PDA

View Full Version : Can't remove front drive bay plates

eneco
07-12-06, 06:14 PM
I recently ordered a new system from newegg.com and have been assembling it. I have almost everything else set up, but I just can't figure out how I am supposed to remove the drive bay plate for a floppy (I probably don't need a floppy anyways, but since I got one I might as well install it). I've looked for screws on the front to take the front part of the case off, but I couldn't find much. I've also tried putting force into it to just bust it out but I don't think it's supposed to come out that way because it didn't budge. Although the case manual does suck, it did say I was supposed to remove the front part of the case, and then unscrew the drive bay plate, but I can't even get the front part off. Thanks for any help.:)
eneco

Roadhog
07-12-06, 06:40 PM
pull the front off
it should come right off.

EDIT: oh, what case is it?

Bearclaw
07-12-06, 06:50 PM
If you can't get it off I wouldn't even try to anymore. Floppy's aren't used that much nowadays compared to all of the other options we have such as flash drives, etc. Also, the more stuff you add in there, the temperatrue is bound to rise. It might not rise alot from a floppy drive if any at all but also bear in mind that floppy drives are IDE, so that ribbon cable won't look pretty inside. ;)

eneco
07-12-06, 08:58 PM
Right, sorry, the case is a cooler master cavalier 3.
Yeah, the thing is, it's not only for a floppy because i'm ordering a dvd-rom drive to go with my dvd burner. However, I haven't tried taking the drive bay plate out for the dvd-rom slot and it looks a little different from the floppy one, but i'm not sure, they could be the same. I'll go take a look at it. By the way, I got my dvd burner OEM from newegg so it didn't come with any IDE cables or anything. Can I use the floppy CD-ROM cable that came with my mobo instead or do I have to get a different one? If so, then do I just plug it into the 40pin (I think) primary_IDE connector on my mobo?
Anyways, here's (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811119075)a link to the case on newegg.

Quick420
07-14-06, 01:58 PM
I would really like to help you out but it seems you may have bitten off more than you can chew.First of all the covers you speak of are usually attached inside with cheap plastic tabs on each side,look inside from the back and push the two tabs inwards...pop.Or just snap it out since it's no longer needed.As for the cd-rom cable question,I would suggest your primary H/D be on the primary IDE channel,and use the secondary IDE for Cd-roms-DVD-roms etc.If you get stuck though keep posting we will try to help.After all DELL sucks and ne1 attempting to put together thier first pc alone deserves our help...good luck M8:D :D :D :D :D

eneco
07-15-06, 12:04 AM
Alright, i'll see where I can get on the drive bay plates. My HD though is SATA II, so I just plug that into the SATA connectors right? No need to use an IDE cable for that. So then I plug both DVD drives onto the same cable which is then plugged into the primary_IDE slot with one set as master and one slave, right? Unfortunately, I can't try anything now to see if it works because I just had to RMA my graphics card to newegg because it was DOA, but hopefully I should get a new one back by next week (at least i'm pretty sure it was DOA, assuming I set everything up right). Thanks for the help.
eneco