PDA

View Full Version : None of the new Drivers work with my Dual 7900 GTXs

Tarks
08-01-06, 04:22 PM
Hi, I have two 7900 Gtxs in my comp, although I wouldnt think that that would affect the driver installation too much, anyway whenever I try and update my drivers I get the

"could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

Message, which after some digging it appears that this is to do with missing entries in the inf file?

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out by either providing an inf file that would give me a smooth install, or writing up how to change the inf to allow me to update it myself in the future, Give a man a fish, you know.

On a side note I think it's pathetic that after paying this much Nvidia can't get their **** straight, I'm sorry, but I'm 18 and I saved up for it so it's a tad annoying.

shungokusatsu
08-01-06, 04:28 PM
Which drivers are you trying to install?

Tarks
08-01-06, 04:31 PM
Ive tried the following ones, all with no success

shungokusatsu
08-01-06, 04:52 PM
You either are d/ling the wrong os drivers, or your drivers are corrupt. you need to uninstall video drivers before installing new ones. If that still doesn't work, run driver cleaner then try.

verncat
08-01-06, 06:37 PM
It would also be nice if you actually posted your system specs, along with your gripe. Sounds to me like you are trying to install the wrong drivers for your OS (ie 64bit drivers to a 32bit system or vice-versa).

Shawn

rewt
08-01-06, 06:49 PM
Agreed.

If all else fails try the latest drivers from LaptopVideo2Go (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?drivers). They are modded to work with all cards (not only laptops).

Again, make sure to choose WinXP or Win64 at the top (where it says Operating System). Click Win64 only if you have Windows XP x64 Edition.

Tarks
08-04-06, 04:46 PM
I hadn't uninstalled the old ones. . . Seems odd that a company like nVidia can't detect them already installed OR get the correct error message in place. Comeon guys, that's standard code.

saturnotaku
08-04-06, 05:27 PM
How about instead of continued whining, you do what was asked of you previously and post the rest of your system specs so we might try to help you?

verncat
08-05-06, 08:05 AM
Agreed. You need to help us help you.

sharangad
08-05-06, 10:03 AM
I hadn't uninstalled the old ones. . . Seems odd that a company like nVidia can't detect them already installed OR get the correct error message in place. Comeon guys, that's standard code.

It does. nVidia have an driver uninstaller Win32 service which allows you to install a newer driver on top of an existing one or even roll back to a previous driver without having to uninstall the current one. You just run the installer, it prompts you to reboot, tells you to close the Windows add remove hardware wizard and once you've done that installs the older driver.

Topboy
08-06-06, 10:17 AM
How about instead of continued whining, you do what was asked of you previously and post the rest of your system specs so we might try to help you?

From the tone in your voice im betting you work in a support department that deal with supporting customers on a daily basis...;) lol

Heinz68
08-06-06, 06:24 PM
It does. nVidia have an driver uninstaller Win32 service which allows you to install a newer driver on top of an existing one or even roll back to a previous driver without having to uninstall the current one. You just run the installer, it prompts you to reboot, tells you to close the Windows add remove hardware wizard and once you've done that installs the older driver.
NOT THE RIGHT ADVICE ^ ^ ^

The best is to read and follow the instructions, some time you can get away with the above but it is not what
NVIDIA is advising.
If "Tarks" was installing the proper not corupt drivers, probably not folloving the instruction is the problem.

nVIDIA Driver Installation Hints

* "Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

* Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

* Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

Copyright 2006 NVIDIA Corporation

Golden Sample
08-06-06, 09:04 PM
On a side note I think it's pathetic that after paying this much Nvidia can't get their **** straight, I'm sorry, but I'm 18 and I saved up for it so it's a tad annoying.

LOL...

For me all drivers worked perfect. With 2 7900GTX Cards@SLI, a 7900 GX2 and now a 7950GX2. (I own a PC-Shop so i had A LOT of diffrent GFX`s) Seems like YOU are pathetic.

Sorry to say that, but it`s the truth! In the past years almost every NV driver (beta and official) worked for me without any major problems.
I`m 30 and i think you should spend more time in learning computer basics than spend more money for hardware....

Kind regards
Golden Sample

wshadow
08-06-06, 10:39 PM
i had a 6800gt agp and now have a 7600gs and it comes up with the same errors...i have tried drivercleaner, safemode, different drivers...etc...never had a problem before, we even running the same drivers on the 6800gt so its wierd, even tried the go drivers...

wshadow
08-06-06, 11:18 PM
TI found drivers that work...Try the ones off of www.nzone.com :)

garikfox
08-07-06, 10:42 AM
Hes trying to install x32/x64 driver's or vice 'a versa for x64/x32 OS.

(You have to use 91.37)

I could be wrong but sounds to me like thats whats going on here.