PDA

View Full Version : where to download original cellfactor demo?

derdeutscha
07-31-06, 11:49 PM
I'd like to try playing this without the cloth/fluid in software mode so I get more than 3 FPS. Does anyone have a link to the original demo?

BioHazZarD
08-01-06, 12:01 AM
eh there is none its mean to run with ageia card to show off physics.

derdeutscha
08-01-06, 12:05 AM
Um, obviously you don't realize you can play the game without the ageia card nor did you rread the article at tomshardware

eh there is none its mean to run with ageia card to show off physics.

derdeutscha
08-01-06, 12:21 AM
Um, obviously you don't realize you can play the game without the ageia card nor did you rread the article at tomshardware

you can go under options and disable fluid effects

shungokusatsu
08-01-06, 12:40 AM
you can go under options and disable fluid effects
Yes but the demo then runs like trash and is no longer appealing without all the effects.

derdeutscha
08-01-06, 01:05 AM
You are joking right? "Without all the effects?" The only thing fluid dynamics does is the cloth and fluids of which there are very little

Have you tried turning on motion blur and increasing texture size, turning on advanced shadows and turning on AA x16 and bumping up to 1280x1024?

The game looks stunning, screw ageia. You know all they did was write the code so the cloth was only optimized for the ageia card the same thing could have been done using the other core of my processor (considering it is not used at all while I play)

Yes but the demo then runs like trash and is no longer appealing without all the effects.

grey_1
08-01-06, 06:11 AM
http://www.ageia.com/downloadcellfactor/index.html

I think this is it.

faraday
08-02-06, 04:52 AM
I believe thats the last build of the demo. The OP was looking for the first demo build released to the public, if I understood correctly. This is probably because the last build of the demo is 'rigged' to run like crap without the AGEIA, whereas the first build ran okay without it if physX was turned off. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like as well to try out this game but only got my hands on the last build , and frankly, 2 FPS doesn't cut it.

anticitizenzero
08-02-06, 10:28 AM
With quad core cpus coming out, whats honesly the point of these cards, I bet a skilled programmer could get this demo to run on one of those cpus with the cloth effects without a noticable difference. There has not been one appealing game even anouced yet that will work in conjuction with these cards

derdeutscha
08-02-06, 10:01 PM
In the latest build all you have to do is go into the game options and turn off the fluid-cloth option and you'll get 20-30fps (make sure you turn ON motion blur, antialiasing and all that stuff)

I believe thats the last build of the demo. The OP was looking for the first demo build released to the public, if I understood correctly. This is probably because the last build of the demo is 'rigged' to run like crap without the AGEIA, whereas the first build ran okay without it if physX was turned off. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like as well to try out this game but only got my hands on the last build , and frankly, 2 FPS doesn't cut it.

shungokusatsu
08-02-06, 10:48 PM
With quad core cpus coming out, whats honesly the point of these cards, I bet a skilled programmer could get this demo to run on one of those cpus with the cloth effects without a noticable difference. There has not been one appealing game even anouced yet that will work in conjuction with these cards
They can or will eventually, haven't you seen Crysis CryPhysics :D

BioHazZarD
08-03-06, 12:05 AM
game was a big joke anyways.. zero fun just some physics crap that didnt impress anyone.

faraday
08-03-06, 06:35 AM
I think it has potential...and the physics did impress me.