PDA

View Full Version : Crysis systemreqs published - holy crap!

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
07-23-06, 05:47 AM
From the official forum:

Minimum:

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended:

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

Can't say it wasn't exptected but still!
Based on this I firmly believe we're all in for an upgrade by the time Crysis arrives :D

If every characters face looks like (http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/crysis_new_screenshots/crysis10_large.jpg) in final it's now wonder though..

SlamDunk
07-23-06, 06:28 AM
*sigh*

There is no official Crysis forum yet... This is the only official Crysis site there currently is: http://www.crysisgame.com

Those "specs" are just speculation by a Crysis fan, nothing more.

The only officially confirmed minimum spec so far is: Shader Model 2.0 (DirectX 9) video card.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of typing this over and over again in numerous forums, boards etc. :)

rudedog
07-23-06, 06:36 AM
*sigh*

There is no official Crysis forum yet... This is the only official Crysis site there currently is: http://www.crysisgame.com

The only officially confirmed minimum spec so far is: Shader Model 2.0 (DirectX 9) video card.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of typing this over and over again in numerous forums, boards etc. :)

The problem is they don't really come out and tell you they are not the official forums.

Had me fooled until I contacted my guy at EA to confirm something that was posted a while ago.

Gaco
07-23-06, 06:49 AM
*sigh*

Really? My bad then. Just saw this on a normally credible games news website - oh well the reqs might even be higher then :(

nutcrackr
07-23-06, 06:55 AM
I think the minimum is a bit high.

SlamDunk
07-23-06, 06:56 AM
The problem is they don't really come out and tell you they are not the official forums.
Yeah :thumbdwn: (though the guy responsible for the site told on the front page some time ago that it's not an official site at all)

But why can't the fan-site owner just erase everything else from the requirements list but the official one? Maybe he wants to generate traffic and catch more users in this way... dunno.

rudedog
07-23-06, 07:56 AM
While at E3 I asked the guy demoing the game in EA's booth what he was running on.

After asking someone else, he told me:
FX60 with dual 1900xtx cards in crossfire, sorry but I did not think of asking how much ram was in the box.

Now take that with a grain of salt as this was running on a DX9 setup. I would assume it would run on a single DX10 card much better.

I will say it looked and played very well on the setup mentioned above.

xbob
07-23-06, 08:37 AM
They may not be official, but they look realistic; recall how Far Cry was a system killer, Crysis will be worse in that respect.

nVidi0t
07-23-06, 11:19 AM
We go through this EVERY time a great looking hyped game comes around. It will run on what is considered a 'good' system today I'm sure. With conroe in the next few days and the g80 coming soon I wouldnt sweat it.

Burnt_Ram
07-23-06, 01:01 PM
sounds like the game will take advantage of SLI/Crossfire ? sure hope my two 7800's will run it at atleast 1280x1024, somewhat maxed out ...

|MaguS|
07-23-06, 01:10 PM
sounds like the game will take advantage of SLI/Crossfire ? sure hope my two 7800's will run it at atleast 1280x1024, somewhat maxed out ...

Well considering that the game has probably DX10 unique features I dout you will be able to max it out with a 7800GTX SLi setup.

I hope to have a Conroe G80 SLi setup by then.

Rooster_11
07-23-06, 01:12 PM
The minimum requirement is an Athlon 64 Proc? Wtf...it only requires a 2.8 P4. What gives? I betcha my Athlon xp 2.2Ghz can run it. Maybe a little toned down, but still run it.

jAkUp
07-23-06, 01:33 PM
While at E3 I asked the guy demoing the game in EA's booth what he was running on.

After asking someone else, he told me:
FX60 with dual 1900xtx cards in crossfire, sorry but I did not think of asking how much ram was in the box.

Now take that with a grain of salt as this was running on a DX9 setup. I would assume it would run on a single DX10 card much better.

I will say it looked and played very well on the setup mentioned above.

I didn't think it played well at all. It looked like 20-25FPS.

Aphot
07-23-06, 01:37 PM
Ah, another doom 3 type game for me. When doom 3 came out my system specs were lower than the minimum and it still played fine. (1.4ghz Intel, 256mb ram, nV 400mx) on 640x480 lowest settings :P.

Gaco
07-23-06, 02:50 PM
on 640x480 lowest settings + it still played fine :P. = We seem to define "played fine" different then :p

SH64
07-23-06, 09:09 PM
Nothing out of ordinary :)

Mesce
07-24-06, 01:12 AM
Ah, another doom 3 type game for me. When doom 3 came out my system specs were lower than the minimum and it still played fine. (1.4ghz Intel, 256mb ram, nV 400mx) on 640x480 lowest settings :P.

Thats because id did a very good job of optimising the game engine for older hardware. Far Cry came out earlier than doom3 and Im guessing you struggled playing that with the setup you listed there :)

K007
07-24-06, 04:56 AM
I didn't think it played well at all. It looked like 20-25FPS.

Yea..it was not smooth at all..indoors was ok a bit i think..like in the carreer

MaXThReAT
07-24-06, 01:35 PM
Oooo yeah, This is the reason I build this “RiG”, Looks like I'm above the recommended Spec's. With such a high Proc recommended I wonder if it will be as CPU dependant as FC was. Seeing the footage of the emulated Dx10 running smooth on current Dx9 cards, I wouldn't think any high end system will have a had time running the Dx9 mode.

I wonder if they will hold back some effects from the Dx9 version. If it's not possible it's not possible but if effects can be emulated and we have the systems why not build it in but make it customizable for each system.

J-Mag
07-24-06, 02:08 PM
Oooo yeah, This is the reason I build this “RiG”, Looks like I'm above the recommended Spec's. With such a high Proc recommended I wonder if it will be as CPU dependant as FC was. Seeing the footage of the emulated Dx10 running smooth on current Dx9 cards, I wouldn't think any high end system will have a had time running the Dx9 mode.

This game will definitely be more CPU dependent than most FPS out there as I suspect their AI and physics code will add substanital load. However, required cpu load for most FPS is rather low anyway.

However, as usual with new generation games, Crysis will be FAR more GPU dependant that CPU dependant.

Aphot
07-24-06, 09:29 PM
Thats because id did a very good job of optimising the game engine for older hardware. Far Cry came out earlier than doom3 and Im guessing you struggled playing that with the setup you listed there :)

Hehe, yes, but it was possible :p

= We seem to define "played fine" different then

20-30fps is played fine, for that system anyways. Thats fairly close to what I get in oblivion. :o

BioHazZarD
07-25-06, 12:40 AM
I think the real systemreqs will be slightly higher when the game will be released but most people by that time will have better computers.

Becoming
07-25-06, 02:27 AM
but most people by that time will have better computers.

Check the steam hardware survey and get back to me on that. I was surprised and a little appalled at the old relics and/or budget hardware so many people were apparantly "gaming" on. I very much realize what budget gaming is about having a family to worry about myself, but damn...

K007
07-25-06, 04:15 AM
Would like to see Crysis take advantage of dual core and 64 bit too..i am pretty sure 99% sure atleast that i will be getting the 64bit Vista...and hope the comming year will give more 64bit support.

MaXThReAT
07-25-06, 08:36 AM
Would like to see Crysis take advantage of dual core and 64 bit too..i am pretty sure 99% sure atleast that i will be getting the 64bit Vista...and hope the comming year will give more 64bit support.

The way they specify the recommended specs (CPU: Dual-core CPU, Athlon X2/Pentium D), I think at a min it's going to be heavily dual core optimized. They don't even make a speed reference, just Dual-core. O man this is going to be worse than waiting for the first one.