PDA

View Full Version : Storage in Oblivion

eneco
08-02-06, 10:44 AM
Is there any way you can store items for as long as you want in Oblivion? I tried storing some stuff in a random cupboard but after a while it just dissapeared. Can you store stuff in a house if you buy one? If so, who am I supposed to talk to to buy that little shack on the waterfront which I assume isn't too much money? Seems like i've talked to practically everyone on the waterfront and none of them mentioned the shack for sale.
Also, just as a side note, are the voices of the npcs supposed to reverberate and echo so much that you can hardly undersand what they're saying when you talk to them face to face (and in the initial movie with Uriel Septim)? And I know this isn't a buggy game, but I get constant crashes with this game and have to reboot at least one or two times whenever I play. Oh, and this is a brand new computer which I put together for the first time and I think some things are working as they should. Thanks for any help!
eneco

jnd3
08-02-06, 11:08 AM
Is there any way you can store items for as long as you want in Oblivion? I tried storing some stuff in a random cupboard but after a while it just dissapeared. Can you store stuff in a house if you buy one? If so, who am I supposed to talk to to buy that little shack on the waterfront which I assume isn't too much money? Seems like i've talked to practically everyone on the waterfront and none of them mentioned the shack for sale.
Also, just as a side note, are the voices of the npcs supposed to reverberate and echo so much that you can hardly undersand what they're saying when you talk to them face to face (and in the initial movie with Uriel Septim)? And I know this isn't a buggy game, but I get constant crashes with this game and have to reboot at least one or two times whenever I play. Oh, and this is a brand new computer which I put together for the first time and I think some things are working as they should. Thanks for any help!
eneco

Talk to Vinicia Melissaeia at the Office of Imperial Commerce (which is in the Market District of the Imperial City). Then you can get a fairly cheap house. There are a few chests and storage cabinets in there. All the cities have houses for sale with varying degrees of luxury. They'll set you back, though!

CaptNKILL
08-02-06, 12:51 PM
Most of the time you can leave things laying around and people wont mess with them unless they need them (ie, leave a weapon on the ground and someone might pick it up if they get into a fight). They will disapear after a long time though.

I think containers reset once in a while though.

KatzZero
08-03-06, 12:48 AM
Exists 2 types of containers ... 1 respawn ... and the other donīt ... if you put your itens in a container that respawn ... you will loose your item when you leave the cell ... the other is permanet ... the container that Jaffre unlock for you is a non-respawner type ... I Think ... test to see ...
theres a bug with the containers too ... if you put too much itens inside .. some of the itens will dissapear ... but you only need to click em Take All button to take the missing item ...:D
i hope not said any bull**** ...:D

Phantom53
08-04-06, 03:14 PM
All containers outside of a house that you buy will regenerate items. If you put you stuff into one of these barrels or crates you will lose them. When you buy a house you will get instructions to for buying cupboards and other things to decorate your house. Some houses come with storage containers already. All containers in a house you buy are safe to store in and do not regenerate.

As far as the game kicking you to desktop, I occationally have this happen to me, but not often. It seems to happen when my computer heats up too much during these summer days. So, you could try additional air flow. Telling us what exactly you are doing when the game crashes would help diagnose the problem better.

The sound problem could be incorrect settings for you sound card. Try going into your card setup and look for the reverb settings. If it's a Sound Blaster card you'll need to go into the Audio HQ and select the EAX control panel and set to Original to fix the sound.

I hope this help some. Let me know.

clonedawg
08-06-06, 11:34 PM
what i've done is bought the haunted house in anvil, cleared out the ghosts, then just thrown all of my items on the floor (i got burned earlier when leaving my items in a container at glarthir's house so i'm wary of trying containers out again). This should work with any house that you purchase. Hope this helps!

Kortan
08-13-06, 08:47 PM
what i've done is bought the haunted house in anvil, cleared out the ghosts, then just thrown all of my items on the floor (i got burned earlier when leaving my items in a container at glarthir's house so i'm wary of trying containers out again). This should work with any house that you purchase. Hope this helps!
Containers in houses you buy are perfectly safe. Also, about the Benirus Manor in Anvil, not sure if you did it but if you complete the entire quest, the house gets cleaned up/furnished and it's totally free. This is the first house that should be bought in the game imo.