PDA

View Full Version : Call of Juarez demo SLI profile

SH64
07-31-06, 08:06 PM
Messing around with the SLI values i found a good working SLI profile for CoJ.
its "400001"
compared to nVIDIA's own SLI profile (included in 91.37 drivers) which gave me a horrible mouse lag esp in Billy's mission , this seems to run a little better & shows no signs of mouse lag or stuttering.

give it a shot & enjoy!!

notice this is an only SLI profile NOT QuadSLI ... so Quad users your secondary 7950GX2 will be sitting ducks during gameplay heh.

SH64
08-01-06, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback :)

yeah performance is pretty weak due to the heavy use of HDR , hi-res shadow maps , foliage ..etc
for a decent-good performance i play @1280x1024,0xAA,8xAF,all settings maxed.
30+fps usually .. the good thing in this game is that even in 20s the game is still playable unlike some others.

J-Mag
08-01-06, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback :)

yeah performance is pretty weak due to the heavy use of HDR , hi-res shadow maps , foliage ..etc
for a decent-good performance i play @1280x1024,0xAA,8xAF,all settings maxed.
30+fps usually .. the good thing in this game is that even in 20s the game is still playable unlike some others.

Is it taking advantage of all four GPUs and in what mode (AFR of SFR I am guessing)?

SH64
08-01-06, 03:14 PM
Is it taking advantage of all four GPUs and in what mode (AFR of SFR I am guessing)?
Not its only working in SLI mode (2 GPUs). so even single 7950GX2 owners should get a decent improvement out of it.
its supposed to be AFR2 profile (i have QuadSLI so i cant really tell since the load balancing bars are showing AFR of SFR but that isnt it).

CaptNKILL
08-01-06, 07:56 PM
Messing around with the SLI values i found a good working SLI profile for CoJ.
its "400001"
compared to nVIDIA's own SLI profile (included in 91.37 drivers) which gave me a horrible mouse lag esp in Billy's mission , this seems to run a little better & shows no signs of mouse lag or stuttering.

give it a shot & enjoy!!

notice this is an only SLI profile NOT QuadSLI ... so Quad users your secondary 7950GX2 will be sitting ducks during gameplay heh.
I tried it. It didnt work for me. It still ran really bad. Even when I put the exact SLI value from the Hitman: Blood Money profile into the CoJ profile, it still runs like crap.

The only way to get it running good is to rename it "hitmanbloodmoney.exe". I have no idea why. Maybe I didnt do something right, but to me it seems like the Call of Juarez profile doesnt even work.

Oh! I see why... the default profile is set for "CoJ.exe" when the demo is "CoJdemo.exe".

DUH :p

I'll try it again...

EDIT: Nevermind... it still runs like crap unless the game is renamed hitmanbloodmoney.exe. I'm so confused... :|

SH64
08-01-06, 08:34 PM
Maybe you didnt create/get the profile to work correctly Capt. .. many people get confused with that.
just some general notes :
- when you are in the procedure of creating the new profile make sure the settings in the CP are on the global.
- after getting the profile ready in the nvapps.xml file , go to the CP ..select it & apply it. you HAVE to apply it to work.
- i'm using the classic CP.

CaptNKILL
08-01-06, 09:19 PM
Ok, I got it working :)

Doesnt really seem any smoother than the hitman profile setting, but it does work a lot better than the default.

Thanks for the help. :)

SH64
08-02-06, 04:09 PM
Ok, I got it working :)

Doesnt really seem any smoother than the hitman profile setting, but it does work a lot better than the default.

Thanks for the help. :)
Great! :D

yeah .. i tried to come up with the best combo that gave good performance on both missions .. hopefully final game will be more optimized & drivers come with better SLI profile by then!

Xion X2
08-04-06, 08:14 AM
This game looks AND plays like complete crap. I can't believe some of you guys were hyping this to be one of the best looking games to come out on the PC. Oblivion looks tons better, and runs better.

And that's saying something..

nekrosoft13
08-04-06, 08:39 AM
This game looks AND plays like complete crap. I can't believe some of you guys were hyping this to be one of the best looking games to come out on the PC. Oblivion looks tons better, and runs better.

go get your eyes tested

Xion X2
08-04-06, 12:05 PM
Why don't you go get yours tested? Walk up to the mountains. They're flat, featureless, and blurry as all hell. Even Battlefield 2's mountains look better, and that game is a year and a half old. There are jaggies all over the buildings from the lack of AA. The game is running like a snail even on high-end SLi and Crossfire rigs.

nekrosoft13
08-04-06, 12:13 PM
its fbrured because you have depth of field enabled.

you can enable AA just like in Oblivion, if you turn off HDR, you can leave Shader 3.0, just turn it to simple mode in config file. (just like Oblivion)

and its running better then Oblivion, oh and what a suprise it has full dynamic shadows, something that was dropped in Oblivion

Xion X2
08-04-06, 12:16 PM
its fbrured because you have depth of field enabled.

Depth of field works on objects that are far away. I'm talking about walking right up to the mountain and standing a foot or two away from it. It's blurry as all hell when it should be full-featured and detailed.

you can enable AA just like in Oblivion, if you turn off HDR, you can leave Shader 3.0, just turn it to simple mode in config file.

HDR is its only redeeming quality. You want to take that out?

and its running better then Oblivion, oh and what a suprise it has full dynamic shadows, something that was dropped in Oblivion

You must be f@$#%!g crazy. There is no way that this game runs better than Oblivion on the same graphics settings. And Oblivion doesn't have nearly as noticeable jaggies all over the textures when AA is disabled.

You need an eye doctor, pronto.

SH64
08-04-06, 01:33 PM

This game has its own goods & bads. i wont say it looks better than Oblivion & i wont say it looks like "crap" either.
for exmaple : CoJ makes a very special use of DoF .. also it features dynamic high-res shadow maps for objects indoors/outdoors & a nice use of HDR as we know it.

OTOH though , the character (main & other NPC's including the horse) textures looks low-res & washed out aswell as the gun models.
also i agree some areas & terrains look flat esp in Billy's mission.

generally i'd say its a decent looking game.

wrathofgod
08-04-06, 05:24 PM
Rename the game .exe file to hitmanbloodmoney.exe. Runs like butter on my 7800 GTX SLI with everything max'd @ 1680x1050.:)

SH64
08-04-06, 05:41 PM
Rename the game .exe file to hitmanbloodmoney.exe. Runs like butter on my 7800 GTX SLI with everything max'd @ 1680x1050.:)
Sorry but renaming .exe files is for n00bs!! i make my own SLI profiles for a while now :)

PTK1982
08-05-06, 01:50 PM
Well it is a demo that is the reason why some textures looks like crap (in order to get it download size smaller im sure they used "crappy" textures) Full retail will have decent textures i think (ut2003 was same case).

Xion X2
08-06-06, 05:30 PM
Well it is a demo that is the reason why some textures looks like crap (in order to get it download size smaller im sure they used "crappy" textures) Full retail will have decent textures i think (ut2003 was same case).

I don't believe that bunk. Often times, demos turn out to look just like the final product. It may be optimized to run a little better, but the graphics in demos are often representative of the final release. F.E.A.R., Prey and Condemned all looked the same in their demos as they did in their final releases, for example.

K007
08-07-06, 03:45 AM
yea i doudt they would try to save space on bandwidth with there demo.. i think they used to do that along time ago..i remember how much difference the monkey island demo was compared to the retail..but now adays..if the game can run it at max settings with crazy ass textures..etc..its gonna be stuffed into the demo..size is nothing anyway..not in this time of age...but hey..if you in australia..suffer 10gb download limit..lol

SH64
08-07-06, 12:26 PM
I'm with Xion in this one. demos usually represent the final game.
what you see is what you get .. its as simple as that.
dont be so optimistic that the final game will have better graphics or better performance , actually expect the worst.

narutosan
08-08-06, 04:30 PM
ik think that there is a posibility that there is indeed a higher quality rez mode in the final game just read this at tweakguides!

http://www.tweakguides.com/COJ_8.html

TextureQuality("Normal")

This is the same as the Texture Quality slider in the in-game settings. The only reason I raise this here is to note firstly that in the Call of Juarez demo, the in-game settings are actually incorrectly labelled. That is, although you have the option of Low, Normal or High in the in-game settings, they actually correspond to Very Low, Low and Normal here respectively. This can be verified by the fact that when you select High in the game for example, it appears as "Normal" in this variable. The true High setting will only be available in the final version of the game. You cannot force genuine High textures using this variable; due to the size of the highest resolution textures, they were apparently not included in the demo.

Shadows("Normal")

This variable is once again the same as the in-game setting of the same name. Note that a value of "Normal" equates to Medium in the in-game settings. Further note that there is a "VeryHigh" value which cannot be used in the demo, but which indicates that the full version of the game will have an additional shadow level. Trying to set VeryHigh here makes no difference to shadow quality in the demo.

so i think this is quite clear that the final game wil have a higher rez mode!

SH64
08-08-06, 05:48 PM
Hmmm if performance is crappy as it is in the demo , i wonder how the final game will run on these very high textures & shadows quality settings.

however since the game release has been pushed back to next year i think the next-gen GPUs should be able to handle those settings pretty decently.