PDA

View Full Version : Creating SLI Game Profiles

bagman
07-25-06, 10:22 PM
Hi there
Just about to build an SLI rig and was hoping you guys could answer what might seem to be very simple questions:

Creating an SLI game profile is the same as a non-SLI profile isn't it ?? The instructions look the same to me from what I have read on the web.

Regarding the SLI modes "SLI performance" and "SLI antialiasing". I appreciate you can't have both enabled at the same time, but if you choose "SLI performance" can you still enable regular antialiasing i.e. 2X and 4X ? Is anisotropic filtering affected by "SLI performance" ?

Appreciate your help

cheers

SH64
07-26-06, 07:38 PM
For creating a new SLI profile you just need to add the SLI value command line & sometimes other command line for compatability (like D3-engine based games). of course the other profile settings will remain the same.

with SLI performance or AFR/SFR SLI you can enable the regular AA modes up to 8xAA & even 16xAA (by hacking FW drivers or just enable it if its supported in-game)
i didnt get the last question , but AF is not affected by the different SLI modes you use if thats what you were asking.

bagman
07-26-06, 08:21 PM
Thanks for responding.

After re-reading my post I can see where you might be confused.
I guess what I'm trying to understand is that with creating game profiles within the nVidia Control Panel, the method is essentially the same whether for SLI or non-SLI.
Obviously there are adjustments that need to be made for SLI to work once the profile is created, but generally it's the same either way.

I think I understand the AF question....

cheers

SH64
07-26-06, 08:33 PM
Yep.
Btw i usually create/modify the profiles via the nvapps.xml file if i'm to mess around with the SLI settings .. even for disabling it if needed.