PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard completely stopped working.

LORD-eX-Bu
07-16-06, 10:05 PM
Hey guys, I have a problem with a computer of mines. Keyboard started missing strokes and all of the sudden doesn't work. It is a wireless Logitech Elite thing. I tried reverting to a wired keyboard using a PS/2 port but it won't respond either. So as it stands I am locked out of the computer because I can't login. If it helps the mouse still responds. Any suggestions?

Riptide
07-16-06, 10:06 PM
Do you have another USB keyboard you could try and plug into a different port?

Bearclaw
07-16-06, 10:31 PM
Try what riptide said. If it is indeed broken, I wouldn't worry about it to much. It's not a very costly part like the CPU or the video card. You can pick one up as low as 5 bucks that will hold you over for now if it did break. If it did though, why not invest in a backlit one or anything that you find an interest in?

GamerGuyX
07-16-06, 11:30 PM
Not trying to be a smartass but how are you typing this?

Roadhog
07-16-06, 11:38 PM

maybe he has another pc? Or is at the Library?

Bearclaw
07-16-06, 11:40 PM

Hahaha. I didn't even think about that until he mentioned it. I wonder how...the world may never know.

crainger
07-17-06, 12:30 AM
Dragon Naturally Speaking ofcourse.

LORD-eX-Bu
07-17-06, 12:54 AM
Its kind of strange actually. I am in Norman, OK on business and the computer with the problem is in Miami, FL. I got a call from my sister that that happened. So she has been giving me all the details. Yeah, we've tried multiple keyboards. I will ask her if she has tried a different USB port. I have a computer here in Norman, OK so that is how I am typing:lol:

I am using a Saitek Eclipse, its pretty sweet:thumbsup: