PDA

View Full Version : Final Thread and Post

Pages : [1] 2 3

Superfly
07-12-06, 07:18 AM
Hi Guys/Gals.

Over recent months, the last 12 most specifically I've found it increasingly difficult to get any form of feedback or even confirmation from NVIDIA regarding bugs I've submitted. The NVD site that I use for this has become a joke and its quite obvious to me that NV have no interest in maintaining or supporting the developer community there.

As some of you might know the form I have to fill out too file a bug is HUGE and very time consuming, it requires a massive amount of system information as well as details of the problem itself etc etc.

My E-mails and PM's to NVIDIA employee's have gone unanswered for months and im fed up of being ingnored.

My interest in trying to help NVIDIA produce better drivers/software and in trying to help this community (which recently has grown beyond the scope of little old me and the NVD bug reporting tool) has gone.

Many thanks to the mods and to mikeC for keeping this community the best on the web, I wish you guys the best of luck with your bugs and problems in future.

all the best - Superfly.

Over and out

EverGreen
07-12-06, 08:24 AM
Just 12 month's try too help peeps around with bugs and other driver problems, then welcome to the real world matey, i almost doing this for more then 30 years now to help peeps out, trying to mail those fruit cakes round the globe how to solve problems or how to get rid of these bug problems...
No one just been reliable for easy listening or have a good point for sharing to solving these lame problems, they just more busy to earn their money then they bothers about yout thiny bug problem.

So don't quit the site here and just stay here around with the other good fellows around who like to have found a way to your complaining, just don't spank away by kids whom won't understand the real IT/ICT world.

Just show up your teeth here and try to find a way with others how to solv your problems, if not then buy a simple console and bye for ever (nana2)

squall_leonhart
07-12-06, 08:25 AM
yeah, Don't go Superfly!

let us deal with nvidia.. we'll send complaint mail and tell them to pull up thier act or else we'll all return our high performance cards and put nvidia's profits into losses :D

nekrosoft13
07-12-06, 08:30 AM
don't leave dude

its quite easy to contact nvidia, find their names, take the first letter of first name and the last name add on @ nvidia.com and send out e-mails ;)

Superfly
07-12-06, 08:40 AM
don't leave dude

its quite easy to contact nvidia, find their names, take the first letter of first name and the last name add on @ nvidia.com and send out e-mails ;)

with all due respect I've been in contact with NVIDIA for several years, I wonder if people even bothered to read the whole of my post.

as stated, im done with it.

nekrosoft13
07-12-06, 08:44 AM
maybe one person is not enough, lets make the entire forum send out e-mails ;)

hey whats the name of their CEO?

squall_leonhart
07-12-06, 08:54 AM
YEAH, im sure they'll start taking notice if they recieve 3000 hate mails

EverGreen
07-12-06, 08:56 AM
just 3000, how about 3.000.000 posts each day? (pirate)

Demanufakture
07-12-06, 12:21 PM
See ya later superfly. It's not our job or yours anyway to fix the bugs nvidia creates in their drivers. It's the highly paid driver teams that nvidia employs job to fix these bugs. Now, maybe I misread your post but, why leave the forum all together? You are still a nvidia user right? You don't have to be the "go-between" for us and nvidia. No one does, it's nvidias' job to listen to the community and communicate with us. If they don't then they aren't doing a good job.;)

Example of nvidia doing a bad job: The fact that still to this day nvidia has yet to admit that there was a problem with agp 6800 cards on nforce 3 systems with 7x.xx drivers. I'd say that is what I like the least about nvidia and their business strategies.

Riptide
07-12-06, 12:52 PM
Yeah I guess I'm confused. Why leave nvnews because of the situation with NVidia?

If you still like games and 3D accelerators why leave nvnews?

Phyxion
07-12-06, 12:57 PM
Who is for an online petition to show nVidia that they should read Superfly's posts?
I am at least.

@Superfly, too bad you are leaving, I really enjoyed your stay here, I hope you will return at one day, and make this place what it used to be, with you...

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 01:00 PM
Yeah I guess I'm confused. Why leave nvnews because of the situation with NVidia?

If you still like games and 3D accelerators why leave nvnews?
Yeah Im confused about this as well...

johnkeel105
07-12-06, 01:05 PM
Wow, that is something, leaving a community that likes to hear from you because Nvidia won't listen to ur complaints. Well I am sure everyone here supports the idea of submitting your bugs to nvidia and such. But walking away from a community because a company, not the people of the community, won't listen to you. That makes no sense at all.:thumbdwn:

jAkUp
07-12-06, 01:10 PM
I can understand if you don't want to submit bug reports anymore, but why leave Nvnews? Nvnews is not associated with Nvidia other than being a primarly Nvidia fansite.

superklye
07-12-06, 01:12 PM
Criticizing him for his decision isn’t going to help anything. If he wants to leave or take a break, let him.

Think about it...when you come out of a long-term relationship, do you really want to dive headfirst into another without any time off?

I know I don’t. I haven’t even THOUGHT about dating in over 14 months since my last relationship ended and I’m in no hurry to get involved and I don’t hang around whiney girls complaining about how they need a guy. This is the same thing. He’s breaking off ties with NVIDIA; being around people of a community that is mostly NVIDIA fanatics isn’t a place that is entirely appealing right now. Let him have his space.

And all that aside, thanks for all you’ve done. Your efforts have not gone unappreciated nor have they gone unnoticed.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 01:24 PM
Criticizing him for his decision isnít going to help anything. If he wants to leave or take a break, let him.

Think about it...when you come out of a long-term relationship, do you really want to dive headfirst into another without any time off?

I know I donít. I havenít even THOUGHT about dating in over 14 months since my last relationship ended and Iím in no hurry to get involved and I donít hang around whiney girls complaining about how they need a guy. This is the same thing. Heís breaking off ties with NVIDIA; being around people of a community that is mostly NVIDIA fanatics isnít a place that is entirely appealing right now. Let him have his space.

And all that aside, thanks for all youíve done. Your efforts have not gone unappreciated nor have they gone unnoticed.
But but but, we just want to be friends! Really!

If we decide to take the relationship further into a technical support type thing some day, itl be something we both agree on.

:p

(just trying to lighten the mood in here)

retsam
07-12-06, 01:28 PM
Hi Guys/Gals.

Over recent months, the last 12 most specifically I've found it increasingly difficult to get any form of feedback or even confirmation from NVIDIA regarding bugs I've submitted. The NVD site that I use for this has become a joke and its quite obvious to me that NV have no interest in maintaining or supporting the developer community there.

As some of you might know the form I have to fill out too file a bug is HUGE and very time consuming, it requires a massive amount of system information as well as details of the problem itself etc etc.

My E-mails and PM's to NVIDIA employee's have gone unanswered for months and im fed up of being ingnored.

My interest in trying to help NVIDIA produce better drivers/software and in trying to help this community (which recently has grown beyond the scope of little old me and the NVD bug reporting tool) has gone.

Many thanks to the mods and to mikeC for keeping this community the best on the web, I wish you guys the best of luck with your bugs and problems in future.

all the best - Superfly.

Over and outi know you have your reasons for leaving...just do us a favor and stop by sometime and say hello just to let us know how your are doing...i wish you the best of luck in your future endevors.

thanks for all youíve done. Your efforts have not gone unappreciated nor have they gone unnoticed.QFT!!!

Riptide
07-12-06, 01:37 PM
Criticizing him for his decision isnít going to help anything. If he wants to leave or take a break, let him.Who is being critical? So far people are just expressing confusion that's all. The frustration was directed towards NVidia the company not this site. That's why we aren't understanding why he would now want to leave here.
It's not that unusual for people that come off a long term relationship to be pretty hungry for another one. I know I was. It's usually a mistake to ever try to rush into something though. And we know how women react to a man who acts like he really wants/needs a relationship.
Heís breaking off ties with NVIDIA; being around people of a community that is mostly NVIDIA fanatics isnít a place that is entirely appealing right now. Let him have his space.lol OK I guess I see a certain rationale to that.
And all that aside, thanks for all youíve done. Your efforts have not gone unappreciated nor have they gone unnoticed.

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 01:43 PM
Later Superfly, Its your choice and I wont agrue it but I hope you agree with it in yourself. Who cares about Nvidia, the community considered you very helpful and a friend.

Keep in touch every now and then.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 01:46 PM
We'll miss ya Superfly. Thanks for everything you've done! :thumbsup:

Monolyth
07-12-06, 01:56 PM
Think Of The Children Superfly!!!! The Children!!!!

squall_leonhart
07-12-06, 02:04 PM
Criticizing him for his decision isnít going to help anything. If he wants to leave or take a break, let him.

try tellng that to my Ex-GF of 3 yrs who broke up with me 2 weeks ago and is already seeing someone....

me.. i can actually understand you...

SLippe
07-12-06, 06:10 PM
Take care Superfly. Not much else I can say that hasn't been said already. Oh, can I have your Clone Trooper avatar? :D Don't be a stranger!

OWA
07-12-06, 08:54 PM
Sorry to see you go Superfly but thanks for the help while here.

Q
07-12-06, 08:57 PM
God damnit.

Chrisray...now you...

All the educated peeps like to disappear! We sure are going to miss you, man!