PDA

View Full Version : To all DxTweaker users that play BF2/Punkbuster protected games

squall_leonhart
07-13-06, 01:59 PM
PB released an update recently, and the new beta (that did work) no longer works.

i will ask you all to NOT use it, and i will be pulling the download due to PB being a bunch or asssniffers

pls send all your hate mail to THEM and not me.

i apologise to all the guys who got banned due to this, i don't make the program, im just a tester who got fed up with no action from the guys to make a public release.

DxTweaker will still work on non pb protected servers so you can use it on them. also, i apologise for any bannings, i didn't for see this coming and if i had have known that PB had updated, i would not have released the beta for usage.

pls don't hate me for this.. hate them for being a bunch of *******s and not having a decent game engine (Bf2).

i'll be getting onto the makers ASAP to give them a verbal kick in the pants to get back to work.

tacos4me
07-13-06, 02:22 PM
Now who would have thunk messing around with the game's .dll's might get you banned? :p

squall_leonhart
07-13-06, 02:37 PM
it doesn't mess with the games Dlls

it doesn't change them at all

DxTWeaker works as a translator between the game requesting DX and DX itself.

tacos4me
07-13-06, 02:41 PM
Well what's the reason for PB banning people that use it?

spawn
07-13-06, 02:59 PM
with that tool you can switch to wireframe mode, a classical wallhack :thumbdwn:
i personaly donīt understand why the author of this prog did not remove that function.
so for me and pb are all online users of this tool latent cheaters.

squall_leonhart
07-13-06, 03:02 PM
with that tool you can switch to wireframe mode, a classical wallhack :thumbdwn:
i personaly donīt understand why the author of this prog did not remove that function.
so for me and pb are all online users of this tool latent cheaters.

not even pb can prevent cheaters.. there are ways around everything.

but seriously... TB is much needed for the game.

i don't think the guys will be able to fix this either :(

EverGreen
07-13-06, 03:02 PM
Cheating been done easenly with older DX versions, like wall hacking etc, like the best running DX 7.1 version can implement very good away in DX 9.0C version wihtout being notified.
PB just checked when the rightfull drivers on their hashlinks and their driver numbers, if there some changement in them they been blocked and it won't work again.