PDA

View Full Version : Odd issues with Compaq Presario 700 Laptop.

Digital_Trans
07-12-06, 02:16 PM
I'm working on a Compaq Presario 700 Laptop for a friend of mine and it seems to have power issues. I tryed reformatting with his Windows XP Pro restore disc and it just sets there half way at about 57% formatted not even at the install stage yet. that alone tool 12 hours to make it that far. When I did a quick NTFS format it worked and made it to an install point but shut down it's self once it tryed to install windows XP Pro. This Laptop doesn't have the battery inside it because the owner lost it. It relies on getting power from it's adapter. I don't know if this laptop has a faulty power supply issue or bad hard drive? It also shuts it's self down even when I go into the bios to check the settings. Like in 5 seconds it powers down. What shoud I do to resolve the problem? :(

Digital_Trans
07-12-06, 10:45 PM
Okay, if this is the wrong thread, would someone please post the correct link I need to post this topic? :D

Digital_Trans
07-13-06, 02:16 PM
I had this once with a 3.5" HDD. Extremely long formating time and/or instabilities. I had to replace the disk.

I see, thanks for the info.