PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin bout upgrade,, need advice


AssistM0nk
07-20-06, 01:49 AM
so im deciding between just gettin an agp card cuuz my mobo only has agp no pci-e :( or get a new mobo wit pci-e n eventually get a pci-e card once i get a lil more money saved up... well what do u think? new mobo n pci-e or just go wit agp?

PTK1982
07-20-06, 01:59 AM
new mobo with pci-e

crainger
07-20-06, 02:10 AM
In the long run you would be much better off waiting and getting a pci-e based system all in one go. Perhaps even saving more and going Conroe or AM2 (bigger upgrade as you'll need DDR2 Ram and possibly a new PowerSupply) All depends on how much you can spend and how long you can wait.