PDA

View Full Version : My Pc Actually Runs Alot Better

The Bigman
07-23-06, 03:58 AM
Ive been dealing with headaches for so long and not the same issues eithe but related to the same coprate, the xfi soundcard. Wow that thing sucked bad i mean i got a BSOD constantly with it before i pulled it out.

I was getting a 0x0000007e bdos error until i pulled the soundcard and walla things work like a charm.

I called Creative and told me my firmware was old that i wasn't compatible with nforce 4 boards.

I kinda new that but hoping i was lucky until the BSOD.

They wan't me to send it in for a update and maybe a new card too.

I couldn't believe the issues people have with the platium and music version of this card. I should just use the onboard one because its good.

sirplayalot
07-23-06, 05:12 PM
Onboard sound ftw. :)

GamerGuyX
07-23-06, 06:27 PM
Onboard sound ftw. :)

More like FTW if you like crappy sound.

nV`andrew
07-23-06, 06:36 PM
More like FTW if you like crappy sound.

^ word. hahaha my x-fi is like a dream come true coming from Realtec onboard POS

CaptNKILL
07-23-06, 07:25 PM
Any recent onboard sound isnt bad at all.

The X-Fi is great with the crystalizer and EAX effects, but any onboard sound I've used on an nForce 2 or 3 board has been great.

Any other ones are usually pretty terrible though.

Pennyboy
07-25-06, 07:34 PM
I'm selling my Xtreme music and getting a Fatality, I just don't trust the thing.

mullet
07-25-06, 11:46 PM
Hmm, I hooked my optical port from my mobo to my Logitech 5500's and it sounds damn good to me.

Smokey
07-26-06, 12:18 AM
Hmm, I hooked my optical port from my mobo to my Logitech 5500's and it sounds damn good to me.

Thats because your onboard sound is doing the decoding, your speakers are ;)

Mr_LoL
07-26-06, 01:41 AM
Thing with onboard sound is I cant hear sound on google movies and youtube. I probably had it configured incorrectly but onboard sound isnt that bad. dedicated soundcards are just better.

firehawk
07-26-06, 01:57 AM
iam sticking with my audigy until i have to. ive had no issuse with it in newer games yet

K007
07-26-06, 04:18 AM
considering the price difference between onboard and the xfi..ill take the onboard anyday..i even run them 5.1 on my alc850..had nforce 3 before as well and it ran onboard fine..i use mostly headphones but i do switch to 5.1 when i wanna just get loud ><..but yea..onboard is great..i assume a xfi like card would be better..but i rather put that money down on a upgrade path to the rest of my rig where its needed..or just save it...i never had a problem with onboard sound...i am not even sure how sound can sound any better either...i mean..it sounds great already :/

Tr1cK
07-26-06, 06:32 AM
Screw X-Fi. Audigy 2 ZS FTW.

nekrosoft13
07-26-06, 06:38 AM
Any recent onboard sound isnt bad at all.

The X-Fi is great with the crystalizer and EAX effects, but any onboard sound I've used on an nForce 2 or 3 board has been great.

Any other ones are usually pretty terrible though.

there all the same, probably 90% of them are some form of Realtek POS.

xbob
07-26-06, 07:25 AM
^ word. hahaha my x-fi is like a dream come true coming from Realtec onboard POS

I'm going to have to agree on this point. I thought I could get by with Intel HD Audio, but I put my X-Fi in this week and every game I play has a ton more sound. I was half way through Tomb Raider Legend for the second time and the sound is so much more rich and detailed I think I may start again. Even Guild Wars has vastly improved with more variety and richer ambient sound. And the headphone mode(nana2)

GamerGuyX
07-26-06, 01:46 PM
considering the price difference between onboard and the xfi..ill take the onboard anyday..i even run them 5.1 on my alc850..had nforce 3 before as well and it ran onboard fine..i use mostly headphones but i do switch to 5.1 when i wanna just get loud ><..but yea..onboard is great..i assume a xfi like card would be better..but i rather put that money down on a upgrade path to the rest of my rig where its needed..or just save it...i never had a problem with onboard sound...i am not even sure how sound can sound any better either...i mean..it sounds great already :/

You got some serious problems if you think "sound is sound".

Riptide
07-26-06, 01:52 PM
Dudes I know this isn't my thread but going by the title it makes sense to post this here.

But my computer is finally stable again. And I think I have determined that it really was that A8N-SLI vanilla board that was causing my problems with intermittent BSOD/lockups. After replacing it with this A8N32 my computer has run nearly flawlessly. It's been up 3 weeks now without a reboot. I've put tons of time into CSS and I'm more than halfway through FEAR - no lockups. Basically it's running like it should've been from the start. Also, I gave that A8N-SLI to a friend and he is now experiencing intermittent BSOD with it. Sounds like I got another crappy part there. Joy. Anyhow it seems fixed now.

CSS did, however, lock up hard on me once after I first put the system together with the new board and did a reinstall. It has not locked up since then even after spending hours and hours on the game. So I'm not sure what happened there but at this point I'm pretty sure it's a non-issue.

Hallelujah. :D