PDA

View Full Version : nForce4 Driver Chipset v6.86 Question?

Digital_Trans
07-14-06, 03:51 AM
I have a question about installing the nForce4 Chipset drivers v6.86?
When installing the drivers, do I also need to install the Nvidia nForce Audio Driver v4.65 "WHQL" and Audio Utility v4.51 or do I need to leave it unchecked? I never install it but I'm not sure if it is required or if it will effect anything not being installed. I use a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card.

grey_1
07-14-06, 06:01 AM
You can leave it unchecked. I only install the smbus and ethernet myself.

flukester
07-17-06, 12:22 PM
You can leave it unchecked. I only install the smbus and ethernet myself.

What about the IDE drivers? Do you use system drivers or the nVidia? Is there an advantage to Windows IDE drivers? I've wondered this myself.

grey_1
07-17-06, 12:27 PM
What about the IDE drivers? Do you use system drivers or the nVidia? Is there an advantage to Windows IDE drivers? I've wondered this myself.
Personally I prefer the windows drivers, ever since the nf2 I've had flaky behavoir with nv's IDE drivers. Your mileage however, may vary;)

squall_leonhart
07-17-06, 01:10 PM
Personally I prefer the windows drivers, ever since the nf2 I've had flaky behavoir with nv's IDE drivers. Your mileage however, may vary;)

IDE 667 works fine for me ;)

but im biased.. coz i modded em :D

grey_1
07-17-06, 01:23 PM
IDE 667 works fine for me ;)

but im biased.. coz i modded em :D

:D Any noticable difference? Granted we have 2 different chipsets I wouldn't know if your answer is 'biased' or not ;) :D

snilloconator
07-17-06, 02:07 PM
I install all but the sound drivers and have had no problems with them at all.

Digital_Trans
07-19-06, 03:34 AM
I've always wanted to know why I'd need to install IDE drivers when I use SATA? IDE isn't SATA so why install that feature from the Nvidia nForce4 chipset drivers? :)

squall_leonhart
07-19-06, 11:15 AM
I've always wanted to know why I'd need to install IDE drivers when I use SATA? IDE isn't SATA so why install that feature from the Nvidia nForce4 chipset drivers? :)

SATA is the evolution of IDE

you have

PATA-IDE
SATA-IDE

Pata IDE is basically your standard ATA controller (80pins)

the Nforce SWIDE drivers have extra features over the ms drivers such as enabling Read caching, and NCQ, plus some others.

Digital_Trans
07-20-06, 12:06 AM
SATA is the evolution of IDE

you have

PATA-IDE
SATA-IDE

Pata IDE is basically your standard ATA controller (80pins)

the Nforce SWIDE drivers have extra features over the ms drivers such as enabling Read caching, and NCQ, plus some others.

Okay, thanks alot for helping me in regards to these questions......(nana2)

HighTest
07-26-06, 08:09 PM

Your DVD or CD-ROM is SATA as well? The legacy support of IDE will continue for some time I imagine.

The SW IDE drivers will have an impact on those devices.

Eliminator
07-27-06, 10:35 AM
you should at least install the nvidia IDE drivers and see how they work... ive never had a problem with them not even in the old nforce2 days