PDA

View Full Version : eVGA step-up program in Europe (for Jakup)

DCult
08-02-06, 04:09 AM
I posted this question for Jakup in the cpu forum but since it was irrelevant there I'll repeat it here:
Jakup, can you find out if the eVGA step-up program is valid in Greece (Europe)? I asked about it in a major store and they never heard it before in their lives. Thanks in advance. If you help me, I'll give you tips to which greek island to go for vacation (where the most bi+ches go). :D

SH64
08-02-06, 05:42 PM
Totally irrelevant to the subject , but my friend is leaving to Greece tomorrow for her vacation & some hints on which island or places to visit would be great.
(reply through PM if possible) & sorry for hijacking your thread. couldnt find your PM info in your profile :D

Dr.Nick
08-02-06, 05:59 PM
On the eVGA website it says its for US and Europe. Greece is part of Europe so it should be ok(eVGA website is down atm, so I cant double check it)

jAkUp
08-02-06, 11:44 PM
Yes it is :D
http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=2
So which island? :D

DCult
08-03-06, 07:11 AM
That is terrible, I've been writting a post for an hour and when I pressed submit reply, it required login and my text was gone. :thumbdwn:

Sorry that's is in short what I was posting:

To Jakup: Thanks, I may be getting a eVga7950/core2 combo after vacation.
To SH64: You let your friend go alone to the greek islands? It's a warzone out there. The Italians and most Greeks attack anything that resembles a female :D

I may have exaggerated a bit, but I don't know exactly which island attracts the most bi+ches. I've been going to the greek islands with friends/girlfriends since I was 18 (now 31) and I've had a wonderful time each year. Though vacation has become very expensive for us Greeks since the introduction of Euro (the airplane ticket for a Norwegian to fly to Kos from Norway for example is cheaper than for a Greek from the capital), the islands are flooded with people. This is in short what I remember from the 9-10 islands I've been (apart from beeing drunk):

Skiathos, Skopelos, Allonissos: green islands, great beaches, great nightlife
Santorini: rock island (old volcano island), famous sunset in Oia, great nightlife.
Kos: great nightlife, mostly scandinavian teens :D
Paros: beautiful capital, great beaches, and nightlife.
Syros: peaceful island, great food, go with a girl, not alone, graphical old capital.
Crete: very-very big island, you need 20 days to see everything, amazing beaches, don't grow old without going there.
Mykonos: The queen of night life, where night becomes day and day becomes night. The rich and famous have a house in Mykonos and it's flooded with party animals every summer. A lot of gaylords, though :p

If you're going, beware of the ****y roads, tourists are driving drunk till dawn. The bars and clubs are open until the morning. This year I'm going to Sifnos(island)/Chalkidiki (a peninsula near my hometown)

Dr.Nick
08-04-06, 01:16 AM
Mykonos is THE place to be if you hit Greece. Oh man, its been too long:(

crainger
08-04-06, 01:40 AM
Crete? Isn't one of the Outposts of Atlantis found there?? Inside the Labyrithn protected by the Minotaur?

Sorry been playing Indy and the Fate of Atlantis...

I'm think of going to the Greek Islands sometime soon, have a mate who worked in those parts and is dying to go back and wants me to go with him.

DCult
08-04-06, 05:15 AM
Crete? Isn't one of the Outposts of Atlantis found there?? Inside the Labyrithn protected by the Minotaur?

Sorry been playing Indy and the Fate of Atlantis...

I'm think of going to the Greek Islands sometime soon, have a mate who worked in those parts and is dying to go back and wants me to go with him.

This is one of the great adventures I missed. As for Atlantis exact location, it's all speculation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Location_hypotheses_of_Atlantis

SH64
08-04-06, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info DCult :D