PDA

View Full Version : So Gears of War will not be comming to PC?

Pages : [1] 2

sillyeagle
08-01-06, 10:02 PM
I can't find any PC reference to this game on gamespot. :(

jAkUp
08-01-06, 10:11 PM
I'm sure it will, I saw it at E3 a few years back on 2x 6800 Ultra's, so they definetely put the effort in to port it over.

Brimstone7
08-01-06, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath. It's being touted as the 360's killer app so I would expect a sizable period of exclusivity before it reaches the PC. The same thing happened with the Halo series. UE3 is up and running on all modern platforms I believe (even the Wii) so it's not a technology issue, it's a marketing issue.

Zelda_fan
08-01-06, 11:19 PM
I'm sure it will, I saw it at E3 a few years back on 2x 6800 Ultra's, so they definetely put the effort in to port it over.

politics jackup, politics.

They'll market it as a 360 exclusive.

jAkUp
08-01-06, 11:20 PM
Well, I'm still sure it will see the light of day on PC, but maybe not for a while.

Acid Rain
08-01-06, 11:31 PM
Well, I'm still sure it will see the light of day on PC, but maybe not for a while.Emu FTW? :D

shungokusatsu
08-01-06, 11:37 PM
The demo will most likely show up tomorrow, following as part of XBL wednesdays. Cliffe said on the forums, BIG news comes wednesday.

Zelda_fan
08-01-06, 11:37 PM
Well, I'm still sure it will see the light of day on PC, but maybe not for a while.

If it's successful enough I'm sure MS will pull a Halo2 and allow a "vista-only" port or something like that.

Zelda_fan
08-01-06, 11:39 PM
The demo will most likely show up tomorrow, following as part of XBL wednesdays. Cliffe said on the forums, BIG news comes wednesday.

This is totally off topic, but I think CliffyB is one of the gayest people alive. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

six_storm
08-02-06, 12:43 AM
So Gears of War will not be comming to PC?

Hell naw! 360 only! :D :D :D

MaXThReAT
08-02-06, 01:13 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if just one company didn't cave to MS. Bungie, Epic, Crytek, Ubi. Money talks and I'm sure they get a bit of extra attention but it's getting old. Is the PC market so bad that a company like Epic can say they'll forget about a PC version or is the console market that good? Crytek and Ubi arenít as bad, I can understand holding a title back to make sure it works well with a all new OS & DX but bungie lips are permanently attached Bills @$$. I have yet to ever set eyes on Halo2. I don't see why Epic couldn't say, No GOW will come out on 360 and PC at the same, you'll pay for an extra team to work on the 360 version and you'll give us the same support. I just don't understand.

Becoming
08-02-06, 01:33 AM
http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/gearsofwar/about.php

A possible PC version of Gears of War has been confirmed by Epic Games, possibly featuring some bonus content not seen in the Xbox 360 version. However, with the PC port not taking place until after the Xbox 360 version's release (expected in late 2006), its likely that we won't see Gears on the PC until 2007.

LiquidX
08-02-06, 01:38 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if just one company didn't cave to MS. Bungie, Epic, Crytek, Ubi. Money talks and I'm sure they get a bit of extra attention but it's getting old. Is the PC market so bad that a company like Epic can say they'll forget about a PC version or is the console market that good? Crytek and Ubi arenít as bad, I can understand holding a title back to make sure it works well with a all new OS & DX but bungie lips are permanently attached Bills @$$. I have yet to ever set eyes on Halo2. I don't see why Epic couldn't say, No GOW will come out on 360 and PC at the same, you'll pay for an extra team to work on the 360 version and you'll give us the same support. I just don't understand.

MS payed for this game to be developed exclusivly for the 360 to sell the system. How hard is that to understand? They even own the name and Epic cannot make sequals without there permission. They want a system seller and they think GOW is it. There really banking on this game and that would be for nothing if the game was appearing on other systems. But like others say just hold tight, it may end up on the PC after a few months. And as side note there are countless PC games that never come to consoles.

K007
08-02-06, 04:56 AM

wtf? are u searious?..i doudt it will come into pc..and if it does..it might be like how halo2 is comming out to pc..new os..so i think will see gears of war bundle with the next windows OS..lol...and by next os i mean the one after Vista LOL

Gaco
08-02-06, 05:42 AM
Question is how interesting it will be for the PC if it comes out in 1-2 years with it being out on X360 for ages, Crysis being released and possibly other great events too..

Namrok
08-02-06, 06:03 AM

Well, the PC market just isn't very good. Piracy eats into sales far more than on the consoles. Plus, there is a larger market for console games over PC games. In addition, it just is a better idea to put GoW out on the 360 since there is a severe lack of good games for it. People will be starving to pick it up. And since Microsoft is willing to push it, and push it hard like they did with Halo on the original Xbox... well who wouldn't want that kind of attention?

*Shrug* PC gaming has been declining for a while now, and the writing is on the wall. Instead of getting a top of the line desktop I just got a servicable laptop, and then a 360 + HD-TV. I think most of the AAA titles are going to be console titles, and the PC will be great for indie projects. At least for the next few years.

K007
08-02-06, 07:24 AM
Piracy eats sales on all ends..its not restricted to just PC..all you need is internet..and some google skills..

Most companys know about it..and they do know piracy will eat a chunk..but hey..what are you gonna do....besides..who the **** would pirate Crysis..its just..so wrong -.-..i mean look at that thing..they deserve every cent for that hardwork they put..and considering its comming on PC first..we should show are support..but hey..some people cant afford it.

nekrosoft13
08-02-06, 10:16 AM
who would pirate crysis? i would say somewhere betweeen 50,000 to 400,000 people will

when it comes to piracy the biggest problem is cost, ok the game cost 40-60 bucks, but when cpus, video card push well into 600-1000, its just getting to expensive.

some people are still willing to pay (like me) but number of these people are decreasing. I will game on PC to the end, i tried every console out there, there is simply nothing that matches PC.

Edge
08-02-06, 10:45 AM
besides..who the **** would pirate Crysis..
People who don't like or are boycotting EA, for one.

kilmas
08-02-06, 10:57 AM
it may come for pc this fall http://news.spong.com/article/8758

LycosV
08-02-06, 11:07 AM
Piracy isn't the reason for less games on the PC. It's pure numbers. FAR more people own a console that's capable of playing decent games than a PC that is. I think that I read that statistically Intel is the largest provider of video cards because of their integrated graphics, and we all know how well those work for gaming. The PC gaming market has all but disappeared save for a few dedicated genres like RTS's and simulators. Then there's always MMORPG's but I think they contribute more to the fall of PC gaming than the survival of it.

arioch21
08-02-06, 11:17 AM
Piracy isn't the reason for less games on the PC. It's pure numbers. FAR more people own a console that's capable of playing decent games than a PC that is. I think that I read that statistically Intel is the largest provider of video cards because of their integrated graphics, and we all know how well those work for gaming. The PC gaming market has all but disappeared save for a few dedicated genres like RTS's and simulators. Then there's always MMORPG's but I think they contribute more to the fall of PC gaming than the survival of it.

How are the MMORPGS contribute to the fall of PC gaming, they are one of the main reasons I game on a PC, there are more mmorpg players now then there was 2 years ago so I would think the numbers are climbing ?, 500k to 4 mill players on the US alone within the last 2 years according to a gamespot / soe interview.

the 3 generations I mainly play on PC are, rts, mmorps and fps games, ill take a keyboard + mouse any day on a pc over a controller on a console to play these.

nekrosoft13
08-02-06, 11:21 AM

actually shooters are number one selling PC games.

anticitizenzero
08-02-06, 11:27 AM
Piracy will become just as big a problem on next gen consoles as it is on Pc now in a year or two, just like it was with regular xbox and ps2. Its not piracy that eats into pc gaming, its people who cannot justify paying the price for components. Regardless, I bet we'll see Gears of War on pc a few months after xbox360 release, i'd bet my bottom dollar on it.

nekrosoft13
08-02-06, 03:27 PM
you can already run copied games on x360

i still don't need one, i have regular xbox, haven't played a game on it in over a year, its my XBMC machine, thats it