PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi Questeion

nrdstrm
07-24-06, 09:50 PM
I have an "xfi extreme music" and was wondering if it is possible to connect both my Logitech Z560's + headphones w/mic and then switch in software between them. I could do that no problem with my old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, however the documentation on the x-fi is severly lacking...
Thanks!

|MaguS|
07-24-06, 09:51 PM
Whats a Questeion?

No clue on your soundcard problem though...

CaptNKILL
07-24-06, 10:04 PM
I have an "xfi extreme music" and was wondering if it is possible to connect both my Logitech Z560's + headphones w/mic and then switch in software between them. I could do that no problem with my old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, however the documentation on the x-fi is severly lacking...
Thanks!
I dont think you can do that with the X-Fi. I really liked the versa-jack on the old santa cruz cards because it could be used for a headphone or mic port.

With the X-Fi you'll either have to swap the plugs when you want to use headphones or plug them directly into the speakers (if the z560 has a headphone port that is).

You might be able to find some sort of splitter or switch, but I dont know how this would effect sound quality.

BTW, did you get that package shipped out? :o

nrdstrm
07-24-06, 10:11 PM
It's packaged and ready to go, I just have to send it out tomarrow on my lunch...I'll hit you with a tracking number :)

CaptNKILL
07-24-06, 10:12 PM
It's packaged and ready to go, I just have to send it out tomarrow on my lunch...I'll hit you with a tracking number :)
Sweet :D

Thanks.

Lazaredz
07-25-06, 12:29 AM
Well, not sure what type of headset microphone you are using but for me:

I setup my plantronics DSP-300 with no problems only having to make the switch once in the sound/audio devices screen. Once that was done I would get sound through the headphones and none in the speakers and my mic worked just fine. When I unplugged it, the system when back to the speakers. Plug the headphones in and back to headphone/speaker.

Then again, mine is USB so I don't think that will work for standard mini-jack headsets.

Sidric
07-25-06, 12:50 AM
Its possible, but not without the the front panel box as far as I know. Unfortunately I don't think the xtreme music comes with it, but I think(not positive) you may be able to purchase it separately. The breakout box has mic and headphone jacks, though you will need adapters because they are the large studio kind. Once you hook them up its simply a matter of going into the software and changing the speaker settings. Or, if you're really lazy there's an option in the software that will automatically change the speaker setting to headphones everytime you hook them up.

jass
08-01-06, 10:05 AM
just connect line out 1 to speakers and headphones using the splitter jack like this one:
http://www.pccables.com/05004.htm
If there is any audible drop in signal strenght use THX console to reduce other channels and bring overal balance up. But I doubt there will be any audible drop anyway. Good Luck.