PDA

View Full Version : nview problem redux!

IHNIWTR
07-27-06, 07:35 PM
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, please move it to the correct one.

I have a problem that has already been discussed in this forum, the problem outlined in this thread. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30894) However, that guy managed to solve his problem by switching the DVI and VGA ports one with the other with the proper adaptors. I, however, am using an S-Video cable to connect my TV to my computer ( as no other ports are available on my TV ), so switching the ports would be quite impossible.

So, in short, I can't use clone mode, or any other mode for that matter, even though my TV is connected to the computer and I can switch between the two as primary displays. I have an nVidia GeForce 6800 GT graphic card, and I'm using the latest nVidia drivers. Help?

yooyo
07-28-06, 06:55 PM
I, however, am using an S-Video cable to connect my TV to my computer ( as no other ports are available on my TV ), so switching the ports would be quite impossible.

Why? I suppose your GFX card have DVI, DSUB & SVideo ports. So... connect your TV on SVideo port and your monitor on DVI or DSUB. If you have CRT mon with DSUB connector and you want to connect it on DVI port, then use DVI->DSUB adapter (Im pretty sure that this adapter is included in your card package).

Be more specific... Tell us all port you have on your GFX card, and combinations thats you tryed.