PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Direct Sucks!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 12:37 AM
:banghead: Crap!!!! What in the world is Tiger Direct's problem? This is the second time this has happened to me! Fetch I'm really pissed off. Everytime I order something from Tiger Direct I find out a few days later that it is on backorder. A customer service rep just got an earful from me and I am hardly ever mad. He told me I was on backorder till August 28th. This sort of thing happened with the EVGA 7900 GTX I ordered from them and some DVD's I tried to get for my wife. I thought for sure this time I would be able to get something from them when it says In Stock but nope! Mind you the picture below was taken 5 minutes after my order had been placed. I pressed refresh many times just to make sure it really still said "In Stock". This is most certainly my last order ever with them.:thumbdwn: From now on I will stick to NewEgg, Zipzoomfly, & Mwave. I'm even really starting to like XPCgear. Anybody else had some Tiger Direct issues or am I just a fluke?

By the way Intel...why did you select Tiger Direct as one of your launch partners again?

I certainly know that some of you will be :rofl at this...o well.:D

Hopefully I can get an E6700 when NewEgg has one. The only thing good about what happened is that it will be easier for me to hold out for the DFI board.:p

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=19505&d=1154019143

Riptide
07-30-06, 12:38 AM
At least you got a phone call. I have had items ordered over the net go on backorder and never got as much as an e-mail. I ended up having to call them to find out what happened and why it didn't ship.

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 12:40 AM
At least you got a phone call. I have had items ordered over the net go on backorder and never got as much as an e-mail. I ended up having to call them to find out what happened and why it didn't ship.

I actually had to call them.;) Man those punks piss me off.:p

shungokusatsu
07-30-06, 12:45 AM
I actually had to call them.;) Man those punks piss me off.:p
I told you man, I always get suspicous when they pull these "In Stock" stunts, no confrimations within 3 hours = BS. Go with Monarch, it'll ship between the 7th and 14th (most likely the 7th, Intel shipped 1 million units) and their tax free. I'm sorry bro, I know it sucks, Newegg did it to me with the 7900 GTX's. At least the boards aren't out yet, by the time they are you'll get both at the same time.

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 12:53 AM
I told you man, I always get suspicous when they pull these "In Stock" stunts, no confrimations within 3 hours = BS. Go with Monarch, it'll ship between the 7th and 14th (most likely the 7th, Intel shipped 1 million units) and their tax free. I'm sorry bro, I know it sucks, Newegg did it to me with the 7900 GTX's. At least the boards aren't out yet, by the time they are you'll get both at the same time.

Very true. Like I said it makes it easier to wait for the DFI board. Plus I really didn't like the idea that Tiger Direct was gonna ship me an OEM version. Even though I don't want the heatsink or anything...it's just the principle of thing to me. With the part being brand new and all for $600 I would at least expect a box with a crappy heatsink.:D

Blacklash
07-30-06, 01:05 AM
Sorry about that Tiki, that's got to be some frustrating sh#t.

ZZF came through with my E6300 so I am going to wait and grab my E6700 from them when they get it in.

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 01:09 AM
ZZF actually happens to be the only one that has never let me down. I wonder what happened to the ZZF free second day shipping thing?

Marvel_us
07-30-06, 01:12 AM
That really sucks man. Hope you get everything straightend out, I'd be pissed if that happened to me as well.

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 01:14 AM
Well if it isn't another poll....:p

Bearclaw
07-30-06, 01:15 AM
I hate tigerdirect, ecspecially their in store service. Their customer service is horrible. I asked to see something behind the counter one time and the employee said "What the ****, it's just a ****ing box" I was shocked. **** tigerdirect stores. They never have anything and everyone is a complete asshole their. However, I have only ordered one thing online and it worked flawlessly but I understand how you feel tikiman. I hate tigerdirect. I always go newegg now.

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 01:18 AM
I think I would really order one from Monarch Computer now that I canceled my TigerDirect order, but I'm going on vacation with my wife from the 14th to the 19th of August. And Monarch's guaranteed ship date is the 14th. Maybe it will be available through Newegg like on Friday or something.

shungokusatsu
07-30-06, 02:11 AM
I think I would really order one from Monarch Computer now that I canceled my TigerDirect order, but I'm going on vacation with my wife from the 14th to the 19th of August. And Monarch's guaranteed ship date is the 14th. Maybe it will be available through Newegg like on Friday or something.
I think they'll ship out from Monarch on the 7th, plus monarch if Tax free if it matters ;)

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 02:13 AM
You don't think they have like hundreds and hundreds of preorders though do you?

jAkUp
07-30-06, 02:14 AM
I like Mwave. They are local so I can drive down there and pick stuff up :D Their prices kinda suck sometimes though.

shungokusatsu
07-30-06, 02:16 AM
I like Mwave. They are local so I can drive down there and pick stuff up :D Their prices kinda suck sometimes though.
They still do suck, they are still charging $200+ over for Conroes. That's where I got my 7900 GTX SC cards for $800 a piece :thumbdwn: Though overpaying did land me two 7950's free via step-up :D

sabersix1
07-30-06, 04:07 AM
OH MAN! I AM SO SOORY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BAD LUCK TIKIMAN. That is the main reason I Pre-Ordered My X6800, I figured that everyone one would be goin for the E6700, and that they would be on back-order till after the Extreme Edition X6800 released. Sure I paid an extra $500 bucks for an Unlocked Multiplier and .266Mhz of Speed but I really want to be able to OC the daylites of my new CPU, so I had to have it.

BTW ShopBLT.com has it here: http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?ACTION=Enter&thispage=011003000509_BK12400P.shtml&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!
Says will ship within 3-15 days.

Try these as well:

http://www.sparco.com/cgi-bin/wfind2?spn=A21K004

http://www.neutronexpress.com/prod.cfm/455862/INTEL/BX80557E6700/CORE_2_DUO_DC_LGA775_4MB_EM64T_HT_1066MHZ_BOX

------------------------------------------------------

nrdstrm
07-30-06, 04:28 AM
@ Tikki,
If we get them before your order goes through, I'll PM you (or I can call you if ya wanna PM your phone #. My buyer expects 6600/6700 around the middle of next week....

CaptNKILL
07-30-06, 04:32 AM
I voted newegg, but most of the time I end up finding what I want there and then getting it cheaper at ZZF.

Newegg has by far the best website of any online store. Extremely well organized with a TON of products. If their prices were just a little better they would be perfect.

einstein_314
07-30-06, 05:02 AM
My preferred retailer is NCIX.com. Great service and great prices.

Riptide
07-30-06, 10:22 AM
I like newegg but have had bad luck with memory from them. Several defective kits of OCZ and one of GSKill. Regarding mwave, a friend of mine ordered a disc drive from them and it came clearly used with a broken connector.

Zipzoomfly's 2 day shipping is great - when they get it out that day. I've had orders placed in the morning not ship until the next day. Lotta good the 2 day ship does for you then - may as well be 3 days.

I think they all suck to one degree or another but newegg sucks the least overall.

mullet
07-30-06, 11:09 AM
I usta do all my bussiness through Mwave years ago but they never had all the hardware I wanted so I switched to newegg and they have never let me down at all. Ill just wait till these prices go down a lill and some good mobo's come out with the N-590 before I get anything.

lee63
07-30-06, 11:24 AM
Try these guys http://www.xpcgear.com/e6700.html Tiki, they just put this up for pre-order, so Im sure you will be one of the first. Im sorry to hear what happened to you :thumbdwn: TD sucks !!!!!

Tikiman44
07-30-06, 09:04 PM
Try these guys http://www.xpcgear.com/e6700.html Tiki, they just put this up for pre-order, so Im sure you will be one of the first. Im sorry to hear what happened to you :thumbdwn: TD sucks !!!!!

Ya know I actually love XPCgear.com! They have shipped all the stuff I ordered very fast and packed well. They have a lot of great case mod products as too. I will call them tomorrow to see when they will be getting the CPU's in so I will know if I should order. Thanks again for the link.:D

Don't worry E6700 I will own you soon. (nana2)

Blacklash
07-31-06, 02:14 AM
Newegg is still ol' reliable and I have used them the most. Thing is their success is going to their head and they are starting to gouge more and more. I am hearing folks call them "Screwegg" these days.

I may turn more of my business to ZZF for a spell. If Newegg has it cheaper though, I will go with them. Like others I have also used Mwave and Allstarshop with no problems.

ZZF has the cheapest retail E6700 I have seen; well XPCgear is one penny cheaper :p, 567.99 vs 568.00

LBJM
07-31-06, 04:49 AM
I used mwave in the past, but for the past 4 years or so I've used newegg.com but they've started to price jack :(