PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had to RMA an Arctic Cooling NV5 cooler?

psuvette
07-20-06, 03:08 PM
One of the small studs broke on mine! As I was tighting the nut (carefully, I might add), the top of the stud sheared off and is stuck in the nut.

I contacted Arctic Cooling, and they say to contact my dealer. I contacted the dealer and they blew me off.

This is great..the product has a 6 year warranty, but it's worthless!

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do?

crainger
07-20-06, 07:57 PM
Your gonna need to take it back to your dealer, they will then return it to the suppliers, who should exchange it. If the dealer wont play ball contact some sort of Fair Trading organisation, or even Artic Cooling themselves and explain the situation. They might be able to organise something directly if they feel sorry for you.

Reminds me of when i had to return my XFX 6800GT. I had to return it to the dealer, who had his suppliers exchange it. Though if I lived in the US/Europe I could have just sent it straight to XFX.

psuvette
07-21-06, 12:40 AM
ugh...that's what the arctic cooling website said. what a horrible procedure. the dealer's have absolutely no reason to go through the trouble of taking care of the customer.

i guess i'll keep bugging them. maybe another dealer will help? who other than xoxide sells arctic cooler nv5's?

Starscream
07-21-06, 01:25 AM
ugh...that's what the arctic cooling website said. what a horrible procedure. the dealer's have absolutely no reason to go through the trouble of taking care of the customer.

i guess i'll keep bugging them. maybe another dealer will help? who other than xoxide sells arctic cooler nv5's?

I'm a computer retailer and I'll tell you this is perfectly NORMAL for the majority of hardware manufacturers. Most have warranty procedures that are exactly like this.

Another dealer definitely will not / can not help. If they didn't buy it from their supplier the supplier has NO REASON to take it back from them, so if they took it from you they'd just have a piece of junk sitting in their store.