pay for a service or product.

By Magus: "I want more monsters or further development of the world..."

Me too. I can't wait. I'm sure it's on the way. At least I hope so...