PDA

View Full Version : asus a8n32 sli deluxe reboots

Phily2
07-31-06, 07:08 PM
3 replacement A8N32 deluxe motherboards in 3 months and I cant even run 'Clear Sailing' Nvidia demo without the system randomly rebooting. Quake 3/4 and Grand Prix v.4 all do the same thing. Odd.. I borrowed an A8N Premium motherboard, transferred the graphics, memory and drives to it and it works like a dream! Whats wrong with the deluxe motherboard?

lukrad
07-31-06, 10:40 PM
I found out that a lot of people had the same problem...and most of them switched to ABIT AN8-32x. I really don't know what's the problem...i hope there is recall on these...

Riptide
07-31-06, 10:48 PM
What are you guys talking about? Maybe I'm lucky but I haven't run into that problem.

The Bigman
08-01-06, 12:52 AM
I had issues with it too and had some isues with its predissesor the P5N32. I found out its with fxi soundcard. And I had a bad 7800 too.

JaxMacFL
08-01-06, 08:49 AM
Love my a8n32-sli deluxe. Awesome mb. Have you kept up with the bios updates? Currently 1205 official, 1302 beta. I know Asus and Creative have both addressed the X-fi compatiblility problems experienced earlier. Also, psu can cause reboots. If the deluxe pulls more power than your old mb and your psu was at the max output with the old mb, that could affect ram, graphic cards, mb, etc, which could all cause reboots. Its a good mb, hope you figure it out.

Phily2
08-01-06, 03:05 PM
3 replacement A8N32 deluxe motherboards in 3 months and I cant even run 'Clear Sailing' Nvidia demo without the system randomly rebooting. Quake 3/4 and Grand Prix v.4 all do the same thing. Odd.. I borrowed an A8N Premium motherboard, transferred the graphics, memory and drives to it and it works like a dream! Whats wrong with the deluxe motherboard?

Further info: Have changed the power supply to Tagen, changed memory modules and tested them in all memory slot combinations, updated bios to 1205 tried a different graphics card,tried a brand new hard drive re-formatted re-installed Win XP and re-run test games system STILL reboots randomly...dispair.....tests with the borrowed Premium mobo runs perfect - no problems !!! Think the Deluxe mobo needs to be added to the trash can!!!!

Thanks for your replies and suggestions
Yes, ran Memtest and Prime 95 - according to these the memory and cpu came through with flying colors. The re-booting ONLY happens while running games - ANY type of games! As already stated tried different graphics ATI and Nvidia with different drivers and re-installed chipset drivers along with fresh Win XP SP2. 3rd A8N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard and the problem will not go away. As a final hit I re-installed everything into a different tower (in case there was any switching or earthing problems) Surprise surprise still the random re-boots !! The system is NOT overclocked in any way. Ive given up waiting for any reply from Asus. This board is a waste of my money and space.... The BORROWED Premium mobo works PERFECTLY...

Asus A8N 32 sli Deluxe, Athlon FX57 cpu, Zalman 9500 cooler,2 gb Corsair 3500LL PRO, BFG 7900 GT graphics, Tagan 600w power supply, 2x Maxtor 80gb ide drives

Riptide
08-01-06, 05:44 PM
Does it only do this in games?

SlowJoeBlow
08-01-06, 05:55 PM
Ya might want to reinstall your chipset drivers also..and while your at it your video card drivers, too. Use Drivercleaner pro to clean out all unwanted nvidia crap. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Riptide
08-01-06, 06:00 PM
Dude he already reinstalled XP. That should cover that.

I'm just curious to see if he has run memtest86 and Prime in order to see if his CPU/RAM/Motherboard pass those tests.

Bearclaw
08-01-06, 06:22 PM

I have had this board for 5 months and I have not had a single problem. 'knock on wood'