PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard bringing back Starcraft

Bearclaw
08-02-06, 11:12 PM
I read this in a article in a computer magazine. It is coming back in 3D and the screenshots looked amazing. I'll look for an online article.

shungokusatsu
08-02-06, 11:43 PM
If your referring to the article in PC Gamer, that's not actually Starcraft, but a WC3 mod.

retsam
08-03-06, 05:25 AM
doh!!!... i just dont get why blizzard doesnt do another starcraft...they had the best netcode of any RTS i have ever played and the game is still popular in many countries.

K007
08-03-06, 05:38 AM
They wont do anything untill WoW is dead..which is not going to happend anytime soon.

nekrosoft13
08-03-06, 07:12 AM
haha, this is hilarious, its a mod

Son Goku
08-03-06, 07:54 AM
I've heard of Blizzard having some interest in developing a Starcraft 2, a couple years ago...

Other then that, I haven't seen any indications to suggest that it's anywhere's near a beta, or anything that would signify it's been on it's way. Whether they are working on it (in development, or by hashing some ideas about) I don't know... But until something (be it a more definitive statement, having a sign up for a beta test, or anything) more concrete materializes from them, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

arioch21
08-03-06, 10:19 AM
there is a article on gamespot posted yesterday I think it was that said Blizzard is beefing up their rts department and hiring new people with rts backgrounds. Im hoping its for starcraft 2. :)

Quickstar
08-03-06, 10:35 AM
I thought it was called Starcraft ghost or something? Where its like WoW but with a starcraft setting. Is that something different altogether?

arioch21
08-03-06, 10:47 AM
I thought it was called Starcraft ghost or something? Where its like WoW but with a starcraft setting. Is that something different altogether?

Starcraft ghost was a different game that supposely got halted on production, it was suppose to be a game like splinter cell / metal gear solid using the starcraft universe for character background and story.

BioHazZarD
08-03-06, 11:14 AM
Who the hell would want starcraft in 3d anyways.. would suck so much..

Zelda_fan
08-03-06, 12:14 PM
Who the hell would want starcraft in 3d anyways.. would suck so much..

I don't know, Warcraft was pretty good in 3d.

arioch21
08-03-06, 12:30 PM
I don't know, Warcraft was pretty good in 3d.

yup, Ill take 3D like WC3 or Warhammer DoW over another 2D version.

Bearclaw
08-03-06, 09:25 PM
I'll try to find the magazine, I saw in in a store while waiting for my train. It is expected to come out 3rd quarter 2007. The screenshots looked pretty cool though.