PDA

View Full Version : Just Got a DS Lite

Pages : [1] 2

six_storm
07-22-06, 10:00 PM
Wow . . . that's all I have to say. These things rock. I thought the idea of touch screen and dual screens would make the games suck but they are a blast! I was looking into getting a portable gaming system for a little while but the PSP was too much $$$ and they had no good games. I only had the chance to buy the Brain Age game but it is pretty fun. Looks like my brain is at the 80 age range lol. Anyone else got a DS Lite? What are some great games for it?

Tork64
07-22-06, 10:08 PM
You made the right choice, looking forward to buying one soon.

|MaguS|
07-22-06, 10:09 PM
Get both! Tekken and VP for the PSP rock as does Mario for the DS.

tacos4me
07-22-06, 10:19 PM
I'd definitely pick up New Super Mario Bros if I were you. Played it on a friend's DS the other day, and it's effing awesome.

Zelda_fan
07-22-06, 10:21 PM
New Super Mario is a must buy. So is castlevania. Get Advance Wars DS too. I found Mario & Luigi Partners in Time to be a lot of fun, but it is sort of a "kiddie" game. Meteos is a lot of fun too.

six_storm
07-22-06, 10:45 PM
I do regret not buying 2 games instead of one. You can only do so much on Brain Age daily so . . . I think I'll go pick up Mario or Meteos tomorrow. BTW, has anyone played that Trauma Center game yet? I'm wondering if it's any good.

nVidi0t
07-22-06, 10:53 PM
PSP has no good games!? There are loads.

Oh and get Animal crossing for DS, my girlfriend has it and it owns!

Bad_Boy
07-22-06, 10:56 PM
and they had no good games.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/images/300/headache_man2.jpg

I kinda find it funny your asking what are some great games for the DS after that comment above, the fact your asking AFTER you bought the DS is probably even more funny.

Not trying to troll on your thread, just calling it as I see it.

six_storm
07-22-06, 11:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/images/300/headache_man2.jpg

I kinda find it funny your asking what are some great games for the DS after that comment above, the fact your asking AFTER you bought the DS is probably even more funny.

Not trying to troll on your thread, just calling it as I see it.

That's cool. I have a list of a few games I'd like to get but just wondering what games I might have looked over. Unfortunatly, I have a few friends with PSPs and their games suck bad. Load times are ridiculous, battery life is short, UMD format is a dead format (will be soon at least). It would be cool to do all the homebrew and stuff, but not worth the $200.

I have played the DS before and didn't really like the dual screen thing, but the Lite is way better than the original design, there are a lot of great puzzle games that I'm def gonna buy, battery life is great thus far, and I don't have to put out as much cash like I would've for the PSP. Sorry charlie.

Zelda_fan
07-22-06, 11:56 PM
Don't worry about BadBoy, he's just a sore loser.

Bad_Boy
07-23-06, 10:40 AM
Unfortunatly, I have a few friends with PSPs and their games suck bad. Load times are ridiculous, battery life is short, UMD format is a dead format (will be soon at least). It would be cool to do all the homebrew and stuff, but not worth the $200.
no comment lol, would argue but I figure its a waste of time. Ive probably went through your points a dozen times on this forum.

I have played the DS before and didn't really like the dual screen thing, but the Lite is way better than the original design, there are a lot of great puzzle games that I'm def gonna buy, battery life is great thus far, and I don't have to put out as much cash like I would've for the PSP. Sorry charlie.
I can respect that, just your orginal statements were kinda ....odd. ;)

Don't worry about BadBoy, he's just a sore loser.
Hardly, im having fun with my handheld. :D

|MaguS|
07-23-06, 11:05 AM
Hardly, im having fun with my handheld. :D

You getting Tekken? I can't wait till it comes out, I got to play it at a Gamestop in a demo station.

VP rocks aswell!

Bad_Boy
07-23-06, 11:12 AM
You getting Tekken? I can't wait till it comes out, I got to play it at a Gamestop in a demo station.

VP rocks aswell!
Definately, Im a huge tekken fan...I couldnt survive without it. The game got some pretty high scores too. (9.2 at ign and gamespot.)

Im waiting for ghost and goblins also. I have the japanese demo, although really hard on "arcade and orginal" modes, its VERY fun.

nVidi0t
07-23-06, 11:13 AM
PSP: Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, World Soccer Winning Eleven 9, 2006 FIFA World Cup, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Metal Gear Acid 2, GTA: LBS, SOCOM, Tiger Woods PGA. Coming soon, Tekken and Def Jam.

I own most of these games and the load times are acceptable, and the gameplay fantastic for a handheld. If none of those are good games, a good game does not exist on the DS either.

nVidi0t
07-23-06, 11:14 AM
Im waiting for ghost and goblins also. I have the japanese demo, although really hard on "arcade and orginal" modes, its VERY fun.

Oh man, I cant wait to get my hands on ghosts and goblins!

Bad_Boy
07-23-06, 11:42 AM
Oh man, I cant wait to get my hands on ghosts and goblins!
You should try out that japanese demo while you wait then! It includes a demo of powerstone, ghost and goblins, and capcom 1943 classic. Powerstone is actually kinda fun too, though not the feeling of the orginal dreamcast version, it is pretty good demo.

I think it requires 2.71 firmware, but I used devhook .45 to get past that. :)

|MaguS|
07-23-06, 11:51 AM
Where can I get the demo? My PSP is up to date. :)

Acid Rain
07-23-06, 12:06 PM
Hardly, im having fun with my handheld. :D:condom: :D

dwhjr77
07-23-06, 12:40 PM
Good choice, especially over the PSP. The games are few and far in between. PSP has been out for a long while now so development time is not an excuse.

DS Games to get:

New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (hard to find)
Brain Age
Metriod Prime Hunters (I still wish they'd make a 2d Metroid game)
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (if you can find it)

If I were to get a PSP, they have a few good games:

GTA:SA
Syphon Filter
X-Men Legends

Bad_Boy
07-23-06, 04:11 PM
Where can I get the demo? My PSP is up to date. :)
I actually downloaded a iso ripped from the demo for 1.5 users, but for up to date users Im not really sure its downloadable. You could try this website. http://www.capcom.co.jp/gokumakaimura/index2.html

I first heard about it on this forum.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111123

edit:
I think the real demo comes with the issue of famitsu, a japanese magazine.

|MaguS|
07-23-06, 04:13 PM
I actually downloaded a iso ripped from the demo for 1.5 users, but for up to date users Im not really sure its downloadable. You could try this website. http://www.capcom.co.jp/gokumakaimura/index2.html

I first heard about it on this forum.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111123

edit:
I think the real demo comes with the issue of famitsu, a japanese magazine.

Maybe I'll import it.

Gaco
07-23-06, 04:36 PM
I seriously considered to buy a DS Lite at some point (although I dropped it a few days later) for a single game, some brain building multi-puzzles game, don't remember what it's called.. You should definently look into that and see if it's your taste ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah I think the name of the game was Brain Age, dwhjr77 (****ed up nick btw :p) mentioned it in his post :)

six_storm
07-23-06, 04:42 PM
The only thing I like the PSP over the DS Lite is Widescreen and ability to homebrew. That's about it. Some of the games are ok, but I'm looking at the price as well. By the time you pay $200 for the PSP and $40-$50 per game, you are spending a lot of money; not money well worth spent IMO. Don't get me wrong, Sony has proven to be a good brand of products, but they are way overpriced IMO.

Anyways, besides the side chatter and a little Sony fanboism going on . . . :D I bought two new games today. Meteos and Trauma Center. I've played about 20 mins on both games thus far and they are a blast! Trauma Center and Meteos both are somewhat hard to find titles around here but I luckily found them. My next game purchase is going to be New Super Mario Bros. for sure. Thanks for recommendations guys.

Bad_Boy
07-23-06, 04:54 PM
To be fair, the greatest hits psp games starts this tuesday. 20 dollar psp games.

Ebgames/Best Buy are also selling some titles for 20 dollars...
EB/GS
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $19.99
Mega Man Maverick Hunter - $19.99
Mega Man Powered Up - $19.99
Star Wars Battlefront II - $19.99
NBA Ballers Rebound $19.99
Capcom Classic Remix - $29.99
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble - $19.99
Midnight Club $19.99
Need for Speed Underground Rivals - $19.99
NBA Street Showdown - $19.99
SSX On Tour - $19.99
Exit - $19.99
Prince of Persia Revelations - $19.99
Tony Hawk Underground Remix - $19.99
Twisted Metal Head on - $19.99

Bestbuy
Star Wars Battlefront II $19.99
Midnight Club 3 $19.99
NBA Ballers Rebound $19.99
NBA Street Showdown $19.99
Spiderman 2 $19.99
NBA $9.99

these are not even greatest hits.

dwhjr77
07-23-06, 07:02 PM
There's rumor going around that Nintendo may start selling DSor GBA shaped SD memory cards. Once they get their Retro gaming service up and running for the Wii, I think you can download these games on to the memory card and play them on your Wii AND DS. If this is true, Nintendo for da mf win.