PDA

View Full Version : With new drivers nstant media plays everything in fullscreen

sponken23
07-17-06, 05:04 AM
Ever since a few drivers back the nstant media player that comes with purevideo is messed up. All movies are scaled to fullscreen, both avi files and dvd's. When fast forwarding a dvd it is fine, but when you stop fast forwarding it goes back to fullscreen. Sometimes it plays right for a few seconds, than pop back to fullscreen. DVD's that have video material, like some menues and behind the scenes sequences often flickers back and fourth between fullscreen and normal constantly. I've tried different de-interlace settings, but it doesn't make a difference. I tried the old forceware 81.98 driver and it works without a problem, so the bug isn't in the nstant player itself, but in the drivers. I have a Geforce 6600GT AGP card.

Does anyone have the same problem, or now of a way of contacting nvidia? Hopefully they read this forum.

j0j081
07-17-06, 06:37 AM
you could just use wmp.

sponken23
07-17-06, 07:21 AM
you could just use wmp.

The problem with wmp is that it uses overlay mode which gives much worse colors compared to wmr9. You get a noticable banding effect. Maybe it is better on ATI cards? I also notice that red colors look way too red in overlay mode which I don't remember from before. It might be something with the drivers, or that I am spoiled by vmr9.

I know that you can also use "quality mode" in wmp, which uses vmr7 renderless if i'm not mistaken, but the problem with that is that i get tearing or stutters. Nstant media player uses vmr9 exclusive fullscreen mode which results in accurate colors and very smooth movments.

squall_leonhart
07-17-06, 07:54 AM
set it to hiqh quality mode in the performance settings > advanced.

no more overlay.

sponken23
07-17-06, 11:29 AM
set it to hiqh quality mode in the performance settings > advanced.

no more overlay.

Then it uses VMR 7 and i get tearing

Eliminator
07-18-06, 11:23 AM
ya i know what you mean.... i havent found a solution to this yet

j0j081
07-18-06, 12:23 PM
Then it uses VMR 7 and i get tearing
really? I don't get any tearing here.