PDA

View Full Version : New Command and Conquer 3 Pics

anticitizenzero
08-01-06, 07:07 PM
Some scans from a german mag, lookin real nice (nana2)

http://www.gamescathedral.de/gamescat/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5867&mode=&order=0&thold=0

SH64
08-01-06, 07:51 PM
& more here (http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35869&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) ;)

arioch21
08-01-06, 08:10 PM
hope i dont need shades to play this game lol :D

crainger
08-01-06, 08:22 PM
I know. It is rather bright

CaptNKILL
08-01-06, 08:49 PM
Looks good :)

I think that second group is bright because they were scanned. The first batch looks fine.

LycosV
08-02-06, 12:17 AM
It looks good, but I liked C&C Generals and how it was exagerated and cartoony. This is alot more "real" looking and will probably try to be serious and gritty. I think Generals (Zero Hour especially) made a great game because it tried to be fun, not realistic.

crainger
08-02-06, 02:07 AM
It looks good, but I liked C&C Generals and how it was exagerated and cartoony. This is alot more "real" looking and will probably try to be serious and gritty. I think Generals (Zero Hour especially) made a great game because it tried to be fun, not realistic.

The Tiberium (Dawn, Sun and now Wars) games hve always been a little more real and gritty than the other C&C titles.

Becoming
08-02-06, 02:36 AM
I'm more excited about Supreme Commander personally (this does look nice though).

CaptNKILL
08-02-06, 03:12 AM
I'm more excited about Supreme Commander personally (this does look nice though).
I agree.

I loved C&C, Red Alert and Generals (never got into the other ones... they just didnt do it for me) but Supreme Commander just looks a lot more interesting. I just have to get rid of this damned SLI before it comes out so I can use the dual monitor setup. One for the overview map, and one for the main screen. :D

K007
08-02-06, 05:50 AM

God..generals was such a **** dissapointed for me..in terms of singleplayer..never bothered after that..finished with chinease..thats it..

CnC name it self stants for a really solid single player game with both good/bad sides and it was really popular for its story with real actor footage..and they helped move the story forward alot and i really enjoyed the CnC series up untill Generals..which is understandable since EA just slapped CnC on the game just to get $$...

As for it bieng 'real' / 'fun'..Entire CnC series have been moving forward..the first CnC game was alot of fun..with nukes/ion cannons bieng some of the more 'future' type weapeons..though not nukes.. CnC RA is the same..then came CnC TS..and thats based on the future..sometime has passed since the first CnC..so it has to be based on future..i mean how else can we get a good story going on..CnC RA2..same story..game is moving forward..

Things i dont want EA to screw up on CnC3 is to keep the classics..the UI/Movies/Story..

CnC Generals was more of a 'wanna be' war3 / tft(zh)...CnC / Starcraft / Warcraft..they were all strategy games but each game had its own unique way of playing the game..and Generals..just was a wannabe War3...with CnC name used..because EA can do it..lol.

Either way.. looking forward to this..also i have my eye on Supreme commander too..TA was alot of fun back along time ago..played alot of LAN back then with my friends when they came over..

nekrosoft13
08-02-06, 07:24 AM
I agree.

I loved C&C, Red Alert and Generals (never got into the other ones... they just didnt do it for me) but Supreme Commander just looks a lot more interesting. I just have to get rid of this damned SLI before it comes out so I can use the dual monitor setup. One for the overview map, and one for the main screen. :D

can i have your GX2 then?

C&C3 looks good, but like few other said, i'm also more excited about Supreme Commander, i still play Total Annihilation.

When it comes to generals, it was a ok game, but i like Act of War much better

nutcrackr
08-02-06, 07:50 AM
I never got Generals initially because of the lukewarm reaction towards it. However I picked it up recently and really enjoyed the whole single player campaign along with the zero hour expansion. I thought it was a really faithful c&c move into 3D, if the next c&c games feature better graphics with similar gameplay then I'm all over it.

The lack of movies between missions, treating you as a upcoming general, was the only huge downside to me. Zero Hour added movies of news readers but they were pretty lame and pointless. Red Alert 1 and 2 had great movies between missions and I'd love to see that back.

K007
08-02-06, 08:28 AM
CnC Tiberium Sun..was 3d..in a way..

stncttr908
08-02-06, 08:44 AM
CnC Tiberium Sun..was 3d..in a way..
No more 3D than Red Alert 2...

LycosV
08-02-06, 12:16 PM
God..generals was such a **** dissapointed for me..in terms of singleplayer..never bothered after that..finished with chinease..thats it..

I totally agree with you on the single player aspect. Zero Hour make multiplayer great fun though. Super weapon general or laser general, good times.

I was never impressed with Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 though, they seemed out of place in their thought out storyline. Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert (the original) set up a plotline of time travel with Kane where they really could've gone somewhere. But then Tiberian Sun did the whole cyborg Kane thing and alien race. Ruined all chances of seriousness in my book. I think that's why the cheesy fun factor of Zero Hour appeals to me. Their horribly stereotyped voice actors from the General challanges alone are worth a good chuckle.

CaptNKILL
08-02-06, 01:10 PM
No more 3D than Red Alert 2...
It had real-time deformable terrain though :D

I remember the crazy voxel-based 3d vehicles. And I remember how horrible the game ran when you deformed a lot of terrain. :p

That game was fun to mess around with but IMO the missions sucked. I didnt even get very far in it because it was too anoying.

K007
08-02-06, 05:28 PM
I totally agree with you on the single player aspect. Zero Hour make multiplayer great fun though. Super weapon general or laser general, good times.

I was never impressed with Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 though, they seemed out of place in their thought out storyline. Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert (the original) set up a plotline of time travel with Kane where they really could've gone somewhere. But then Tiberian Sun did the whole cyborg Kane thing and alien race. Ruined all chances of seriousness in my book. I think that's why the cheesy fun factor of Zero Hour appeals to me. Their horribly stereotyped voice actors from the General challanges alone are worth a good chuckle.

It was actually Kabal who was doing everything in the back...which kinda makes sense for having the cyborgs...

and cyborg commando...oh this guy PWNS!! Commando/Engi rush...aww yea..gotta love those sub.t.apc

crainger
08-02-06, 07:57 PM
I think The Brotherhood used time travel to make Tiberium Sun fail. I mean it had James Earl Jones, Michael Biehn and Francesco Quinn. How could it have failed without foul play.

SH64
08-11-06, 03:51 PM
More screens (not sure if new or not) :
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=36114

& a background on the GDI army :
GDI forces are organized to allow decentralized operations in multiple theaters of war. GDI rapid deployment forces are able to move quickly, establish forward operating bases in all types of terrain, and project power using advanced all-weather weapon systems and highly trained troops.

GDI’s land forces include versatile armored vehicles like the Predator Main Battle Tank, the Mammoth heavy tank, the Guardian APC, and the fearsome Juggernaught mobile artillery unit. Their infantry is made up of fast-moving, lightly armored combat soldiers and the slower, but heavily armored Zone Troopers. Specialized units include the Special Forces Commando and the elite Sniper Teams.

Aircraft deployed at GDI forward operating bases include the rocket-equipped VTOL Orca, the Firehawk fast attack jet, and the V-35 Ox VTOL transport.

Support units for GDI operations provide unprecedented flexibility to its field commanders. The MCV serves as the mobile hub for a forward operating base. A versatile vehicle called the “Rig” can deploy into a repair base and aircraft landing pad, providing forward logistics to aircraft and armored units.

Marvel_us
08-11-06, 04:01 PM
Never seen those before, thanks!