PDA

View Full Version : C & C Generals Rock baby !!!

Domy
02-10-03, 06:40 PM
Rocks!!!!just tried it for 3 hours......rocks!

de><ta
02-10-03, 08:16 PM
multiplayer test or is this the retail copy???

by the way in advance what kinda system did u run it on?

Nephilim
02-10-03, 09:02 PM
I have the retail. It's damned sweet.

My rig is my sig.

demonized
02-10-03, 09:42 PM
Isnt it suppose to be out tomorrow?
what resolution are you playing it on?
can you try playing it at 1600x1200 with 2xaa/4xaf.
I wanna know how it would perform.

ty in advance.
:)

stncttr908
02-11-03, 02:02 PM
EBX and other places put the games out as soon as they get them...so its possible that he does have the real thing.

Badboy_12345
02-12-03, 02:24 PM
I have tried it and it runs great on my system
1024x768x32 Graphics on high. And its a great game!

Amd XP2000+
512mb ddr
GF4 TI4200

stncttr908
02-13-03, 01:46 PM
That dam breaking animation looks hot.:afro:

Raptorman
02-14-03, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by volt
Technically the game is not in stores yet, so please consider http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?s=&forumid=12 as a guideline before you post on unreleased (retail) software.

Didn't EBGames ship this before the time of his post?

BTW, I'm ordering C&C Generals this evening. I've been waiting on it.

St Lobus
02-14-03, 01:46 PM
I picked up Generals yesterday and already I've put WAY too much time into it. This game is awesome. It runs great maxed out at 1024x768 on my rig. No AA or AF, but it doesn't look bad without them, either. EA did things right with this one. The Chinese Overlord tanks ROCK!

DaveW
02-14-03, 02:43 PM
Technically the game is not in stores yet, so please consider http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/announcement.php?s=&forumid=12 as a guideline before you post on unreleased (retail) software.

His copy is not necessarily warez. My local Wally World often has games on the shelves a couple of days before their official release date. They are supposed to keep them in storage until the official day of release, but in practice they just restock the shelves once a week with whatever they have.

Anyway, I doubt I will buy C&C Generals. Its just yet ANOTHER C&C game... is it really any different than the other 85 RTS games that Westwood released? They haven't made an original game since Bladerunner.

volt
02-14-03, 02:52 PM
My post does not necessarily apply now since you can buy the game (Feb 14th)

StealthHawk
02-14-03, 08:01 PM
My post does not necessarily apply now since you can buy the game (Feb 14th)
On Sunday(2/9) Best Buy was advertising the game to be in stores on Wednesday(Feb 12)

volt
02-14-03, 08:09 PM
As far as I know it wasn't in stock, because I checked my local BB.

RaggaMuffin
02-15-03, 09:56 PM
Wow what great graphics! and that main menu is really in your face with everything exploding and people dying. It is tough on the system but you feel as if it is tough but fair considering the results.

I can run it at 1024 x 768 using the 42.68 detonators without any real slowdown. However, anti aliasing causes the machine to crash and it even advises agains anti aliasing in the manual. I don't think considering the structure of the game that anti aliasing would improve the looks that much.

Controversial though. The first mission is in baghdad and you get attacked by a scud anthrax attack! With the GLA chanting 'death to the infidel' and running at the enemy with bombs strapped to themselves i can see the media getting worked up about it.

Paul
02-16-03, 12:54 PM
I picked Generals up on Thursday, and have been playing it when ever i get a spare 10 minutes. It is shaping up to be a great game, although i second people's comments about the SP game being very short - I'm 3/4 the way though the USA campaign, and i haven't put many hours in at all. I'm playing on "Hard", and i haven't even had to retry a mission yet, although i do consider myself a better than average RTS player (not great though).

I run the game at 800x600 with high detail settings, and its fairly smooth for the most part, with the cinematics being the only sections where it noticeably slows down. My GF3 is the bottleneck there, most likely. I should probably try 1024x768 to test that theory out.

Nonetheless, i look forward to months of MP gameplay when i'm through with the SP missions :)