PDA

View Full Version : Q:PoP TT & Starforce...

K007
07-25-06, 08:54 AM
Hi guys..i loved PoP new series..my very first game was actually pop over at my moms work place on there computer >< that and test drive game...fun days lol...

I wanna replay TTT..i finished TTT before on my old rig..ran fine except i wanna run it on now more eye candy more at high ress and wanna install on my new pc..but i dont want to install Starforce at all..and my question is..

Is it possible to install PoP without having the starforce installed..i know i cauld use a 'crack' / etc to play the game..not sure if it can be done..but the one thing i dont want is to install SF at all..i really hate that pos my older rig when i installed pop and i had a scratch under the disc..where i never had one before..and this was on a different cd..i thought the cd drive was going a bit strange..and then when i ejected my game disc..it had a big scratch :/..

I dont want to blame it on SF..but i dont want to install it either....lets just say..i dont like stuff bieng installed on my pc without me not knowing about it or having some control..and i hate that :/...but i love PoP :/..

What to do? Is it possible for me to change some kinda .ini file in the disc for its installling methods to not have sf isntalled?

Most likely i will end up installing with sf..and just use sf cleaner..but then game would **** up..gg.

I dont mind using original disc insert cd thing in drive...and play the game..but i dont want to have sf installed..

saturnotaku
07-25-06, 08:59 AM
Not really, considering that this is the entire point of copy protections such as SF. You want to play the game without SF? Rent a console and the game.

agentkay
07-25-06, 09:01 AM
There is no crack available for Pop-TT, only a mini-image which you have to mount with Daemon Tools 4 along the SFCure drivers. You have to unhook your optical drive(s) as well on top of that. This method supposely works but you are not necessarly keeping your system "SF-clean" because the SF drivers still get installed but SFCure basically fools the SF drivers that the DT-mounted mini-image is your original game disk.

SH64
07-25-06, 09:09 AM
Yeah i couldnt find a working noCD or image for POP:T2T yet .. so i'm stuck using the cd each time i play :(

K007
07-25-06, 09:19 AM
There is no crack available for Pop-TT, only a mini-image which you have to mount with Daemon Tools 4 along the SFCure drivers. You have to unhook your optical drive(s) as well on top of that. This method supposely works but you are not necessarly keeping your system "SF-clean" because the SF drivers still get installed but SFCure basically fools the SF drivers that the DT-mounted mini-image is your original game disk.

Yeah..this is where the sf install thing comes into play. I dont mind using my original disc aslong as i dont have to install SF...

I guess its impossible :/..i cauld find cracks to play the game with but in the end..sf still gets installed..guess i wont be playing ttt for awhile..hope the next pop serires will not have sf.

btw i am not a console guy :P...i haven't purchased/rented a console eva..last console i played was PS1 at my friends place..and it was some racing game..gtr i think..i played some of my old classic games like resident evil using the emu/hiring the game :P

TTT/SoT were my favourite pop games..and i thought TTT was a big improvement over WW interms of the story line...though it does fit the story well..

Might fire up SoT/WW/TTT over again before my next clean format :P hehe..really wanna play TTT over again..hardest part was fighting the two boss just near the end area after the chariot run..man that was hard fight..hard with the keyboard/mouse..

SH64
07-25-06, 09:54 AM
Might fire up SoT/WW/TTT over again before my next clean format :P hehe..really wanna play TTT over again..hardest part was fighting the two boss just near the end area after the chariot run..man that was hard fight..hard with the keyboard/mouse..

Dont spoil it for me .. i just started playing! :D

K007
07-26-06, 07:15 AM
Dont spoil it for me .. i just started playing! :D

Oh dam sorry ><..but its not much of a spoil hehe..its just that specific boss fight..even if you know what your meant to do..it is very hard..probably the most difficult fight ive seen in the entire series..you need perfect timing..and not get hit..if u get hit..you loose a massive chunk of hp..took me alot of trys just to get through it..probably more easy on gamepad..but i use keyb/mouse..(nana2)

SH64
07-26-06, 08:22 PM
Oh dam sorry ><..but its not much of a spoil hehe..its just that specific boss fight..even if you know what your meant to do..it is very hard..probably the most difficult fight ive seen in the entire series..you need perfect timing..and not get hit..if u get hit..you loose a massive chunk of hp..took me alot of trys just to get through it..probably more easy on gamepad..but i use keyb/mouse..(nana2)

Dang i hate these kinds of boss fights .. hopefully i can beat it!! i'm a K+M fan too!

crainger
07-26-06, 08:40 PM
Keyboard and Mouse isn't too bad, but it seems the Xbox360 controller and PoP were made for each other. Just make sure you have the latest version of Direct Input. I spent days trying to get it working together, if I had just installed the version of DirectX that came with PoP I would have been fine.

nekrosoft13
07-27-06, 07:34 AM
some clarification, starforce drivers don't get installed during game install. installation/verification of starforce happens when you lauch the starforce protected game exe, that exe then checks the protect libraries, and if starforce is not present, it will install or update it.

i never was a big fan of starforce, but i just don't believe that starforce is actually breaking hardware