PDA

View Full Version : Gears of war will be released...

Pages : [1] 2

Bad_Boy
08-03-06, 09:09 AM
Nov 12th 2006.

Emergence Day Revealed: Critically Acclaimed Xbox 360 Title “Gears of War” to Surface Nov. 12, 2006

Countdown begins for the most anticipated game of 2006 as gamers eagerly await the flagship title from Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games.

REDMOND, Wash. — Aug. 3, 2006 — Since the first frightening images appeared a little over a year ago, gamers worldwide have felt the ominous rumblings of something approaching that defies all convention. Sightings as recent as at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2006 have confirmed its existence, leaving gamers breathless. Microsoft Corp. today announced what anxious players have been eagerly awaiting: Emergence Day 2006. Available exclusively for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the highly anticipated title “Gears of War” will be available in North America on Nov. 12, 2006.

Developed by Epic Games Inc. and published by Microsoft Game Studios, “Gears of War” tells the harrowing story of mankind’s struggle against the monstrous Locust Horde through stunning high-definition graphics and an intense storyline on the scale of a blockbuster movie.

One of the most anticipated next-generation console titles of 2006 and the critic’s choice winner for the E3 2006 Best Console Game, “Gears of War” will explode onto store shelves with a standard edition available for $59.99* and a limited collector’s edition available for $69.99. The limited edition will offer an even deeper look into the graphically stunning and frightening world of “Gears of War,” providing an official “Destroyed Beauty” art book and a bonus DVD featuring an inside look at the making of the game — all enclosed in a highly collectible metal box.

“‘Gears of War’ represents the emergence of a thrilling new franchise for Xbox 360 and is the must-have game of 2006,” said Shane Kim, general manager of Microsoft Game Studios. “Combining the best in innovative gameplay, next-generation graphics and interactive storytelling, Epic has harnessed the extraordinary power of Xbox 360 to create an extremely powerful and immersive entertainment experience.”

“Our vision is to deliver a one-two punch of cinematic action paired with a thrilling and compelling interactive experience,” said Cliff Bleszinski, lead designer at Epic. “With ‘Gears of War’ we’ve created a title that will place gamers directly in the shadows of a ravaged world, surrounded by the beautiful remnants of a destroyed city and the horrific dangers that hide in the rubble.”

“Gears of War” thrusts gamers into humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. Blending the best of tactical action games with the best of survival horror titles, “Gears of War” features cinematic, beautifully rendered interactive environments with high-definition visuals.

Demand for the game is high as retailers anticipate the one-two punch of “Gears of War” and Xbox 360 appearing in quantity on store shelves this holiday season. “The interest and buzz on this game has been intense,” said Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising at GameStop Corp. “Certainly gamers are counting the days until Emergence Day arrives, as pre-orders have been very strong.”

go crazy evilchris. do your dance.

ENU291
08-03-06, 09:13 AM
Is this the so called "Big Announcement!" ?

Bad_Boy
08-03-06, 09:26 AM
I suppose so. Arguably 360's biggest title next to halo 3 finally gets a release date.

XxDeadlyxX
08-03-06, 09:59 AM
Sigh what a lame announement... so much hype over something we already knew :thumbdwn: There again I guess a demo would have been a bit optimistic

npras42
08-03-06, 10:59 AM
This isn't really a big announcement for anyone other than Microsoft! Its just parading the fact it will come out about the same time as PS3 and Wii will... They couldn't get Halo 3 out like Bill Gates wanted so now its GoW. Quite lame!

Having said that, can't wait to get hold of this though.

toxikneedle
08-03-06, 11:54 AM
This isn't really a big announcement for anyone other than Microsoft! Its just parading the fact it will come out about the same time as PS3 and Wii will... They couldn't get Halo 3 out like Bill Gates wanted so now its GoW. Quite lame!

Having said that, can't wait to get hold of this though.
I don't see how this isn't a big announcement for people who are waiting for this game. You know there are fans of this game and they actually care when the release date is gonna be.

evilchris
08-03-06, 12:27 PM
Dance for what? I don't give a crap about this game.

brady
08-03-06, 12:47 PM
The thing that is funny to me is that the "big announcement" was already "announced" by a couple retailers a few days ago. Lame.

Zelda_fan
08-03-06, 01:12 PM
The thing that is funny to me is that the "big announcement" was already "announced" by a couple retailers a few days ago. Lame.

Yep, leave it to CliffyB and crew to make another gay announcement.

Bad_Boy
08-03-06, 01:20 PM
Dance for what? I don't give a crap about this game.
Damn thats a shame, even I want to play this game. :p

evilchris
08-03-06, 01:24 PM
Damn thats a shame, even I want to play this game. :p

then buy a 360. I have 2 PS3's on pre-order.

Bad_Boy
08-03-06, 01:47 PM
I'll pass, not enough there yet to motivate me, plan on using my friend's 360 for this game.

Just wondering, why dont you care about this title?

evilchris
08-03-06, 01:53 PM
I'll pass, not enough there yet to motivate me, plan on using my friend's 360 for this game.

Just wondering, why dont you care about this title?

I'm more into games like Hitman, Oblivion, Condemned, etc. I don't like Halo either.

Bad_Boy
08-03-06, 02:19 PM
I'm more into games like Hitman, Oblivion, Condemned, etc. I don't like Halo either.
Didnt say ya did, I was just interested. This game looks and feels leaps and bounds over halo imo. You probably guessed I never liked it either. But I'm looking forward to sitting down with this one.

Ah well, your opinion.

Mr_LoL
08-03-06, 02:57 PM

Out of intrest are you going to keep one or sell them both?

evilchris
08-03-06, 03:01 PM
Out of intrest are you going to keep one or sell them both?

Depends on how insane it gets. If it gets up to $2k per system I'll dump both and wait.

slick
08-03-06, 04:29 PM
Yep, leave it to CliffyB and crew to make another gay announcement.

It was actually Mark Rein that made all the hype for the big announcement.

evilchris
08-03-06, 07:06 PM
It was actually Mark Rein that made all the hype for the big announcement.

That doesn't change the fact that cliffyb is a flaming homo

ENU291
08-03-06, 11:45 PM
That doesn't change the fact that cliffyb is a flaming homo
So you know for a "fact" that Cliffy B is a homo?? I wonder how you know that? (gay)

evilchris
08-04-06, 01:32 AM
So you know for a "fact" that Cliffy B is a homo?? I wonder how you know that? (gay)

i let him suck my dick and i blew a load in his face

Zelda_fan
08-04-06, 01:57 AM
And I have it on film too. Would post pix, but I blackmailed CliffyB to give me some money, so I can't post it or I get no $$$. That's how I can afford all my computer stuff.

Zelda_fan
08-04-06, 02:03 AM
These two guys definately take it in the rear.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8914/mefatalityye7.th.jpg (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mefatalityye7.jpg)

Peoples-Agent
08-04-06, 02:24 AM
i let him suck my dick and i blew a load in his face

LOL (pirate)

Gears of War will take up my Xmas, sod all that depressing tradition and ceremonial nonsense, I just want to get
drunk and shoot aliens whilst wearing a santa's hat.

oldsk00l
08-05-06, 01:11 AM
whoop-tee-doo

Not that I'm not anticipating this game, I'm sure I'll love it when it comes out. I'm just thinking it was completely gay that Epic hyped a ship date. Oh and btw, not only is CliffyB a flaming homo, but so is Mark Rein. He looks like prime casting material for a midnight cowboy gay scene.

Acid Rain
08-06-06, 07:12 PM
These two guys definately take it in the rear.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8914/mefatalityye7.th.jpg (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mefatalityye7.jpg)
I doubt it, but they sure do look like wimps.