PDA

View Full Version : Interview with John Romero about Quake

Burpy
07-25-06, 09:38 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2025/quakegc7.jpg

Interview with John Romero about Quake.

It's the 10th anniversary of the original Quake &
The Quake Expo has a interesting interview with
John Romero about how Quake came into fruition.

scar3crow: So would you call Quake an almagamation of ideas from different projects compressed into one title unduly brought about by the press and general community knowledge?
John Romero: Nope. Quake was one original idea that got changed 7 months before shipping to something totally different and the name remained because the world already knew what the game was called.

Quake Expo John Romero Interview. [ Link (http://www.quakeexpo.com/interview_romero.php) ]

GlowStick
07-25-06, 09:56 PM
Hm good interview.

Best singler player game ever btw :)

CaptNKILL
07-25-06, 10:03 PM
Thats a damn good article.

And its good to finally see another Queensryche fan :D

jAkUp
07-25-06, 10:11 PM
Its gonna make you its bitch

Sorry, I had to. :D

mullet
07-26-06, 01:06 AM
scar3crow: One thing the community has been pleading for for years now, and I know of a lot of people who would greatly enjoy such, and a few who could really make use of it for their projects, would be the map sources to the id Quake maps. Would it be possible to get these? It would be a quite awesome gift to Quake for its 10th birthday.

John Romero: I'll look for them tonight.

AWSOME!!!

Starscream
07-26-06, 02:29 AM
Hm good interview.

Best singler player game ever btw :)

I'd agree that Q1 has very good single player, but I think it's real strength is without question the multiplayer. DM is great, and not much beats original Team Fortress. To this day that is still my favorite multiplayer game.

crainger
07-26-06, 02:38 AM
My High School grades really suffered due to Team Fortress. Both the original and Classic

CaptNKILL
07-26-06, 03:23 AM
AWSOME!!!
What exactly are the map sources used for? The levels were so damned simple it couldnt have been that hard to remake them, so I'm guessing that isnt what this is about.

stncttr908
07-26-06, 08:53 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/55/3

crainger
07-26-06, 05:42 PM
What exactly are the map sources used for? The levels were so damned simple it couldnt have been that hard to remake them, so I'm guessing that isnt what this is about.

I think the map source would contain the code for some of the cool scripted moments, environmental puzzles, lighting, triggers. You know, stuff that makes a modder go "I wonder how they did that?"

mullet
07-26-06, 11:42 PM
I think the map source would contain the code for some of the cool scripted moments, environmental puzzles, lighting, triggers. You know, stuff that makes a modder go "I wonder how they did that?"

we have a winner. :D

jimmt
07-27-06, 10:58 PM
Thats a damn good article.

And its good to finally see another Queensryche fan :D

I agree. Also, I love to listen to Operation Mindcrime in the dark and listen to the story. Great band

Jim