PDA

View Full Version : Flatout2 US Release Today

Pages : [1] 2

MaXThReAT
08-01-06, 10:44 AM
Well Flatout2 either ships today or some might be able to find it in stock. I'll be calling around as soon as some stores open, hope I can find it, I've got the day off work. It's been out for a month elsewhere.
Yes the game has Starforce but it's not going to stop me. I'll let you guys know if I find it.

nekrosoft13
08-01-06, 10:58 AM
today? based on what info?

jAkUp
08-01-06, 11:08 AM
:D

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646519

MaXThReAT
08-01-06, 11:22 AM
:D

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646519

Thank you jakUp, don't you already have this game?

jAkUp
08-01-06, 11:57 AM
nope :( Looking forward to it.

CaptNKILL
08-01-06, 02:17 PM
I've had it for like a month now. My brother ordered it from the UK.

Its an awesome game. :)

Its a bit different than the original, and it seems to be missing a few things (no real reward for beating all the finals, no way to race one specific track in career mode) but it looks beautiful and its a ton of fun.

Advice to new players: Buy the trucks.

If it doesnt have 4 wheel drive it pretty much sucks ass. The rear wheel drive cars are fast but spend more time in the wall than on the track. The front wheel drive cars arent fast and are still terrible.

I also cant believe how well it runs (considering the graphics and the amount of physics objects). Its by far the smoothest running game I've seen recently. Its just totaly buttery smooth the whole time... id say constant 60+fps everywhere.

I give this one a 9/10. BUY IT :D

SH64
08-01-06, 03:03 PM
& yet no demo :(

loafer87gt
08-01-06, 04:26 PM
Damn, I was hoping the US version wouldn't have StarForce. :( Guess I'll have to wait to see if a game group can crack it before I pick it up.

Nitz Walsh
08-01-06, 07:10 PM
I also cant believe how well it runs (considering the graphics and the amount of physics objects). Its by far the smoothest running game I've seen recently. Its just totaly buttery smooth the whole time... id say constant 60+fps everywhere.

I give this one a 9/10. BUY IT :D
Good to hear- but you have a 7950GX2. You're saying it runs well with that meagre of a videocard? :)

jAkUp
08-01-06, 07:26 PM
Anyone find it today?

Gaco
08-02-06, 06:38 AM
GT just made a video review: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12138&type=wmv&pl=game

EDIT: Wow nice HD trailer btw: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10299&type=wmv&pl=game - I love the ending :D

npras42
08-02-06, 07:52 AM
Gamespot review for the XBOX version:
http://us.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/flatout2/review.html

7.4 - Not exactly the greatest score but probably worth a try...

MaXThReAT
08-02-06, 09:04 AM
Well I couldn't find it yesterday. I'm sure I will today, I just need to find a place that will take my bad check, Best buy or CompUSA. It will be good by the time they cash it. I didn't realize I was so tapped.

CaptNKILL
08-02-06, 12:38 PM
Good to hear- but you have a 7950GX2. You're saying it runs well with that meagre of a videocard? :)
Runs great on a 7900GTX too :D

You would be surprised how bad most recent games run on these top of the line cards ;)

ynnek
08-03-06, 10:07 AM
i was at the mall, and saw it on shelves at EBX on the 2nd.

agentkay
08-03-06, 10:42 AM
I found this screenshot, can somebody confirm if its a fake or the US version does actually use Securom7??

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5612/fo2securom7wx5.jpg

BioHazZarD
08-04-06, 11:34 AM
Vivendi is the publisher and they use Securom 7 protection so it would be odd if it has Starforce suddenly.

nekrosoft13
08-04-06, 03:30 PM
http://forums.vugames.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28132

Vivendi confirms

MaXThReAT
08-04-06, 08:54 PM
Well... I finally got it, but first off I'm never buying another game from EBgames ever again, at least not a PC game. On top of having all the PC games packed on a shelf sideways, so you can't see the front. They are now opening the game package, taking out the game, loosing any manuals and taping the five cd's together that rip the cd jacket if you try to take it off and slapping a big "NEW" sticker on one of the disk jackets with a bunch of their SKU codes. In a store the size of my living room people are steeling PC games off the shelf, RRRiiiiggghhttt. Total BS! After I saw him taking the disks out a drawer and shoving them back in the box, I told the guy, "What this, I'm never shopping here again." We both laughed and he said enjoy smashing it up as he handed me my open smashed and bent box. LOL,… never again!

Anyway to the game, first level, destruction derby, with a RWD car. I ran through the track, very nice graphics, a few little dings here and there some sparks... eehh. Then I finished first by far and then noticed I didn't get the larger best wrecker award. Duh destruction derby. I started again, much better. I smashed up all my opponents and finished first, bonus. Allot better, it's a balancing act between smashing and wrecking and staying ahead. I found it allot of fun. Little sluggish on the MOMO wheel but it might just be the car. I had to tune the music down to 10% and effects up to 100%, other wise the music just drowns out the engine and I like to here the engine, it makes the smashes maybe a bit to loud but not bad. 8/10 so far.
@ 1920x1440 4xAA 16xAF gamma and transAA 40-60fps all the time.
O and I confirm NO STARFORCE, Securom7. :D

nekrosoft13
08-04-06, 09:31 PM
i stopped buying from the devil (gamestop/eb) long time ago, for me its either best buy, gogamer or frys

SH64
08-04-06, 09:44 PM
Its cracked :bleh: ... so it must be securom.

fuelrod
08-06-06, 09:06 PM
Picked it up this weekend after I heard it didn't contain starforce. I like it, better graphics, more debris flying all over, and more great music.

What I didn't like was all the cars don't handle nearly as well as in the previous game. The original Flatout had the trading paint kind of racing feel to it where as this one seems to be about the pieces of car flying all over the place. Bumping other cars or object doesn’t really slow you down at all. Overall less racing strategy involved, just keep your foot on the gas.

I give it 7 out of 10.

CaptNKILL
08-06-06, 09:52 PM
Picked it up this weekend after I heard it didn't contain starforce. I like it, better graphics, more debris flying all over, and more great music.

What I didn't like was all the cars don't handle nearly as well as in the previous game. The original Flatout had the trading paint kind of racing feel to it where as this one seems to be about the pieces of car flying all over the place. Bumping other cars or object doesn’t really slow you down at all. Over less racing strategy involved, just keep your foot on the gas.

I give 7 out of 10.
Eh, it depends what car you drive. The heavy muscle cars fly all over the place and smash through things pretty easily. The trucks stick to the road better but arent as fast. I think the faster cars in this game are a lot more difficult to use than the cars in Flatout, and the trucks are a bit easier.

There were only a few cars I used in this game that really reminded me of the feel of the first game. One was in the Derby cup and it looked like a Dodge Daytona. I cant remember the name of it. The other was the Lentus in the Racing cup. It looks like an El Camino.

I might try going through it again with the crazier cars, but IMO they just dont handle for crap...

MaXThReAT
08-07-06, 12:52 AM
Well I'm having trouble with this game. I like it allot but either I can't get the hang of racing or it's the cars. I'm up to level 2 on the DD racing and it takes me like 15 times to get through one damn race. I actually took off my headphones and threw them down I was getting so mad. The stunt games are awesome and very fun game with friends but so far I have only got best wrecker and finished first in one race out of like 15. It's either crash or race. If try to crash and go for best wrecker I can't stay with the pack and if I race I'm way way way ahead. You don't need to win every race to get 1st in the round. I guess you have to pick what track is best for racing and what track is best for wrecking but I having hard time letting go not finishing first.

CaptNKILL
08-07-06, 01:03 AM
If you havent gotten a truck, get one.

I found most cars to be almost un-drivable they are so loose. The trucks are very tight (a little too tight), so they are much MUCH easier to drive.

I'd suggest getting the cheapest pickup (or any 4WD vehicle) in each division. There are better trucks and some better cars, but start with those until you really get into the way the game plays.