PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else remember Starflight?

Riptide
02-10-03, 02:13 PM
Just curious to see if anyone else remembers Starflight, from Binary Systems (EA).

This game was the one that really got me sucked into PCs back in the early 80's. Played it on my 8088/10MHz machine w/EGA. Many, many hours were spent exploring the galaxy and building up a Class 5 ship with all the trimmings. Then the real story began, and it was an epic. Gathering minerals, training my crew, and outfitting my ship was plenty enough to keep me busy and interested before I started to get into the guts of the game. I find myself wishing there had been a Starflight 3. Perhaps someday they will come out with one that has new graphics, music, and a story equal to the original. Alas, that would be asking much.

I still have my original box and disks w/360K floppys. Such nostalgia. Every once in a while I'll even take out the manual and starmap just to remember the fun.

Anyone remember the mysterions? They always sent the same message, a sequence of ones and zeroes. A friend and I thought it was binary but we could never make out any message in it.

DaveW
02-11-03, 09:12 PM
Can't say I played that. I do remember Starglider and the original Elite though :)

SkullE404
02-14-03, 09:14 PM
That was one of my Favorite games. Wow does that bring back memorys. Trading with various worlds, looking for resources to sell, And finding out why the stars were dying. Good times indeed.

Nephilim
02-14-03, 09:50 PM
Damn, I played Starflight and Starflight II.....

Wow...I miss those games.