PDA

View Full Version : Dell DJ keeps skipping

superklye
07-29-06, 09:39 AM
Anyone else that has a hard-drive based MP3 player has probably experienced this...in the middle of a song, it suddenly starts over; sometimes the first few seconds of the song will skip indefinitely so skipping ahead or some other work around is needed to get past it. There is no guaranteed where it's going to happen, when it's going to happen or how many times it will happen.

This thing is on its last legs...it's had coffee spilled on it and has been dropped a number of times, but I can't afford to get a new one just yet, so I have to deal with it. :(

But my question is...will reformatting the drive help at all?

Sazar
07-29-06, 10:09 AM
Is it clicking at all when the drive goes round?

It might be damaged and just skipping because of the damage.

Reformatting shouldn't really help if it is physical damage but you can always try it, in case it's not :D

superklye
07-29-06, 10:38 AM
No, it's not clicking. I happened even when it was brand new (about a year and a half ago), but the frequency has just increased.

I guess I can give it a whirl. I just wanted to know if there WAS a fix for this (regardless of the player type) or if it was just something that came with HDD-based players and the annoyance had to be lived with.

Thanks.

Sazar
07-29-06, 02:09 PM
I had a pocket DJ before, gave it to my m8 when I got my new player.

It never skipped that I recall. I've heard some clicking on some other hdd based players and they skipped so I thought it might be the same for you.