PDA

View Full Version : CM Stacker 830 on the way

crainger
07-18-06, 12:32 AM
Just ordered a CoolerMaster Stacker 830 and matching CoolerMaster 550Watt PowerSupply. My SuperLANBoy has served me well, but I have out grown it.

Would it be worth it getting the Cross Blower fan? I've heard they can be mounted in the 830.

Roadhog
07-18-06, 12:45 AM
holy cool case batman! Hopy you like it. And yah, get the blower.

crainger
07-18-06, 12:54 AM
OK. I have a few days to think about the blower. I wasn't in stock when I ordered, so I choose just to take the PS and case. Shipping is free so it wont cost extra :)

Bearclaw
07-18-06, 05:39 AM
Just checked out that case, pretty cool! Have fun! :D

nekrosoft13
07-18-06, 06:26 AM
i just bought one past Sunday. God damn this is the best case ever made !

just need to find a internal firewire extension cable.

I will try to post some pics later.

crainger
07-18-06, 07:48 AM
I would be posting pics, but I have misplaced my camera. Actually I don't think I have seen it since I came home from Mums... Will try my phone, has a 2mp camera should turn out ok.

I also looked at the P180, but they guys at the store told me they are a bugger to work in and the Stacker was pure bliss... Slide Out Motherboard tray FTW!

nekrosoft13
07-18-06, 08:26 AM
i upgraded from p160 to stacker 830. and really like the change. my friend has the P180, not only its metal, its also heavy, and the front door/panel looks really weird.

crainger
07-20-06, 09:16 PM
Alright my Stacker arrived. Its alot bigger than I thought and the box is even more of a surprise. Good thing I'm working late today so I can shift my car and get a park right out front of work.

I ended up with a Antec HE 550 after hearing how noisy the CM Power Supplies are. Plus I might as well go modular. I'll just need some decent case lighting so every can see how modular it is (Mesh does not make the most transparent case window :) ).

nekrosoft13
07-20-06, 09:20 PM
stay away from modular, they are not that good, and not reliable

get either pc power and cooling or seasonic, two best brands

edit

here is my stacker
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=942365&postcount=309

Roadhog
07-20-06, 09:21 PM
get yourself a nice OCZ Powerstream psu. :D

Tikiman44
07-20-06, 10:38 PM
Call me a window man, but this modded 830 makes me drool:drooling::

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/CM830_D120_01.jpg

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=194&products_id=4270

crainger
07-20-06, 10:39 PM
I checked out the Seasonic, but only one place sells them in AUS and I'd rather deal with my regular guys. Same for the OCZ and PC Power and Cooling, they are just to rare in these parts. Plus after reading all the review, especially the silentpc review. I was sold on the HE. I trust Antec, never had an issue with their power supplies. I know they had issues with ASUS boards until the A3 revision.

I think most people issues with modular PSUs come from using UltraX brand units. From what I hear the old Antec Neo 480 was a pretty good PSU, if a little noisy.

crainger
07-20-06, 10:41 PM
Wow. Nice mod. I hope they release an official window. I ahve neither the time nor the patience to make my own.

nekrosoft13
07-20-06, 10:51 PM
trust me seasonic is worth it

nV`andrew
07-20-06, 11:23 PM
for a power supply i dont think he needs to go so far to wherever he has to go to buy it. as long as it looks good and powers his system well, i think he will survive :p. a fricken 400w smartpower from antec has powered my system just fine

nekrosoft13
07-20-06, 11:30 PM
PSU is the most importand part of the system, it makes sure everything runs the way it supposed to

nV`andrew
07-20-06, 11:42 PM
PSU is the most importand part of the system, it makes sure everything runs the way it supposed to

yes i know that. but like i said, im sure he'll survive. if the rails are strong, and its enough watts, im sure he will be fine. Antec is one of the cheaper brands out there, but they wouldn't be well known if they werent realiable. I'm with you 100% on going with a seasonic, but in his situation, im not sure if it would be worth the hassle to get rid of his pc and go out and find the other seasonic

crainger
07-20-06, 11:44 PM
Yep. Thats why I got the Antec. After replacing a PSU in one of the older PCs at work today, I really think Modular is worth it. Like I said PC Powr and Cooling and Seasonic were high on my list, but they are just to hard to get in Australia.

crainger
07-21-06, 11:07 PM
This has to be the best case I have owned. I have it set up with my 480 True Blue II for the moment. even though my PC is water cooled, temps have dropped on my CPU to 24C idle and 32C from 30C and 40C under load. During games it rarely gets to 29. GPU sits at 30 idle, haven't got a load temp yet.

I'm still shocked at the size of it. I know its a full tower, but after the SuperLANBoy, its massive.

Bearclaw
07-22-06, 06:00 PM
I checked out the Seasonic, but only one place sells them in AUS and I'd rather deal with my regular guys. Same for the OCZ and PC Power and Cooling, they are just to rare in these parts. Plus after reading all the review, especially the silentpc review. I was sold on the HE. I trust Antec, never had an issue with their power supplies. I know they had issues with ASUS boards until the A3 revision.

I think most people issues with modular PSUs come from using UltraX brand units. From what I hear the old Antec Neo 480 was a pretty good PSU, if a little noisy.

I have the Ultra X2 and it has worked fine for me ever since I got it.

nekrosoft13
07-22-06, 06:17 PM
fine is not really a good word

geo metros drive from point a to point b too, but they don't compare to BMW.

same story witch ultra vs seasonic or other good brand