PDA

View Full Version : How about a "reset to defaults" option in future Forceware?

CaptNKILL
07-20-06, 02:52 PM
I'm sure you guys have heard about it already but with 91.37 (and probably some earlier version as well), people are having problems getting back to the nvidia recommended SLI settings after changing them (which is terrible considering thats the only setting that works most of the time). People really shouldnt have to reinstall the drivers just to get the original driver default settings. In fact, a "reset to defaults" button for all the original profiles and the "global" settings would be amazing. Thatd be a huge time saver (if it worked). All they would really need to do is have a "backup" of all the original settings and profiles saved and the "defaults" button would just pull the proper original settings out when needed.

If you'd like to see this option in future forceware versions, vote in the poll and post comments here.

A friend recommended that I post a poll for this to see what people think of the idea. :)

|MaguS|
07-20-06, 03:50 PM
I would personally like it to go a step further and revert to original driver settings all around... even remove and add profiles that were changed.

CaptNKILL
07-20-06, 04:03 PM
I would personally like it to go a step further and revert to original driver settings all around... even remove and add profiles that were changed.
That sounds good too. Maybe have that in one of the drop down menus at the top of the CP.

EDIT: Dont forget to vote! :D

M00n-Un1t
07-20-06, 04:23 PM
Brilliant idea guys, a restore original profile option should be easy enough to impliment.

OWA
07-20-06, 05:09 PM
Heh, I'd be okay with the predefined (read only) mode working like the earlier drivers (8x.xx and earlier) in that it didn't let you change the predefined values without editing the file to remove the tag. IMO, they shouldn't easily allow the values to be overriden like that in the first place.

Edit: But, if they're going to allow that, then yeah, a restore defaults option is needed.

K007
07-20-06, 10:23 PM
Is it possible to copy the file with all the profiles just after installtion and just use that to copy over if you make a mistake?

And yes..there should be..

rewt
07-20-06, 11:50 PM
Yeah that's possible. Backup the file c:\windows\system32\nvapps.xml , or extract the driver package to a folder with WinRAR then expand the nvapps.xm_ file.

I vote yes also.

j0j081
07-21-06, 09:07 AM
good idea. i'm always afraid to change things in case I mess it up and can't set it how it was.

SH64
07-21-06, 05:45 PM
Yep i see nothing wrong with that!

jAkUp
07-21-06, 05:52 PM
I agree. We need a reset to defaults.

K007
07-21-06, 09:41 PM
haha lol who said no..come on :P

CaptNKILL
07-23-06, 01:22 AM
I was kind of wondering that myself :p

SH64
07-23-06, 03:51 AM
UDawg .. whos else ?? :D

nekrosoft13
07-23-06, 12:34 PM
thats a good idea, but it would be better if you could reset only specific profiles, lets say you make 10 changes, profile A that you made changes now causes problems, reset only that one profile.

Imbroglio
07-23-06, 04:38 PM
this definately needs to be a priority... the people that voted no more than likely aren't using sli. i'm having this issue all over again. last time i upgraded my drivers, i had to reset back to 8x.xx to fix them, now that i just got a viewsonic vx2025wm, i'm having the issues all over again and i'm prolly going to have to revert back to the 8x.xx drivers all over again. i made a post about that in this section titled "widescreen woes....". it is just frustrating as hell to have to go this much trouble just to play games correctly.

sigh.:(

...and judging by the number of yes', it looks like i'm not the only one tired of this either

CaptNKILL
07-30-06, 01:52 PM
Bump :)