PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious countdown on a F.E.A.R. site

Pages : [1] 2

agentkay
07-23-06, 07:13 AM
http://www.joinfear.com/us/

Does anyone have more info about this one? Is this the FEAR expansion?

grey_1
07-23-06, 07:27 AM
http://www.joinfear.com/us/

Does anyone have more info about this one? Is this the FEAR expansion?

http://pc.ign.com/objects/826/826644.html

:thumbsup:

K007
07-23-06, 07:30 AM
The end scared the crap out of me...2am no lights..headphones...hope they wont do that in the expantion lol

agentkay
07-23-06, 07:35 AM
Thanks grey_1, definitly looking forward to it. Good news that its coming relatively soon. :)

xbob
07-23-06, 08:45 AM
When I first played the demo I hated F.E.A.R, but I tried it again a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it. I spend most of my game time with headphones on and after a little F.E.A.R. bought an X-Fi just to enhance that experience. Gonna' go back to it just as soon as I finsih TRL for the second time. Now an expansion comes right about the time I'll probably finish it, woohoo:D

nutcrackr
07-23-06, 08:51 AM
Looks like it's coming out a little sooner than expected.

Lfctony
07-23-06, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I hope so... But "Combat" is coming, I'm not that confident it's Extraction Point.

Gaco
07-23-06, 09:39 AM
Hmm, that trailer for the expansion on IGN doesn't excite me at all :(

grey_1
07-23-06, 09:47 AM
Thanks grey_1, definitly looking forward to it. Good news that its coming relatively soon. :)
yw - I just hope it's as good as the first. Can't wait to see how they resolve the end of the first one :D

grey_1
07-23-06, 09:48 AM
Hmm, that trailer for the expansion on IGN doesn't excite me at all :(

Cuz your not a war-mongering westerner :D :D :D

Gaco
07-23-06, 10:12 AM
Cuz your not a war-mongering westerner :D :D :D

Wrong. It looks way too much like the original fear in terms of environments, atmosphere, graphics design, enemies, gameplay and feel. That AND I'm not a war-mongering westerner :tongue2:

grey_1
07-23-06, 11:22 AM
Wrong. It looks way too much like the original fear in terms of environments, atmosphere, graphics design, enemies, gameplay and feel. That AND I'm not a war-mongering westerner :tongue2:

So far as atmosphere, gfx, gameplay and feel, I'm good with all of that. I thought it worked fantastic in the first one. I wouldn't be suprised to see some different environments in the second, I mean, it was very clear in FEAR that there was another 'realm' if you will. I say lets go there! And if they use it I'm sure we'll see different enemies. Hoping anyway :thumbsup:

jAkUp
07-23-06, 12:09 PM
Excellent! That is sooner than I thought!

And its an expansion, it is supposed to look the same, just add a few weapons and environments. The chaingun looks absolutely badass :D

shungokusatsu
07-23-06, 02:28 PM
:D Looks good, but the biggest problem I had with FEAR was the limited number of enemies, there were only about 7 enemy characters total. Oh well, FEAR likes Quad so I'm certainly getting the expansion.

jAkUp
07-23-06, 02:42 PM
Because of the lighting that was used, each character had to be rendered multiple times, this is why they went somewhat conservative on the character count.

As hardware gets better, and the average system gets better, I think they may up the character count in the expansion.

Gaco
07-23-06, 02:43 PM
My point is, it could just as well had been something out of the original FEAR - no memory is not that good. Every explansion must have something really new, something that really makes it stand out from the original. Quake 3: Team Arena was nice, Half-Life: Opposing Force was superb, Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith was great, and HL2: Episode 1 was great because it showed us something new in the environments (inside of the citedal), featured lots of variation (just as the dark areas were getting a bit tiresome, the style changed) and great character realization og interaction. None of those 3 exp. packs I mentioned felt disappointing in any way to me. FEAR can't really afford to just show us more dark offices and underground corridors IMO because of the dark and exceptionally monotone style of the game. There is only very few unique scenes I can recall just by thinking of FEAR. Half-Life 2 on the other hand (and Prey for that matter) had many more memorable scenes in the environment scenary and more variation in the environment alltogether. FEAR was a great game, it's not that, but it won't be great just getting more levels of FEAR + a minigun so long after release - too much has happened since and most people are starting to appreciate less dark and claustrophobic imho. It's a short trailer so I hope I'm wrong, it just looks like a 70%-game. It's just my opinion :)

jAkUp
07-23-06, 02:46 PM
Well, I did play the expansion at E3, and yes the demo level they had was extremely similar to F.E.A.R. Although, it had some new enemies and the new chaingun was really badass :)

Gaco
07-23-06, 02:53 PM
Takes more than a chaingun to impress me :D
I will not rule out the purchase, but I will definentily wait for reviews first. Anyways not a lot of great games have been released lately and not many are scheduled for release in the next couple of months, so I may just be desperate enough to buy it in any case :o

anticitizenzero
07-23-06, 03:29 PM
Can anyone confirm who developed this one, I heard Monotlith had nothing to do with this expansion.

|MaguS|
07-23-06, 03:50 PM
Can anyone confirm who developed this one, I heard Monotlith had nothing to do with this expansion.

Theres no need to confirm, its 100% known fact that Monolith has nothing to do with it. The F.E.A.R. license is owned by Vivendi Universal (but not the actual content or property, just the name) while Monolith was purchased by Time Warner (Warner Bros).

Monolith is working on a new game now...

xbob
07-23-06, 05:40 PM
Theres no need to confirm, its 100% known fact that Monolith has nothing to do with it.

Oooh, that might not be so great, definitely waiting for reviews...

anticitizenzero
07-23-06, 06:17 PM
Anyone know what monolith is working on now then, I prey to god they make another NOLF

|MaguS|
07-23-06, 06:32 PM
Anyone know what monolith is working on now then, I prey to god they make another NOLF

They are working on the sequel to F.E.A.R. which will directly follow up on the originals story but just have a different name.

SH64
07-23-06, 09:13 PM
Cool , thanks for the headsup agentkay :thumbsup:

Roliath
07-24-06, 12:31 AM
SWEET!!! :) 23days, i should have my SLI setup long before than!
I can't wait!