PDA

View Full Version : Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines ...FPS!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

K007
07-12-06, 10:17 AM
Hmm..why does this game still have sucky FPS ><. For example the starting area when you enter the streets fps is arround 30-40..it kinda feel like oblivion..only it seems to dip alot.

On a 7900GTX 650/600. Its still alot better than the 6800GT gameplay i had but dam...:thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 10:35 AM
Because the game was rushed and is still buggy. Saddly the developers are nolonger around either, make sure update with all the unofficial patches since without it the game is almost broken.

Banko
07-12-06, 11:10 AM
Try using the fan patches, I ran that game fine at 1280x1024 4xaa 16xaf

nVidi0t
07-12-06, 01:12 PM
I still have some performance issues. Just badly coded I guess.

zodiaK
07-12-06, 01:43 PM
It was an early version of the Source engine and apparently Valve wanted them to pay more for engine updates, or something to that effect. It's just poorly coded on the engine side of things.

Definitely worth sticking through the bad outdoor FPS though, its a tremendous game.

SH64
07-12-06, 01:44 PM
In streets the game seems to be CPU bound. better CPU will give better framerate .. thats what i experianced myself.
the framerate in streets will be the same NO MATTER WHAT RES or AA/AF settings you play at .. because its CPU limited. (it uses Source FYI).

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 02:46 PM
It was an early version of the Source engine and apparently Valve wanted them to pay more for engine updates, or something to that effect. It's just poorly coded on the engine side of things.

Definitely worth sticking through the bad outdoor FPS though, its a tremendous game.

Thats a load of bull, The developers went under before the game even released... Valve had nothing to do with it.

The game was rushed, It was ready to ship prior to even HL2 being completed... The only reason it didn't ship before was an agreement that Valve had to make HL2 the first Source Engine title on the market.

With all the bugs though, I still enjoyed the game. Its one of the better games out there...

nekrosoft13
07-12-06, 03:05 PM
even with all the bugs, this is one of my favorite games

playing as malkavian was the best part of the game

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 04:00 PM
I wish there was a demo of this, I want to give it a try.

I remember playing Redemption and not liking it much. This one sounds better.

BioHazZarD
07-12-06, 04:09 PM
Yeah well its buggy nothing to do about that it will be that forever it seems.. too bad it was good.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 04:20 PM
Yeah well its buggy nothing to do about that it will be that forever it seems.. too bad it was good.
Even with this unnofficial patch?
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/vampirebloodlines/Thirdparty/vtmbup25.txt

It was updated on the 27th.

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 04:21 PM
Even with this unnofficial patch?
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/vampirebloodlines/Thirdparty/vtmbup25.txt

It was updated on the 27th.

The unofficial patch can only fix scripting errors and general problems, it can't fix engine issues.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 04:24 PM
The unofficial patch can only fix scripting errors and general problems, it can't fix engine issues.
Damn, thats too bad.

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 04:26 PM
Damn, thats too bad.

The game is still very playable, and I would recommend giving it a shot. Its nothing like Redemption since its more of a FPS/RPG game rather then a traditional RPG that Redemption tried to be.

The game has some of the best quests I have ever played, especially in the starting city. HIGHLY recommend playing the game.

BTW Redemption rocks! I love that game.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 04:30 PM
Are there any games you'd compare it to gameplay wise? One review said that some missions play out very similarly to Deus Ex, and the mood of the game looks a lot like Deus Ex as well.

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 04:33 PM
It plays alot like Deus Ex and System Shock 2... maybe even Morrowind since it can be very nonlinear at times. But alot like DE and SS2...

Damit, Now I have to install it again... dam you!

FearMeAll
07-12-06, 05:05 PM
I love this game as well. Was perfectly playable for me even though the framerate should've been in the 100's, 40fps and above is fine with me. It is a very unique game.

CaptNKILL
07-12-06, 05:14 PM
You guys might want to play with your SLI settings for this game too... Ive had some really strange problems with Source engine games lately regarding my sli settings. I fixed it by setting my SLI mode to "auto detect" and out right deleting the Half-Life 2 profile. The custom SLI setting it was using didnt work very well.

sillyeagle
07-12-06, 05:52 PM
Wow I've still got this game on the shelf, havn't played it yet. Maybe I should try getting into it since I lost interest in my beloved Oblivion 90 hours into it. :(

Sidric
07-12-06, 08:10 PM
Combat in Oblivion is head and shoulders above Vampire. Bloodlines however has much better story content and in my opinion, a wider array of character choices. Oh, and the dialogue is some of the best I've heard in any game. Highly recommended.

nutcrackr
07-12-06, 08:24 PM
I gave it a shot, I couldn't stand it. Performance I could barely forgive since it was at least playable most of the time. Bugs I just couldn't forgive nor could I forgive the somewhat shallow gameplay design and combat.. Not to mention the sloppy design. At 80% on gamerankings, the game is overrated.

|MaguS|
07-12-06, 08:33 PM
Shallow gameplay?!?! Yeah... you didn't play it then...

SignorSalad
07-12-06, 08:52 PM
I played Vampire the entire way through 2 yrs ago without encountering any showstopping bugs. Come to think of it, I can't remember any bugs at all. This is directly out of the box without any fan patches applied.

Found it to be an amazing game. Great story, great lines, great voiceovers, great music. I'd imagine its selling for $15 or less in the bargain bin these days. If you haven't tried it but are thinking about it, its worth a shot. If you tried Sin Episodes for $18 when it came out, but finished it in 2 days or found it to be more of the same old same old then this is definitely worth the same $$. At the very least Vampire is original and unique. And if you dig it you will get 35-50 hours out of it.

crainger
07-12-06, 08:52 PM
Its one of my altime fav games. Even with all the bugs and the unfinished feel, its a AAA title. Has one of the best levels ever, I still cannot play Ocean House at alone at night. Also some of the coolest powers. Try playing as Gangrel and doing a stealth kill in your War Form...

A sequel would be great, but have the huge time passage like in Redemption. That way you could have the Oblivion style gameplay in the past, and a more Bloodlines/HL2/Sin style for the present.

zodiaK
07-12-06, 09:46 PM
A sequel would be great, but have the huge time passage like in Redemption. That way you could have the Oblivion style gameplay in the past, and a more Bloodlines/HL2/Sin style for the present.
I highly doubt there'll be a sequel anytime soon. Activision still has the license last I checked and they aren't very interested in another Vampire title, especially how they treated the last one.