PDA

View Full Version : 3DMark crashing

blenky
07-23-06, 04:38 AM
I'm trying to run 3DMark 2006. However each time I use it crashes during the 'DEpp Freze' scene. It goes dark, then black and reboots the PC.

I'm using Forceware 91.33 drivers. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

rewt
07-23-06, 06:53 AM
Try giving your CPU and/or RAM a little more/less voltage. Perhaps it isn't set correctly in the BIOS. Also make sure timings are correct for your memory modules.

You could also disable autoreboot to get a BSOD which may help you further diagnose the problem.

Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > Uncheck "Automatically Restart" > Click OK

K007
07-23-06, 07:33 AM
7900GTX..gee i wonder..

Van_Dammesque
07-25-06, 06:50 AM
Yep, time to RMA the 7900 GTX!

JaxMacFL
07-25-06, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to run 3DMark 2006. However each time I use it crashes during the 'DEpp Freze' scene. It goes dark, then black and reboots the PC.

I'm using Forceware 91.33 drivers. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

AMD added this in June of this year:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core or multiple processor systems.

You can download it here (first one listed):

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Don't know if that will help, but might be worth a shot. It corrected a problem I was having with gta:sa.

Good Luck

squall_leonhart
07-25-06, 06:49 PM
AMD added this in June of this year:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core or multiple processor systems.

You can download it here (first one listed):

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Don't know if that will help, but might be worth a shot. It corrected a problem I was having with gta:sa.

Good Luck

it won't, since 3dmark03 uses the windows API for timing. and not RDTSC