PDA

View Full Version : 7600gt is it dead?

philip41
07-19-06, 04:47 PM
Guys i have only had this card for 1 week, i have a feeling it is knackered, i am getting all sorts of screen corruption in rFactor (a racing car sim) and if i try to run 3dmark03 pro the screen eventually just goes all garbled the monitor then starts flashing on and off (Packard Bell Maestro 190w).

The card is an Asus EN7600GT/2DHTV, mobo is Asus A8N5X, 1 gig Corsair CMX512-3200LL Twinx.
OS Xp pro sp2, forceware 91.31.

As seen in this shot the card is at 65c, at idle it is usually at 45c.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.sexton1/Screen%20corruption/corrupt-3.jpg

This is what happened after i tried using 3dmark03 pro.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.sexton1/Screen%20corruption/corrupt-1.jpg

and when i tried to shut down, ended up just having to power down manually in the end.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.sexton1/Screen%20corruption/corrupt-2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

P.s nice forums by the way, have been lurking for a short while.

rage10
07-19-06, 05:34 PM
welcom to nvnews! and can you give some more detaled specs on you card?
also mess arond with the graphix settings in the game I hade simmeler problums (in a diffrent game) because I had some things turned on that shoud not have been. cheak the nvidia settings as well. also is this problum in other games as well?

good luck.

EDIT: how did you change the turn off computer icon toturn off the brain?

philip41
07-19-06, 05:41 PM
welcom to nvnews! and can you give some more detaled specs on you card?
also mess arond with the graphix settings in the game I hade simmeler problums (in a diffrent game) because I had some things turned on that shoud not have been. cheak the nvidia settings as well. also is this problum in other games as well?

good luck.

EDIT: how did you change the icon to?

Thanks for the reply, i'll have to do more testing tomorrow then, also i have not got a clue about the "turn off the brain" the "brain is just the name i gave it on my home network.

tacos4me
07-19-06, 05:52 PM
It looks like it might be toast. It could just be that game, and 3DMark, for some reason. Try out a few other games. There's also a few other things you should try.

Install an older driver, it could just be 91.31 that's a little funky for you. And I see that you have RivaTuner installed, so after you rule out the driver being a problem, open that up, and drop your card's core/memory frequency by 50MHz or so. If you're not getting any artifacts after you drop the clocks, the card is borked. RMA time.

philip41
07-20-06, 08:46 AM
Guys.

I ran some more tests with different drivers, the results where the same.
Well good news is got a replacement card already, i bought it locally took my pc around this am, they checked it out, then put another card in and everything was perfect, so turns out the card was borked after all, it was defo Sammsung memory chips on it.

Bad news is they did not have the same card(Passive cooling) to replace, good news is they had one with a fan and also Infineon mem chips.

Thanks once again.

stncttr908
07-20-06, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't trust a card with such high clocks to passive cooling anyway, even if the heatpipe is as big as my head.

philip41
07-20-06, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't trust a card with such high clocks to passive cooling anyway, even if the heatpipe is as big as my head.

haha, nor will i anymore. :D