PDA

View Full Version : Which one has better graphics ?

Mod
02-10-03, 03:49 AM
Which one has better graphics ?

-Doom 3 ?

-Vtales unnamed game?

http://www.vtales.com/game/temp/

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R

http://www.pixelrage.ro/in_house/articles/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.OblivionLo2.php

-Other ?

edit by StealthHawk: changed poll and "game name" to match.

Chalnoth
02-10-03, 04:59 AM
Here's my quick take:

1. DOOM3: I really, really like the idea of global shadowing. I think that this will become a must-have feature in short order once DOOM3 ships.

2. Dragon Empires: Lots of polys, but poor artwork and lighting.

3. Stalker: Graphics look a mild step above Unreal 2. The interface really looks amazing, but I don't know if the graphics themselves are.

So, I voted DOOM3, just because it looks like it's doing something different, not the same old junk improved.

s3ntry
02-10-03, 06:56 AM
I voted Other, because none of those games are out yet and i cant comment on something that i havent seen running. Screenshots are just barely representative of the looks of any game, until you see them running you really dont know which one will look better.

Kruno
02-10-03, 07:41 AM
www.spidweb.com

Those games have the best graphics IMO. :)

Smokey
02-10-03, 07:42 AM
MOD can you fix the poll, Dragon Empires is no the game being made by Vtales, read the other thread :p

Im not voting, mainly because the games have different things.

STALKER, has very very nice textures and open landscapes.
Doom3, lighting, bumpmaping, but havent seen anything but indoor maps.
The game being made by Vtales, which isnt Dragon Empires, looks very very nice, but there really isnt enough info about the game yet, but you can say the SS dook look nice, and do look rendered yet they arent :)

nin_fragile14
02-10-03, 12:39 PM
Doom3.

Mod
02-10-03, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
MOD can you fix the poll, Dragon Empires is no the game being made by Vtales, read the other thread :p

You're asking the wrong person to fix ! :lol: :luv: :bleh: :ass:

StealthHawk
02-10-03, 08:41 PM
tell me what the game being made by Vtales is and i'll fix it....yes i'm very lazy, i don't want to go into the other thread right now :D

Smokey
02-11-03, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
tell me what the game being made by Vtales is and i'll fix it....yes i'm very lazy, i don't want to go into the other thread right now :D

The name of the game they are making hasnt been made public yet :confused: just put, game being made by Vtales ;)

-=DVS=-
02-11-03, 02:22 PM
I like good shadows of Doom3 , but i even more like insanly alot of polys like in Dragon empires :D High demand for polys forces companys to release uber cards ;)

Smokey
02-11-03, 07:14 PM
I didnt vote! One, we dont know enough about Vtales game yet. Secondly, I havent really seen Doom3 first hand, but from what I have seen it rocks :p Thirdly, STALKER looks like a really nice large open world with great textures.

All three games will offer different things. Doom3 is going for a horror/shooter, and will certainly do a great job, but what about outdoor open spaces?

VTales game looks like a RPG, and with those type of graphics, it would certainly be a RPG I would want to play.

STALKER, is about huge open areas, driving cars etc, its a mixed type of game, scavenger hunt, survival, RPG, FPS... and from what Ive seen thus far, this is one game I want, for MP alone.

Im fairly sure Doom3 will be the best SP to come out when it does, then others will follow using the Doom3 engine.

STALKER is going to be great for people who love huge MP maps, like to drive a little, maybe make some friends, do some trading, and do some hunting :)

Im going to be stuck into Ravenshield for most of this year and maybe into the next, but will defently play other good games that come out, I just hope I can run on my pc :p

Chalnoth
02-11-03, 07:59 PM
Well, best-looking SP at least.

id software just isn't known for great stories. I want a good story for a game to be great single-player.

(side note: I thought Serious Sam was better for coop than single-player)