PDA

View Full Version : Classic DOOM 3 1.1 Final

Burpy
07-28-06, 08:49 AM
http://picsorban.com/upload/classicdoom3.jpg

Classic DOOM 3 1.1 Final - 193MB

[ Classic DOOM 3 Final @ FileFront (http://files.filefront.com/classic+doom+3+v11exe/;5315244;/fileinfo.html) ]
[ Classic DOOM 3 Final @ FileCloud (http://www.filecloud.com/file/2555/Classic+Doom+3+v1.1/) ]
[ Classic DOOM 3 Final @ FileShack (http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/6203/Classic+DOOM+3+1.1+Final) ]
[ Classic DOOM 3 Final @ FilePlanet (http://www.fileplanet.com/149666/140000/fileinfo/DOOM-3---Classic-Doom-3-v1.1-FINAL) ]

Mirrors will be added when available.

Friday, 28 July 2006

As a team, we have finally decided that it is time to close the project, and we want to do so with a bang. As per the previous news post, we have fixed all of the bugs that we were able to find. There are a handful of minor bugs remaining, however we feel that on the whole we have done everything we can to make this 1.1 release of Classic Doom 3 as complete as possible. Contained within this final update are many fixes and some nice new features that everyone should find useful.

Some of the new features include:

- Fully functional deathmatch support on all levels
- Improved weapon models
- Improved intro and outro sequences
- Lowered difficulty for game fairness
- Lots of balancing has been addressed

Overall the package contains so many fixes that we have lost track from what has actually been done from 1.0 to 1.1. It has been a long journey and a huge effort for the team to put this final package together and so on a personal level I would like to express my gratitude to everyone on the team who have made this release possible.

http://picsorban.com/upload/cd1.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/cd2.jpg

Source: [ Classic DOOM 3 (http://cdoom.d3files.com/) ]

ynnek
07-28-06, 10:36 AM
heh, it was kinda hard in the previous version.

Combine this with the LMS co-op mod, and its a blast to get a few people and charge thru the levels.

CaptNKILL
07-28-06, 11:52 AM
This might make me reinstall Doom 3. I still have a lot more fun with the original than I did with the new one.

grey_1
07-28-06, 02:30 PM
This might make me reinstall Doom 3. I still have a lot more fun with the original than I did with the new one.

Same here.

shungokusatsu
07-28-06, 03:15 PM
Been playing it since it's beta form, the music is just awesome, especially the first level. It's fun, but gets repetitive very quick.

saturnotaku
07-28-06, 04:44 PM
Been playing it since it's beta form, the music is just awesome, especially the first level. It's fun, but gets repetitive very quick.

Have they fixed the issues with the music sound levels in the game (where no matter how you adjust the volume in the settings, it never changes)?

shungokusatsu
07-28-06, 06:12 PM
Have they fixed the issues with the music sound levels in the game (where no matter how you adjust the volume in the settings, it never changes)?
Yes it's been fixed, but multi is still really buggy.

ynnek
07-28-06, 06:53 PM
If I remember, multiplayer is extremely sensitve to any lags and delays.. on top of that, Supposidly all those monsters create a large set of data that needs to be transfered back and forth, that more or less never works well across the internet.

Bearclaw
07-28-06, 06:56 PM
I remeber playing this game way back for Windows 95. It was so cool. I'm glad they brought it back, but it won't replace the original.

EDIT: I dl'ed it and installed it and when I go into Doom 3 and click Load Mod it flcikers and the game just shuts down.

K-1
07-29-06, 02:24 AM
I played this way back when they first released it, and man has it come a long way, freakin great and the intro was absolutely hilarious!!!

dwhjr77
07-29-06, 08:57 PM
Now dl'ing.

jAkUp
07-29-06, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any screenies?

CaptNKILL
07-30-06, 05:55 PM
I just played it a bit... its alright but its not as good as I hoped.

They didnt really do enough to make it feel or look like Doom. It still feels like Doom 3 just with levels that sort of resemble the old Doom levels.

The music is pretty cool though.

Im really surprised that they didnt use any of the old Doom sounds for anything... the guns, the enemies, the player... they were all either the standard D3 sounds or ripped from other games.

My biggest gripe is that its still so freaking dark! Cant you set a minimum light level for the levels or something? Doom wasnt dark. It was pure action with some small dark places to make you go "oh crap...". This is like blindly firing into a well lit room thats still black for some reason. The part in the second level where you go outside to get the chaingun really anoyed me... the enemies and most of the scenery out there are pitch black even though the sky is bright red.

Argg... I guess I just hoped for a lot less Doom 3 in this mod and a lot more Doom...

Bearclaw
07-30-06, 06:00 PM
I wasn't able to get mine working. I dl'ed it and when I loaded up Doom 3 I clicked the mods and clicked on Doom classic thing. The screen flickered a bit and then it went down. The game was totally down then. I tried going back into ti and the same thing happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

CaptNKILL
07-30-06, 06:14 PM
Did you updated Doom 3 to version 1.3?

Bearclaw
07-30-06, 08:20 PM
Did you updated Doom 3 to version 1.3?

No I didn't, there lies the problem I guess. Thanks.

CaptNKILL
07-30-06, 08:21 PM
No I didn't, there lies the problem I guess. Thanks.
No problem. :)

Bearclaw
07-30-06, 08:30 PM
No problem. :)

Only problem now is I unloaded Doom and the Doom classic. Grr. I didn't play Doom 3 much, didn't like it much, and now I'm too lazy to re-install everything. Better get to it..I want to see how this Doom Classic is. The original was great.

Bearclaw
07-30-06, 09:04 PM
Just played it and tried it out for the first time. It worked this time and it was awesome. It was cool how they kept the original music. It's also neat how you still remember where every little secret and hidden passage was from back in the day. Good overall but like someone else mentioned earlier, it is way too dark.

SonicClang
07-31-06, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, this is Sonic Clang from the team who made Classic Doom 3. I saw you guys talking about the mod here and I figured I'd clear up a couple things.

About the mod crashing when you start it, install the 1.3 patch. It looks like you already got that one figured out.

We didn't include a flashlight because the level designers lit the levels so you didn't need to use it. If you're having a hard time seeing try adjusting the brightness of the game. The original didn't have a flashlight and we were trying to replicate that. Everyone in our team hated the flashlight in Doom 3. I never want to see another flashlight in a game again. :)

And one thing that was about my portion in particular, I wanted to make sure you aren't confused about the music. We didn't "keep the original music", I remade it all from scratch using real instruments. I didn't use midi synths for the drums and guitar. I used midi in a couple spots on the ambient songs, but understand that I remade that all by hand. :) And it took me a long damn time to do!! haha.

CaptNKILL
07-31-06, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, this is Sonic Clang from the team who made Classic Doom 3. I saw you guys talking about the mod here and I figured I'd clear up a couple things.

About the mod crashing when you start it, install the 1.3 patch. It looks like you already got that one figured out.

We didn't include a flashlight because the level designers lit the levels so you didn't need to use it. If you're having a hard time seeing try adjusting the brightness of the game. The original didn't have a flashlight and we were trying to replicate that. Everyone in our team hated the flashlight in Doom 3. I never want to see another flashlight in a game again. :)

And one thing that was about my portion in particular, I wanted to make sure you aren't confused about the music. We didn't "keep the original music", I remade it all from scratch using real instruments. I didn't use midi synths for the drums and guitar. I used midi in a couple spots on the ambient songs, but understand that I remade that all by hand. :) And it took me a long damn time to do!! haha.
Excellent job on the music. :thumbsup:

About the brightness of the game...

I deffinitely dont want a flashlight. But because of the way the lighting works in Doom 3 as opposed to the original game, something extra needs to be done to make it look right. The designers deffinitely missed something with the overall brightness of the levels. Turning the brightness up doesnt do anything because in Doom 3, the shadows are pure black. Making them brighter just gives you pure gray shadows (which you cant see through).

I dont know if there is some sort of "global" lighting value that can be set for levels, but thats seems like that would work. At the very very least, the outside areas need to be 5-10 times brighter than they are. It just looks weird having everything black with a bright red sky.

Also, I think itd be very very cool if you moved the weapon models to the center to look more like doom and brought back the old doom interface (we really need to see which keys we have as well). And unless it would cause legal problems (which I highly highly doubt), having a bunch of the classic doom sounds in the game would be awesome.

Basically, it just needs more doom. The levels are cool and the music is fantastic, but it still just feels like doom 3 to me. :o

WimpMiester
08-01-06, 10:08 PM
OK, 1st day no problem, but today the music is super loud and I can't turn it down or off! How do I turn off the music? I tried editing the config file and changed seta s_music_vol "0" but that did nothing.

* Update *
Starting a new game it's fine, when I load my save game the music is stuck at max volume.

The Bigman
08-13-06, 11:04 PM
I would love to see the Orignal Quake come out like this. I love this mod too.

grey_1
08-15-06, 05:56 AM
I would love to see the Orignal Quake come out like this. I love this mod too.

It's not the original, but you may be interested.

http://meanarena.planetquake.gamespy.com/quake2_lostmarine/

Not sure where they are at with it atm, but kiltron puts together a pretty mean map. :thumbsup: