PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX already sold out!

panzaman
02-10-03, 10:58 AM
..now they come out and say "the Ultra was a limited run by NVIDIA and they have sold out already." yeah all right!!!!!!!

tamattack
02-10-03, 11:59 AM
How can an unreleased product be sold out?!? :confused:

Shinri Hikari
02-10-03, 12:06 PM
It is called Pre-order:eek: too bad I didn't get one, I thought it would be like the others and come out like usual but oh well. GeForce4 4200 ti, here I come...:D

panzaman
02-10-03, 01:38 PM
..yeah but my point is: when did they say that??..I can't remember Jn HSun talking about limited edition when he proudly introduced the dustbuster at Comdex. He just said "We are setting a new standard for the industry!!!"..Jen maybe you are in the wrong industry, what next a washing machine?

Gator
02-10-03, 01:43 PM
it is a pretty sad excuse I must admit. They'd have been better off not saying anything at all, don't give an excuse, afterall we all know the real reason. If anything, maybe they should have said the 400 (or 324) mhz version will cool better or some jazz, but you can all expect 500mhz+ for the NV35. I dunno, the limited edition gag is kinda dumb :lol2:

Shinri Hikari
02-10-03, 01:46 PM
The "Dustbuster" jab is a dead horse, and now to the point. The announcement is breaking news, another words new information, based on the backlash. IF there had been a moderate to good reception then no cancelation, but due to the bad press a limitation on production was instated.
Fair enough?:)

panzaman
02-10-03, 04:12 PM
..yep I'll be waiting for the R350 to come out so I can grab a 9700pro at good price.

Mike89
02-11-03, 12:45 AM
Yep, this is not good news. The original FX apparently would barely beat the 9700 Pro is SOME stuff and still get beat in others (when bandwidth comes into play). I would assume from this that the non ultra version will lose all the way around to the 9700 Pro and still have heat issues and still take up a PCI slot.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

I wonder just how many customers Nvidia will lose in the next six months.

I, myself an exclusive Nvidia vid card user, am probably 95% sure that my next card will be ATI. I have been thinking about this for some time now. ATI's drivers have always kept me away from their products, and though I admit I'm still a bit leary of them, I think the time has come for me to give ATI a try. I'm one of those guys that HATES to have video card problems playing games. The only way for me to see for myself is to get one and see if I end up agreeing with the ones who are claiming Nvidia has nothing on ATI's drivers any more, or end up telling them they are nuts.

Now the question is, will I get the 9700 Pro or get the next ATI card. I'll wait about another month or so to see when ATI will be putting out their next card. If it's much longer than that, I will get the 9700 Pro (probably the Tyan).

If ATI ends up winning me over, Nvidia will have to fight pretty hard to get me back. After all, loyality for me is to who ever produces the best product, period.

Nuff said.

AngelGraves13
02-11-03, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by panzaman
..yep I'll be waiting for the R350 to come out so I can grab a 9700pro at good price.

have you seen tha vacum that comes with th R350?? Forget the dustbuster....this thing looks like a steam cleaner man!!!

Steppy
02-11-03, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
have you seen tha vacum that comes with th R350?? Forget the dustbuster....this thing looks like a steam cleaner man!!! I DO hope you realize that picture is a fake.

scott123
02-11-03, 06:38 AM
Canceled my pre-order 2 weeks ago and got a 2800+ instead. Much better choice.

Scott

Smokey
02-11-03, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by scott123
Canceled my pre-order 2 weeks ago and got a 2800+ instead. Much better choice.

Scott

Good choice, Im getting one of those now instead of a GF-FX mainly becaose my XP1800+ died. But looking at benchmarks, the 2800+ will be sure to give your GF4 and even my GF3, a good boost :nana: