PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake Armor

Pages : [1] 2

Riptide
08-03-06, 11:54 AM
Anyone have this case? I want to replace the 90mm fan it comes with. Will a 92mm fan work? I'm unsure about that and there far more 92mm options available vs. 90mm.

EDIT:

N/M I called up frozencpu and they assured me a 92mm fan will work in the mount. So I have a TT Armor on the way along with two 120mm enermax and a 90mm enermax. Gonna put it together next week sometime. Will ofcourse post up new pictures when finished. :)

walterman
08-03-06, 03:18 PM
I've the black Armor. I replaced both 90mm fans with 2x 92mm fans. The case has even the holes to put 80mm fans in their place.

It's an excellent case to keep your system running cool. You even can put 3x 120mm fans in the front.

Riptide
08-03-06, 03:24 PM
To bad TT screwed up with this one just like they did my Tsunami.

The exhaust port on the top of the case - the fan will have to come out, probably permanently. Apparently my OCZ 520W powerstream is to long of a power supply and the upper exhaust fan and usb ports interfere with it.

Oh well it still should cool better and have more room than this cramped Tsunami.

walterman
08-03-06, 08:15 PM
I've an Enermax EG701AX-VH(W)SFMA -> Dimensions: 150 x 86 x 140mm (W x H x D). There's like 1cm between the PSU & the fan on the top. If your PSU is longer, yes, you'll have to remove it :(

SH64
08-03-06, 08:54 PM
Make sure to get it along with the 250mm fan upgrade! (unless you're looking for a clear view of the case).

Bearclaw
08-03-06, 11:27 PM
That is an awesome case. I am going to look into a full tower case soon. I think I might look into the same one, the idea of having 2 120mm fans in the front sound badass. :D

Riptide
08-04-06, 09:25 AM
You can have 3 120mm fans up front if you want. Not sure if you'd have room for a drive afterwards though. But if your peripherals are all external then you could get away with it for sure.

walterman
08-04-06, 10:15 AM
I've 3x 120mm fans, the DVD drive, & the floppy/power panel, in the front. 11 external 5.25" bays total (you need 3 per 120mm fan).

Riptide
08-04-06, 10:32 AM
Wow maybe I should've bought more LED fans. lol

Question. If I decide I want to ditch the side panel and get one without a window does TT sell them separately? I can't find it on their site.

EDIT

n/m out of stock. I don't know I'm just not thrilled with the way the side panel looks. Who wants to see metal drive cages and wires stuck up in the upper right corner?

walterman
08-04-06, 02:31 PM
I saw it in some german sites sometime ago. They're selling the version with the 250mm fan now. It could be a good way to cool your gfx cards.

Riptide
08-04-06, 02:36 PM
Yeah I may just end up using it (panel w/25cm fan) after all. I just hate the way the window extends out into the upper right corner and lower right corner. Who wants to see wires stuffed up there and drive bays?

I'm going to try hard to make it look nice and neat. If it ends up looking OK then I won't worry. If I can't get it cleaned up well enough I'm going to paint over the window in those spots. Just not sure what sort of paint to use. I'm assuming black flat spray paint.

SH64
08-04-06, 02:48 PM
I saw it in some german sites sometime ago. They're selling the version with the 250mm fan now. It could be a good way to cool your gfx cards.
I tried it & it did cool my QuadSLI system , CPU & SB chipset very nicely. i recommend it for everyone.

MrSavoy
08-04-06, 07:17 PM
I've had the TT Armor since I built this rig last OCT and I love it. I have the alluminum one and it keeps everything cool. I have all the stock fans and never replaced em. Was thinking about it but never had a need as of yet. Full system specs in my sig.

Bearclaw
08-04-06, 07:48 PM
I've 3x 120mm fans, the DVD drive, & the floppy/power panel, in the front. 11 external 5.25" bays total (you need 3 per 120mm fan).

The one thing that I like about this case is the fact that I can have 3 120mm fans on the front blowing in cold air. That sounds so cool. I am going to upgrade to a Full tower case and when I do this will be it I think.

Riptide
08-07-06, 12:28 PM
OK I have another question.

I want to mount a total of two 120mm fans in the front of this case. Obviously it comes with the ability to easily mount at least one since it includes one stock. Someone is telling me that it will require a mounting kit of some sort in order to mount a second 120mm fan in the front. Is this the case and if so does the case come with the kit necessary to do this?

If it doesn't I'm going to be a little upset.

EDIT:
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/2005/xaserCase/icage/icage.htm

Looks like I'll need another one of these. Wish I knew that before I ordered. :(

ENU291
08-07-06, 03:04 PM
Anyone have this case? I want to replace the 90mm fan it comes with. Will a 92mm fan work? I'm unsure about that and there far more 92mm options available vs. 90mm.

EDIT:

N/M I called up frozencpu and they assured me a 92mm fan will work in the mount. So I have a TT Armor on the way along with two 120mm enermax and a 90mm enermax. Gonna put it together next week sometime. Will ofcourse post up new pictures when finished. :)
Riptide what happened to you going into cost savings mode?

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 03:21 PM
Riptide what happened to you going into cost savings mode?

Hey, if he wants mroe fans and better cooling, let hiom do it..haha im a cooling fan but over here. :D

nekrosoft13
08-07-06, 03:32 PM
there is one thing i really can't stand about this case every single time i see it. I simply hate those metal flaps on the side, thats is one of the dumbest designs ever

Bearclaw
08-07-06, 04:08 PM
there is one thing i really can't stand about this case every single time i see it. I simply hate those metal flaps on the side, thats is one of the dumbest designs ever

Eh, there not all bad. I wish it was easier to install the fans on the front.

walterman
08-07-06, 04:54 PM
OK I have another question.

I want to mount a total of two 120mm fans in the front of this case. Obviously it comes with the ability to easily mount at least one since it includes one stock. Someone is telling me that it will require a mounting kit of some sort in order to mount a second 120mm fan in the front. Is this the case and if so does the case come with the kit necessary to do this?

You can buy that 'icage', but, i did it myself with a little of metal & some screws. I'll pm you the details.

Riptide
08-07-06, 05:01 PM
Thanks anyway man. I already have another iCage on order from zipzoom. $25 w/2 day air. Not to bad I guess. It should be easy.

Cutting the grills out with snips and then dremeling them down. I'm also going to remove the upper exhaust fan and the bracket assembly. Wonder how long that will take.

Riptide
08-07-06, 05:02 PM
Riptide what happened to you going into cost savings mode?A friend of mine got this case and I've always wanted something with more room and better cooling than my beautiful Tsunami. :D

So I rationalized that I just won't bother getting the FX60 and instead go ahead and get this case. I might still get the FX60 but it'll have to wait until around Christmas. By then hopefully the prices will be sane.

nekrosoft13
08-07-06, 05:41 PM
off topic, hows that Auzentech HDA X-Plosion

Riptide
08-07-06, 06:00 PM
No problems with it so far except the very occasional stutter in FEAR which only happens in the spots that cause my system to drop down to sub 30fps speeds. Other than that it's been perfect.

Clearly sounds better than the onboard Realtek as well.

Hochi
08-07-06, 07:39 PM
if you want a cage that can hold 4 hard drives than 3 with the TT Icage.
Get the coolermaster 4 in 3 cage

and anyone have the OCZ600GXSSLI power supply ? does it fit in the psu slot ?