PDA

View Full Version : New 160 WD RAPTOR's on EBAY

sabersix1
07-30-06, 03:21 AM
:D I Just purchased 2 of the "NEW" WD Raptor 1600ADFD 160Gb HDD's from Ebay. Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Western-Digital-150GB-Raptor-Hard-Drive-OEM-160GB_W0QQitemZ230010301660QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6445 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The Seller only has 5 left. It is a great price. My Total Cost for TWO HDD's was $355.76 plus $19.74 shipping for a total of $375.50 They are $250 a piece on Newegg. ;)

DataMatrix
07-30-06, 04:06 AM
:drooling:

|MaguS|
07-30-06, 08:43 AM
Those are the DELL models, not official WD Retail models. THey are actually slower then the normal 150GB because the extra 10GB.

sabersix1
07-30-06, 01:34 PM
The LOAD and Seek Times are the same. Thats what I want. And they were a good price.

|MaguS|
07-30-06, 01:42 PM
doh

|MaguS|
07-30-06, 01:43 PM
The LOAD and Seek Times are the same. Thats what I want. And they were a good price.

Actually they aren't, its alittle longer on your drive thanks to the 10GB more space on it.

Oh and you lack the 5 year warrenty from WD but rather have the warrenty from DELL.

Roadhog
07-30-06, 03:29 PM
Actually they aren't, its alittle longer on your drive thanks to the 10GB more space on it.

Oh and you lack the 5 year warrenty from WD but rather have the warrenty from DELL.

what, .001 ms longer? lol

sabersix1
07-30-06, 06:43 PM
So for another $60 apiece I could have an extra .001ms of speed and an extra TWO Years Warranty. LOL, You are wrong again. It has the same 4.6ms Seek Time as the 150Gb Raptors. The extra ten gigs of storage space is not going to make a difference in seek time. As for Warranty:
WD produces the world’s most reliable SATA drives. With 1.2 million hours MTBF, enterprise duty cycle, 5-year warranty, next-generation SATA technology, and state-of-the-art vibration tolerance, WD Raptor drives offer the best combination of reliability, high capacity, and performance for enterprise applications. If I had bought it with a Dell machine, then Yes Dell would be covering the Warranty for 3Years. But since I am buying it from a dealer, who had bought a 20-pack from Western Digital, it has the WD 5 Year Warranty. So There. lMagusl, I just put this post in here so someone else could get a good deal as well. But You have to trash it, so next time, investigate and make sure You know what You are talking about, as obviously You don't. LOL

|MaguS|
07-30-06, 07:12 PM
You do know that the seller is full of crap right? WD doesn't even sell the 160GB Raptors (so his dealer couldn't have bought them from WD since they DONT SELL IT)... hell they don't even have it listed on their site.

The access time of the drive is increased due to dell extending the data on the platters, You can get the same speeds and stats as the actual 150GB Raptors if you partition the drive to 150GBs. You lose the 10GB but gain the better access times.

You only get a warrenty through dell with these... they are Dell OEMS. The extended warrenty of the drive can only be gained by installing it in a Dell System, then it gains the warrenty of the entire system.

sabersix1
07-30-06, 11:11 PM
See, You are the one that is full of crap, In fact, the guy got his thru a Distributer, and the only way WD sells OEM parts, is thru distributors. The same kind of distributer that NEWEGG and ZZF uses, and Yes they are OEM Drives, but they Have the full 5 Year Warranty, just like the OEM drives have at Newegg and ZZF. These were Manufactured by WD in the same Malaysian plant as the other WD OEM's HDD's, They may have been Manufactured under Contract to Dell, With Specs that Dell wanted, but they are being sold thru the distributors as WD parts, THEY SAY NOTHING ABOUT DELL ON THIER LABEL OR PART NUMBERS, AND THEY COME WITH THE Western Digital full 5 Year Warranty. I am sorry You don't approve, You think You would be glad for some one, but that is quite OK, like I said, I put this up because they are FAST-ASS Hard Drives for a good price and others may appreciate it. If You don't want any, fine. But make sure You know what You are talking about before slandering the part, as again You don't have all the FACTS. And by the way the SEEK times are the same at 4.6ms. which is also the same as the 74gb Raptors 16mb cache HDD's which are using even smaller platters. The 74gb 8mb Cache Raptor has a seek time of 4.5ms which makes them the fastest. So the 160GB Raptor Drives have a 16MB Cache and a 4.6ms Seek time, and it is slower then the 74GB 8mb Cache Raptor that has a 4.5ms seek time. But the 160GB RAPTOR has more than twice the storage capacity. And still cames with 5 years of WD WARRANTY. And I bought TWO of them on EBAY for about 2/thirds of what I would have paid for RETAIL. :D

CaptNKILL
07-30-06, 11:31 PM
You can check your warranty status here:
http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/serialinput.asp?custtype=end&requesttype=warranty&lang=en

When you get the drives, just put the serial numbers in there to see what kind of warranty you have.

Anyways, congrats on the drives. New hard drives deffinitely kick ass :D

EDIT: Heh, I took the serial number off of the drive you linked to (you could see it in the pic) and it says no warranty... :o

crainger
07-30-06, 11:39 PM
You can check your warranty status here:
http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/serialinput.asp?custtype=end&requesttype=warranty&lang=en

When you get the drives, just put the serial numbers in there to see what kind of warranty you have.

Anyways, congrats on the drives. New hard drives deffinitely kick ass :D

EDIT: Heh, I took the serial number off of the drive you linked to (you could see it in the pic) and it says no warranty... :o

I was just about to post that. It has a D S/N serial number. So the warranty will be handled by Dell. Unless you or the seller have some sort of deal with WD themselves.

|MaguS|
07-30-06, 11:51 PM

What are you talking about the guy selling them off ebay say they had a 5 year warrenty!?!?!? OMG Someone on Ebay lied?? NO WAY!

superklye
07-30-06, 11:58 PM
This is, like, the gayest argument I've ever skimmed over.

crainger
07-31-06, 12:00 AM
This is, like, the gayest argument I've ever skimmed over.

Takes one to know one :)

sabersix1
07-31-06, 12:14 AM
Then since I have dealt with WD before, as an OEM Builder, I'll call them and ask them for warranty on a factory sealed part. as I am the END USER, and I have a right to the same 5 year Warranty as any other OEM WD RAPTOR has. If not I will pass them off in the next build to someone else and I will end up buying retail from Newegg.

Riptide
07-31-06, 12:28 AM
We have utilized western digital warranty support with drives that came out of Dell's at work. It was never a problem for us. Their site lets you throw the serial # of the drive in and as long as the date is within warranty period they don't care where it came from or even if you are the original owner.

DataMatrix
07-31-06, 02:57 AM
WD is an ownage company, period, they won't see any drive different, warrantee or not.

You use them, they respect you.