PDA

View Full Version : Damn mouse!!

vampireuk
02-10-03, 01:17 PM
Ack I'm having some very annoying issues with my intellimouse(saving the mx700 for the other rig;)). The response is really stupid, sometimes it takes about 14 clicks to select something. Also when I highlight text it screws up too:mad:

I installed the original intellipoint software that came on the cd....nothing fixed. I then tried the newest version and still nothing:mad:

Any ideas?

|JuiceZ|
02-10-03, 01:21 PM
Three ques for ya: what type of surface are you mousing on? when was the last time you cleaned it? is this the intellimouse 3.0 or older vers?

vampireuk
02-10-03, 01:33 PM
I hate you now Juicez....you wouldn't believe how many clicks that took :D

I'm using it on a wooden table
The last time it was cleaned was ummm well it was clean when it was bought about 2 years ago:D:eek:
And I really don't know what version it is =\ the little bugger came with the 3.2 software if that helps at all.

Excuse me while i go scream for a bit

Darth Rancid
02-10-03, 04:14 PM
You should use an optical Logitech mouse, or a logitech Trackball. All else is inferior.

:)

Make sure your mouse isn't cordless too... those radio mice are nothing but trouble... *I hate them!* (like Anakin in the confession scene) :)

|JuiceZ|
02-10-03, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
I hate you now Juicez....you wouldn't believe how many clicks that took :D

I'm using it on a wooden table
The last time it was cleaned was ummm well it was clean when it was bought about 2 years ago:D:eek:
And I really don't know what version it is =\ the little bugger came with the 3.2 software if that helps at all.

Excuse me while i go scream for a bit

:p

The reason I asked is cause I've been through both vers2 and 3 of the mouse and have only had probs on wooden surfaces. My mx700 doesn't like them either. o and I clean mine at least a twice a month :D

vampireuk
02-10-03, 04:47 PM
Well its not the surface or the actually optical bit, its the damn buttons,. I try to drag something to another place and it moves about this far >-< and then stops or opens the damn file:mad: :banghead: :argh:

morkus64
02-10-03, 05:51 PM
just call up microsoft... they're very good about these things...

Shinri Hikari
02-10-03, 05:57 PM
I find that my mouse problems are mostly drivers/cleaning issues and i have had MS mice for a number of years. Consider cleaning it very seriously!:cool:

gravioli
02-10-03, 09:55 PM
When you look under the mouse, it will have the "3.0" in the name. I had two of the earlier revisions, and they both flaked out on me. I called MS the second time, and they shipped me a new one via Overnight shipping, no questions asked.

Smokey
02-11-03, 08:00 AM
I take it that its the non Explorer, if so the version number is proably something like 1A. I bought one for my wife about 2 years ago, still running without problems. But as with anything, you can get the odd one that has problems. If it is infact a Intellimose Explorer v.1(doesnt accually have a version number) then its more than likely that the cable has become kinked. This can be fixed by opening the mouse and were the cable is kinked, move it back a bit and bend it the other way. Hope that all makes sense, this is how I fixed mine.